WHU vs. HHL

Can't decide between these two schools in Germany:

WHU
Pros: ranked in the Economist
Cons: more expensive, shorter, no term abroad option

HHL
Pros: term abroad option, lower cost
Cons: MBA program is unranked

Anybody else considering these schools? Would love to hear insight.

Can't decide between these two schools in Germany:

WHU
Pros: ranked in the Economist
Cons: more expensive, shorter, no term abroad option

HHL
Pros: term abroad option, lower cost
Cons: MBA program is unranked

Anybody else considering these schools? Would love to hear insight.
Duncan

You may find it useful to search the discussion board for some informed discussion about these schools. The differences are not primarily the ranking, cost or international study period.

You may find it useful to search the discussion board for some informed discussion about these schools. The differences are not primarily the ranking, cost or international study period.
badux

What are your career goals? If they include staying in Germany after graduation, then you'll probably need to speak fluent German.

What are your career goals? If they include staying in Germany after graduation, then you'll probably need to speak fluent German.

My goals are to move from my IT role to something in business strategy or operations. I do speak German, and have EU residency so I don't need to worry about that. I like the idea of having a term abroad to get some international work experience.

My goals are to move from my IT role to something in business strategy or operations. I do speak German, and have EU residency so I don't need to worry about that. I like the idea of having a term abroad to get some international work experience.
badux

Check with employers and on Linkedin to see how these schools place in these kinds of roles, and especially, in specific industries that you are targeting.

"Business strategy" is sort of vague: do you mean you want to work in a strategic consulting function? If so, a European school with strong relationships with recruiters in this field (Insead) might be more appropriate, even if it's not in the country. Although I'm looking at Linkedin now, and it seems like WHU has strong numbers here as well.

Check with employers and on Linkedin to see how these schools place in these kinds of roles, and especially, in specific industries that you are targeting.

"Business strategy" is sort of vague: do you mean you want to work in a strategic consulting function? If so, a European school with strong relationships with recruiters in this field (Insead) might be more appropriate, even if it's not in the country. Although I'm looking at Linkedin now, and it seems like WHU has strong numbers here as well.

I don't necessarily want to go into strategic consulting in the traditional sense, but instead I'd like to work with smaller companies to refine their business strategies and set strategic direction. I'll look at Linkedin, thanks.

I don't necessarily want to go into strategic consulting in the traditional sense, but instead I'd like to work with smaller companies to refine their business strategies and set strategic direction. I'll look at Linkedin, thanks.
Duncan

Does the Mittelstand use consultants to do that? If so, find those companies and ask them where they hire. I have no idea why they would pay a premium to hire from English-language MBA programmes: they need German speakers, with German networks.

Does the Mittelstand use consultants to do that? If so, find those companies and ask them where they hire. I have no idea why they would pay a premium to hire from English-language MBA programmes: they need German speakers, with German networks.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Leipzig, Germany 70 Followers 196 Discussions
Düsseldorf, Germany 80 Followers 207 Discussions

Other Related Content

MBA Programs in Germany: A Gateway to Europe

Article May 20, 2013

How an emerging class of top German business schools is helping international students tap into the country's growing economy

Hot Discussions