advise in a proposal

zuhair

Hello everyone.

I'm computer engineer, from Iraq , working in a complete-failure ministry ( ministry of communications) for 4 years, this ministry is supposed to be the government-tech- firm which is responsible for providing and managing technology sector in the entire country.

without going into details, and in general its a dilapidated firm which lacks any business models or any real management.I'm a prospective student here, on a scholarship program who is seriously looking forward to pursue a general MBA degree. I want to capitalize on this business/management gap that the ministry lacks and develop a well articulated proposal that justifies enough for the need of this degree.

of course I've never been into business, and I don't know really how to approach this issue or what to discuss in my proposal.

many thanks for the help

Hello everyone.

I'm computer engineer, from Iraq , working in a complete-failure ministry ( ministry of communications) for 4 years, this ministry is supposed to be the government-tech- firm which is responsible for providing and managing technology sector in the entire country.

without going into details, and in general its a dilapidated firm which lacks any business models or any real management.I'm a prospective student here, on a scholarship program who is seriously looking forward to pursue a general MBA degree. I want to capitalize on this business/management gap that the ministry lacks and develop a well articulated proposal that justifies enough for the need of this degree.

of course I've never been into business, and I don't know really how to approach this issue or what to discuss in my proposal.

many thanks for the help

Duncan

Do you have a specific question?

Do you have a specific question?
zuhair

Thank you , and yes my question was how can I exactly provide an evidence or do a some kind of research from the business/management point of view on this Tech firm that can demonstrate at least the need for a business/management expertise/solutions to revive it or at least solve some of its problems. what kind of research/ statistics for example should I draw on on my proposal that can convince others of the actual managerial gab that exists in this ministry.

many thanks for the help

Thank you , and yes my question was how can I exactly provide an evidence or do a some kind of research from the business/management point of view on this Tech firm that can demonstrate at least the need for a business/management expertise/solutions to revive it or at least solve some of its problems. what kind of research/ statistics for example should I draw on on my proposal that can convince others of the actual managerial gab that exists in this ministry.

many thanks for the help
Duncan

I don't think this is the right website to get that sort of answer. I think the answer may be very specific to your organisation. Start by discovering the opportunities, obstacles and options through discussing with people there. That may have more impact than looking for external facts which might not relate to the specific problems.

I don't think this is the right website to get that sort of answer. I think the answer may be very specific to your organisation. Start by discovering the opportunities, obstacles and options through discussing with people there. That may have more impact than looking for external facts which might not relate to the specific problems.
zuhair

Thank you for your reply

absolutely , you are right. I just want something to start with to look for those " obstacles", but I don't have this management vision that enables me to track those errors.

Anyway, thank you again for your reply and concern.

my best

Thank you for your reply

absolutely , you are right. I just want something to start with to look for those " obstacles", but I don't have this management vision that enables me to track those errors.

Anyway, thank you again for your reply and concern.

my best
Duncan

Look into the Appreciative Inquiry approach. It is very effective in defensive organisations.

Look into the Appreciative Inquiry approach. It is very effective in defensive organisations.

Reply to Post

Hot Discussions