are these rankings legit?

amit101

should i make a decision based on the following rankings for an msc in finance or are the ft rankings the most respectedfeed://news.efinancialcareers.com/uk-en/154088/the-top-25-masters-in-finance-for-getting-a-job-in-investment-banking//latest these are the efinancialcareers rankings for finance programs.

should i make a decision based on the following rankings for an msc in finance or are the ft rankings the most respectedfeed://news.efinancialcareers.com/uk-en/154088/the-top-25-masters-in-finance-for-getting-a-job-in-investment-banking//latest these are the efinancialcareers rankings for finance programs.
Duncan

This is a nice ranking. There are some issues with the methodology, certainly. However the big advantage of the FT ranking is that is focusses only on recent graduates, and looks at all of them rather than only those who are looking for work, while this looks at all graduates (which makes the volatility more curious). What if, for example, Stockholm is less important than it was 10, 20 or 30 years ago?

This is a nice ranking. There are some issues with the methodology, certainly. However the big advantage of the FT ranking is that is focusses only on recent graduates, and looks at all of them rather than only those who are looking for work, while this looks at all graduates (which makes the volatility more curious). What if, for example, Stockholm is less important than it was 10, 20 or 30 years ago?
amit101

thanks for the prompt reply Duncan.i see that warwick has registered a huge fall in these particular rankings however in the ft rankings wbs seems to be taking leaps and is rising every year.so the point I am trying to make is that even if schools like sse and esade are on the top in these rankings,will they really be seen by employers as schools that are better than the lower ranked schools like warwick,said,imperial and bocconi?nowadays there are so many rankings that most of them have ceased to make sense.there are the qs rankings,the times rankings ,arwu rankings and the business school rankings like ft and economist.all these are not enough too,there are the more recent ones like these and also some that are not so influential like the eduniversal.i am so confused by all the league tables that taking a decision has become a daunting task.what should I do?which are the most legit rankings out there?thanking you,amit

thanks for the prompt reply Duncan.i see that warwick has registered a huge fall in these particular rankings however in the ft rankings wbs seems to be taking leaps and is rising every year.so the point I am trying to make is that even if schools like sse and esade are on the top in these rankings,will they really be seen by employers as schools that are better than the lower ranked schools like warwick,said,imperial and bocconi?nowadays there are so many rankings that most of them have ceased to make sense.there are the qs rankings,the times rankings ,arwu rankings and the business school rankings like ft and economist.all these are not enough too,there are the more recent ones like these and also some that are not so influential like the eduniversal.i am so confused by all the league tables that taking a decision has become a daunting task.what should I do?which are the most legit rankings out there?thanking you,amit
amit101

Anyone? Duncan , ezra?

Anyone? Duncan , ezra?
Duncan

If you want to pick a MiF to attend, and you want good personal outcomes, then the FT ranking is best because it's focussed on recent outcomes. All the rankings measure different things; averaging and weighting them all is not a bad approach.

If you want to pick a MiF to attend, and you want good personal outcomes, then the FT ranking is best because it's focussed on recent outcomes. All the rankings measure different things; averaging and weighting them all is not a bad approach.
amit101

thank you Duncan.for an msc in finance which school is better-warwick /esade/cass/escp or bocconi?my aim is to work in europe after my graduation.i have a degree in accounting and finance and a gmat score of 670.

thank you Duncan.for an msc in finance which school is better-warwick /esade/cass/escp or bocconi?my aim is to work in europe after my graduation.i have a degree in accounting and finance and a gmat score of 670.
amit101

anyone?

anyone?
Duncan

I've given my best advice: use the FT ranking.

I've given my best advice: use the FT ranking.
Razors Edg...

In general you should study in the country where you want to work, and can fluently speak the language. So if you can't speak Italian or Spanish, and don't have a knack for languages, then that's a limitation right there.

ESCP is interesting. I'm not too familiar with its MiF program but I'd look at its cross-continental presence as a plus, not to mention the internship.

Generally though, the FT rankings and associated salary data are a good place to get more insight. Ask the schools specifically about post-MBA career paths, especially for non-EU citizens (I'm assuming you're non-EU?)

<blockquote>thank you Duncan.for an msc in finance which school is better-warwick /esade/cass/escp or bocconi?my aim is to work in europe after my graduation.i have a degree in accounting and finance and a gmat score of 670.</blockquote>
In general you should study in the country where you want to work, and can fluently speak the language. So if you can't speak Italian or Spanish, and don't have a knack for languages, then that's a limitation right there.

ESCP is interesting. I'm not too familiar with its MiF program but I'd look at its cross-continental presence as a plus, not to mention the internship.

Generally though, the FT rankings and associated salary data are a good place to get more insight. Ask the schools specifically about post-MBA career paths, especially for non-EU citizens (I'm assuming you're non-EU?)

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

London, United Kingdom 59 Followers 415 Discussions
Milan, Italy 70 Followers 211 Discussions
Coventry, United Kingdom 100 Followers 585 Discussions
Barcelona, Spain 49 Followers 245 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 6 Followers 134 Discussions
Berlin, Germany 13 Followers 102 Discussions

Other Related Content

Dec 01, 2023

Warwick Launches New Hybrid Accelerator MBA For March 2024 Intake

News Dec 01, 2023

MBA Rankings: Finding the Best Business Schools

Article Jul 24, 2012

From the FT to Businessweek, we discuss the importance of rankings and how they work