Technology - France and Spain

Finlay

Could anybody help me out with Technology Management MBAs in France or Spain? I\'m most interested in energy and power systems. When I searched for schools, none of them seemed familiar.

Could anybody help me out with Technology Management MBAs in France or Spain? I\'m most interested in energy and power systems. When I searched for schools, none of them seemed familiar.
ralph

ESADE, maybe? I don't think it has a concentration in technology, but it's starting to be a hot bed for tech and entrepreneurship (ESADE Creapolis is a technology park that they developed to foster innovation.) Plus, from what I hear the school offers some really interesting seminars in information technology.

ESADE, maybe? I don't think it has a concentration in technology, but it's starting to be a hot bed for tech and entrepreneurship (ESADE Creapolis is a technology park that they developed to foster innovation.) Plus, from what I hear the school offers some really interesting seminars in information technology.
Finlay

Thanks Ralph. I'll look into ESADE. I also have a background in IT, so this might be a good fit. Their ranking is also pretty top rate.

Thanks Ralph. I'll look into ESADE. I also have a background in IT, so this might be a good fit. Their ranking is also pretty top rate.
Duncan

UPC runs an Executive MBI (Master in Business Innovation) while ESADE has an Innovation and Entrepreneurship (M.Sc.). They could be alternative to an MBA. There are not many MBAs with formal concentrations in technology here in Europe, but one in Madrid is in "digital environments ": http://www.eoi.es/portal/en/mba-full-time-madrid-programme-content

UPC runs an Executive MBI (Master in Business Innovation) while ESADE has an Innovation and Entrepreneurship (M.Sc.). They could be alternative to an MBA. There are not many MBAs with formal concentrations in technology here in Europe, but one in Madrid is in "digital environments ": http://www.eoi.es/portal/en/mba-full-time-madrid-programme-content

Hi,

Nice is currenlty becoming a technology hub, the French equivalent of Silicon Valley.

Were you aware of that?

Why, instead, not pursuing an MBA outside Europe, like in Singapore or Beijing, and then go back to Europe to work with a more international perspective?

Katherine Watson

Hi,

Nice is currenlty becoming a technology hub, the French equivalent of Silicon Valley.

Were you aware of that?

Why, instead, not pursuing an MBA outside Europe, like in Singapore or Beijing, and then go back to Europe to work with a more international perspective?

Katherine Watson
Sevay86

So Nice is becoming the next "La Vallée du Silicium"? Does EDHEC fit into the picture somehow?

So Nice is becoming the next "La Vallée du Silicium"? Does EDHEC fit into the picture somehow?
Duncan

EDHEC bought Theseus, a high-tech MBA school which was spun out of France Telecom's research campus there. However, the high quality of life means that people ake a big discount to stay in that region. You'd better learn French too and prepare for fierce competition. I am not sure that high tec is really growing there: it's been a major element for 30 years...

Asia is a much better idea.

EDHEC bought Theseus, a high-tech MBA school which was spun out of France Telecom's research campus there. However, the high quality of life means that people ake a big discount to stay in that region. You'd better learn French too and prepare for fierce competition. I am not sure that high tec is really growing there: it's been a major element for 30 years...

Asia is a much better idea.
Finlay

Thanks for your feedback about Nice. I do speak French, so that's a bonus. I'm not so interested in Asia, to be honest, but I do understand the drive to go their due to the market. So I suppose what you're saying is that companies based in Nice are likely to recruit graduate of EDHEC? But they might be more willing to hire French nationals, or...?

Thanks for your feedback about Nice. I do speak French, so that's a bonus. I'm not so interested in Asia, to be honest, but I do understand the drive to go their due to the market. So I suppose what you're saying is that companies based in Nice are likely to recruit graduate of EDHEC? But they might be more willing to hire French nationals, or...?
Duncan

I suppose what I am saying is that you don't need to have a lot of jobs in Nice (or Barcelona) for MBA students to want to go somewhere beautiful. There are not many MBA jobs in French high-tech. There are jobs for engineers and IT geeks, and certainly the French -speakers are preferred.. And I don't think Nice is a promising place to study or to work: too many distractions and not enough job chances.

But, if you;re going to have a year of MBA hell, who not do it in heaven ;-)

I suppose what I am saying is that you don't need to have a lot of jobs in Nice (or Barcelona) for MBA students to want to go somewhere beautiful. There are not many MBA jobs in French high-tech. There are jobs for engineers and IT geeks, and certainly the French -speakers are preferred.. And I don't think Nice is a promising place to study or to work: too many distractions and not enough job chances.

But, if you;re going to have a year of MBA hell, who not do it in heaven ;-)
Finlay

I like your post. It's true... and something to think about. As I mentioned, I come from an IT background and I do have French skills, but I'm not opposed to working hard in a beautiful place.

I like your post. It's true... and something to think about. As I mentioned, I come from an IT background and I do have French skills, but I'm not opposed to working hard in a beautiful place.
maubia

Hi,
I ve Just contacted them; i also have an it background and speak some french.
They have said to be very interested in my profile... Cost is not so high(and good discount based on gmat).
They also say that living costs Are around 800-1000e(1 bedroom room).
it doesn t seem a bad option (school opened Offices in london Singapore New york... They have included a workshop abroad(included in fee), lasts 10 months, ecc

Hi,
I ve Just contacted them; i also have an it background and speak some french.
They have said to be very interested in my profile... Cost is not so high(and good discount based on gmat).
They also say that living costs Are around 800-1000e(1 bedroom room).
it doesn t seem a bad option (school opened Offices in london Singapore New york... They have included a workshop abroad(included in fee), lasts 10 months, ecc
wbsat

are you talking about EDHEC? i am applying as well.

indian students usually share apt or make home made food to reduce expenses.

sharing with one person may reduce rent to 400 euros

maubia

yes, I was referring to Edhec; they told to be very interested in my profile.
About costs ... I ve to move with my common-law wife so I already have someone to share :-)

I must admit that I like french schools (Nice, Nantes, Grenoble) and since I know some french(let's say intermediate level) it might be a good destination for me
Besides, if I wouldn't know french,I would stay far. I know them (having worked in Nantes for a while) and speaking a bad french can help more than speaking a perfect english :-)

<blockquote>are you talking about EDHEC? i am applying as well.

sharing with one person may reduce rent to 400 euros </blockquote>
yes, I was referring to Edhec; they told to be very interested in my profile.
About costs ... I ve to move with my common-law wife so I already have someone to share :-)

I must admit that I like french schools (Nice, Nantes, Grenoble) and since I know some french(let's say intermediate level) it might be a good destination for me
Besides, if I wouldn't know french,I would stay far. I know them (having worked in Nantes for a while) and speaking a bad french can help more than speaking a perfect english :-)

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Full Profile
Nice, France 30 Followers 152 Discussions
Barcelona, Spain 49 Followers 245 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 6 Followers 134 Discussions
Lima, Peru 2 Followers 1 Discussion

Other Related Content

Iberian Dreams: MBA Programs in Spain

Article Dec 04, 2014

Leveraging entrepreneurship, Spanish business schools stay strong in the wake of the financial crisis