Universita di Pisa,Universita di Bolognia or MIB School of Management?

Aleksey

which one of those three should I consider the most ?
Many thanks in advance...

which one of those three should I consider the most ?
Many thanks in advance...
muzzi

MIB in Trieste, but Bocconi or MIP Politecnico would be better choices...

MIB in Trieste, but Bocconi or MIP Politecnico would be better choices...
ccgirly

oh well.. i'd just apply to University of Pisa for next year,
anyone have been graduated from there, pls give the comments

Thank You

oh well.. i'd just apply to University of Pisa for next year,
anyone have been graduated from there, pls give the comments

Thank You
cleo

I also agree, the best 2 options are bocconi and MIP. It depends on your budget

I also agree, the best 2 options are bocconi and MIP. It depends on your budget
Aleksey

People did I mention Boccioni or any other institution except those 3 I mentioned above ?

People did I mention Boccioni or any other institution except those 3 I mentioned above ?
cleo

?

?
darkeve

hey..

which one did you end up goin to? im also choosing between bocconi, pisa and MIP.. the thing is Pisa is perfect for my budget.. but still would it be good enough to find a job?

hey..

which one did you end up goin to? im also choosing between bocconi, pisa and MIP.. the thing is Pisa is perfect for my budget.. but still would it be good enough to find a job?
andrzej

Bocconi is supposed to be the only decent MBA program in Italy(although this is also controversial - search forum for more infos). it is ranked by the major ranking bodies, so it would probably open up some job prospects.... i know it is easier said then done, but you should consider paying a little more, to open better opportunities later. i know, MBA is always extremely expensive, but hey, you are only going to do it once, so it better bring something!

Bocconi is supposed to be the only decent MBA program in Italy(although this is also controversial - search forum for more infos). it is ranked by the major ranking bodies, so it would probably open up some job prospects.... i know it is easier said then done, but you should consider paying a little more, to open better opportunities later. i know, MBA is always extremely expensive, but hey, you are only going to do it once, so it better bring something!
cleo.anna

Hello, I don't think that if an MBA is more expensive it means high quality...MIP for example is growing a lot, it has just been ranked in European FT ranking and they have a less number of candiates rather than other MBAs with hundreds of student to place after the program. i have a friend who's studying there now and he's really satisfied of the school improvements

Hello, I don't think that if an MBA is more expensive it means high quality...MIP for example is growing a lot, it has just been ranked in European FT ranking and they have a less number of candiates rather than other MBAs with hundreds of student to place after the program. i have a friend who's studying there now and he's really satisfied of the school improvements
darkeve

Thanks alot anderzej and cleo.anna for your feedback. I'm already writing to both MIP and Bocconi to inquire more about accreditations and scholarships.

Thanks a million guys!!

Thanks alot anderzej and cleo.anna for your feedback. I'm already writing to both MIP and Bocconi to inquire more about accreditations and scholarships.

Thanks a million guys!!
vj06

hi guys .... I hv been selected for mba in univ of pisa ... let me know is it worth of joining there, is italy the right destination for mba graduates, job prospectus and the avg monthly expense in pisa, chances for part time jobs.... looking forward for ur comments

hi guys .... I hv been selected for mba in univ of pisa ... let me know is it worth of joining there, is italy the right destination for mba graduates, job prospectus and the avg monthly expense in pisa, chances for part time jobs.... looking forward for ur comments
andrzej

i didn't mean that more money equals better school, it is just that it is usually the case with MBA - the better the ranking and accreditation the school has, the more expensive it is!
i just wanted to warn him from enrolling into a program just because he can afford it. one can find good, ranked and accredited schools out there, that are affordable two(but never really cheap....)

<blockquote>Hello, I don't think that if an MBA is more expensive it means high quality...MIP for example is growing a lot, it has just been ranked in European FT ranking and they have a less number of candiates rather than other MBAs with hundreds of student to place after the program. i have a friend who's studying there now and he's really satisfied of the school improvements </blockquote>

i didn't mean that more money equals better school, it is just that it is usually the case with MBA - the better the ranking and accreditation the school has, the more expensive it is!
i just wanted to warn him from enrolling into a program just because he can afford it. one can find good, ranked and accredited schools out there, that are affordable two(but never really cheap....)
Duncan

I Just saw a pretty big claim on a LinkedIn advert:
"94% Employed in 6 months - Allianz, Generali, KPMG, E&Y, Marsh recruit our students.Scholarships 70% From: MIB School of Management"

The link points to:
http://landing.mib.edu/en/master-insurance-risk-management-web-live/

I Just saw a pretty big claim on a LinkedIn advert:
"94% Employed in 6 months - Allianz, Generali, KPMG, E&Y, Marsh recruit our students.Scholarships 70% From: MIB School of Management"

The link points to:
http://landing.mib.edu/en/master-insurance-risk-management-web-live/
maubia

http://www.cuoa.it/myfactory31/CustomUpload/374O357O340O370O356O369O350O354O372O366O352O/Espansione_giugno_2011.pdf

It's in italian but it gives a general picture... I find very strange that MIB is so low (I checked even other italian rankings and they seem don't consider at all MIB)
Their placement record is very good and, when I asked them about career switch, they replied that it's possible and normally engineers switch to finance(they have a strong link with insurance industry). Even student avg age is quite high (30... higher than SDA, MIP, ecc) and it's raising year after year.
It's based in Trieste and this has different advantages:
1)very close to Germany, Austria, Slovenia and this can open good opportunities..especially if you know german
2) living costs are not so high so I suppose it's a good value for money
3) Generali, Alleanza, Illy are based here and seem very connected to the school

...about Pisa: the Univerità "Normale" is the italian most famous university for Math: I don't know how they perform with their MBA.. by the way Tuscany is in the middle between Milan and Rome.. I think they lack some visibilty

http://www.cuoa.it/myfactory31/CustomUpload/374O357O340O370O356O369O350O354O372O366O352O/Espansione_giugno_2011.pdf

It's in italian but it gives a general picture... I find very strange that MIB is so low (I checked even other italian rankings and they seem don't consider at all MIB)
Their placement record is very good and, when I asked them about career switch, they replied that it's possible and normally engineers switch to finance(they have a strong link with insurance industry). Even student avg age is quite high (30... higher than SDA, MIP, ecc) and it's raising year after year.
It's based in Trieste and this has different advantages:
1)very close to Germany, Austria, Slovenia and this can open good opportunities..especially if you know german
2) living costs are not so high so I suppose it's a good value for money
3) Generali, Alleanza, Illy are based here and seem very connected to the school

...about Pisa: the Univerità "Normale" is the italian most famous university for Math: I don't know how they perform with their MBA.. by the way Tuscany is in the middle between Milan and Rome.. I think they lack some visibilty

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Milan, Italy 70 Followers 211 Discussions
Milan, Italy 22 Followers 82 Discussions
Trieste, Italy 32 Followers 34 Discussions
Altavilla Vicentina (VI), Italy 4 Followers 4 Discussions
Bologna, Italy 39 Followers 26 Discussions
Pisa, Italy 44 Followers 19 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023