Am i elligible

gio985

im 22 years old and i will get my degree in finance and accounting by february from the university of macedonia in greece. my gmat score is 700 but i have a 3 year work experience that is pre graduation so i am wondering if i can get into any U.S. MBA programm!

im 22 years old and i will get my degree in finance and accounting by february from the university of macedonia in greece. my gmat score is 700 but i have a 3 year work experience that is pre graduation so i am wondering if i can get into any U.S. MBA programm!
ezra

You're lucky: most recent grads don't have three years of work experience under their belts, and your 700 GMAT score is solid, and while it doesn't make you extremely competitive at the very top schools, you'll have a good chance at a top 20-25 school.

Do you plan on pursuing any kind of specialization? What about regional preferences?

Off the top of my head, I'd suggest looking into these couple of schools:

Yale
Michigan State
USC

And then a stretch school, where you would really like to go but maybe don't have the stats to get in (sometimes you can get lucky,) like MIT Sloan or Duke.

Any regional or other preference can narrow your choice down a bit or provide other options.

And then a

You're lucky: most recent grads don't have three years of work experience under their belts, and your 700 GMAT score is solid, and while it doesn't make you extremely competitive at the very top schools, you'll have a good chance at a top 20-25 school.

Do you plan on pursuing any kind of specialization? What about regional preferences?

Off the top of my head, I'd suggest looking into these couple of schools:

Yale
Michigan State
USC

And then a stretch school, where you would really like to go but maybe don't have the stats to get in (sometimes you can get lucky,) like MIT Sloan or Duke.

Any regional or other preference can narrow your choice down a bit or provide other options.

And then a
gio985

thank you very much!!! i would like to ask one more question!
whats the word about HULT bussines school?? is it as good as it is presented??

thank you very much!!! i would like to ask one more question!
whats the word about HULT bussines school?? is it as good as it is presented??
Duncan

When schools ask for three years work experience they typically mean three years of *full time* experience. Because few 21 year old university graduates have that, expect a sceptical question about that from business schools.... except Hult. If you have the money then for-profit schools like Hult will be more flexible about make space. However, if you can attend a school from a well-known university, with dual or triple accreditation (from two or all of AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA) then that will be a stronger asset.

When schools ask for three years work experience they typically mean three years of *full time* experience. Because few 21 year old university graduates have that, expect a sceptical question about that from business schools.... except Hult. If you have the money then for-profit schools like Hult will be more flexible about make space. However, if you can attend a school from a well-known university, with dual or triple accreditation (from two or all of AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA) then that will be a stronger asset.
gio985

what about carneggie mellon??? do i have any shot in getting in??

what about carneggie mellon??? do i have any shot in getting in??
Duncan

I cannot see how you can have a decent chance of being a competitive candidate there. Can you explain how you have been able to complete both a degtee and three years' work experience by now? Is that full time work experience?

I cannot see how you can have a decent chance of being a competitive candidate there. Can you explain how you have been able to complete both a degtee and three years' work experience by now? Is that full time work experience?

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Los Angeles, California 103 Followers 120 Discussions
New Haven, Connecticut 42 Followers 62 Discussions
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 37 Followers 92 Discussions
East Lansing, Michigan 20 Followers 58 Discussions
Cambridge, Massachusetts 34 Followers 179 Discussions
Dubai, United Arab Emirates 25 Followers 88 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 31 Followers 77 Discussions
San Francisco, California 28 Followers 40 Discussions
New York City, New York 6 Followers 21 Discussions

Other Related Content