USA to Spain for MBA

reyesi1

Hi there,

I am interested in getting my MBA in Spain, specifically Barcelona. I've been reading a lot of the forums but some are a bit out dated. I'm looking for a program that has concentrations in e-business or global finance. Most of the schools I see on here just show the core curriculum. does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

thanks!

Hi there,

I am interested in getting my MBA in Spain, specifically Barcelona. I've been reading a lot of the forums but some are a bit out dated. I'm looking for a program that has concentrations in e-business or global finance. Most of the schools I see on here just show the core curriculum. does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

thanks!
Duncan

A MBA that has formal, declared concentrations is rather rare in Spain. If you want to study finance and get a job in finance, then your best bet is to go to IESE or ESADE, which have traditional two-year MBAs. Otherwise take a masters in finance at IE, ESADE, EADA or EADE.

A MBA that has formal, declared concentrations is rather rare in Spain. If you want to study finance and get a job in finance, then your best bet is to go to IESE or ESADE, which have traditional two-year MBAs. Otherwise take a masters in finance at IE, ESADE, EADA or EADE.
reyesi1

What are your thoughts on European university? They have specific concentrations but I've heard mixed things

What are your thoughts on European university? They have specific concentrations but I've heard mixed things
Duncan

I can't recommend that. If you want to find work, then you should attend a ranked, accredited university. If you don't care about work, but just want a quality education, then at least attend something with the legal status of a university, with the formal right to issue degrees in the country where you are studying. The European University is neither.

I can't recommend that. If you want to find work, then you should attend a ranked, accredited university. If you don't care about work, but just want a quality education, then at least attend something with the legal status of a university, with the formal right to issue degrees in the country where you are studying. The European University is neither.
Razors Edg...

IESE or IE would be great choices given their consistent placements in the FT rankings.

For e-business specifically, look closely at IESE - it's got some relevant electives (including "Internet Enabling Strategies," which is delivered in NYC through the program's global component;) as well as "Starting Internet Businesses."

As an aside: you probably won't find a concentration in e-business at an accredited business school in Spain (or most of Europe, for that matter) - but it's not unreasonable to expect to supplement an MBA program's core curriculum with relevant marketing curriculum and other courses - this should be sufficient in most cases.

IESE or IE would be great choices given their consistent placements in the FT rankings.

For e-business specifically, look closely at IESE - it's got some relevant electives (including "Internet Enabling Strategies," which is delivered in NYC through the program's global component;) as well as "Starting Internet Businesses."

As an aside: you probably won't find a concentration in e-business at an accredited business school in Spain (or most of Europe, for that matter) - but it's not unreasonable to expect to supplement an MBA program's core curriculum with relevant marketing curriculum and other courses - this should be sufficient in most cases.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Barcelona, Spain 29 Followers 169 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 114 Followers 368 Discussions
Barcelona, Spain 49 Followers 245 Discussions

Other Related Content

MBA Programs in Spain: Study in a Sun-Soaked Entrepreneur’s Paradise

Article Jun 11, 2018

The country’s business schools are on a roll, with applications holding steady, job prospects buoyant and an entrepreneurial scene that is thriving

Hot Discussions