SDA Bocconi

che

I see a lot of advertisement by Bocconi in The Economist and other places. I have not heard or read about the school so far and was wondering about their status and rep. Cheers, C

I see a lot of advertisement by Bocconi in The Economist and other places. I have not heard or read about the school so far and was wondering about their status and rep. Cheers, C
Mendez66

It is accredited by Equis and Association of MBAs, which says something about its quality. about its reputation I can't really say because I don't really know. it is not yet a household name in my parts, but there are not too many European programs (but some) that have really become household names in the states yet.

It is accredited by Equis and Association of MBAs, which says something about its quality. about its reputation I can't really say because I don't really know. it is not yet a household name in my parts, but there are not too many European programs (but some) that have really become household names in the states yet.
che

Thanks, well the ads say "You may not know all the 22,000 Bocconis worldwide but you will certainly know the companies they work for..", ok someone is trying to make a point. Anyways, at least they seem to have enough funds for a big marketing campaign.

Thanks, well the ads say "You may not know all the 22,000 Bocconis worldwide but you will certainly know the companies they work for..", ok someone is trying to make a point. Anyways, at least they seem to have enough funds for a big marketing campaign.
terra

Here in Italy, the school has a good reputation. I dont how employers abroad think about it though..

Here in Italy, the school has a good reputation. I dont how employers abroad think about it though..
nazli

One of my friends goes there and he told me that Bocconi does not really get much attention from employers outside of Italy. Even though my friend has very good grades, he has been turned down by several invewstment banks in London without even being offered an interview. Something you might want to think about while applying....

One of my friends goes there and he told me that Bocconi does not really get much attention from employers outside of Italy. Even though my friend has very good grades, he has been turned down by several invewstment banks in London without even being offered an interview. Something you might want to think about while applying....
che

Thanks for your view nazli, this is what I suspected a little bit. I guess it has a good reputation in Italy but maybe not so much abroad then. Has your friend found a job after all?

Thanks for your view nazli, this is what I suspected a little bit. I guess it has a good reputation in Italy but maybe not so much abroad then. Has your friend found a job after all?
cleo.anna

As far as I know the first in Italy for company network (according to Espansione Magazine) is MIP Politecnico di Milano. Bocconi is well-known more as a brand name.

As far as I know the first in Italy for company network (according to Espansione Magazine) is MIP Politecnico di Milano. Bocconi is well-known more as a brand name.
gino

Reading the above post it sounds as if Bocconi is the most known Italian BS internationally (for the rankings' position), but surprisingly their MBA would not open doors to good jobs.
Anna, maybe what you say about MIP Politecnico di Milano in terms company network, is more valid as an internal Italian perspective, but for for the Italian market?

Reading the above post it sounds as if Bocconi is the most known Italian BS internationally (for the rankings' position), but surprisingly their MBA would not open doors to good jobs.
Anna, maybe what you say about MIP Politecnico di Milano in terms company network, is more valid as an internal Italian perspective, but for for the Italian market?

How is the International Management Masters program there?? What all companies do people get placed into? Is it mostly Italy based?? Wht are the job prospects and whats the kind of salary offered?? How is its reputation abroad??

How is the International Management Masters program there?? What all companies do people get placed into? Is it mostly Italy based?? Wht are the job prospects and whats the kind of salary offered?? How is its reputation abroad??

Hi ,

I wanted to apply for MSc Finance at Bocconi University for a.y. 2008 and wante to know about the prospects and the reputation of the course in Italy and Europe? Any ppointers from anyone will be helpful...

Hi ,

I wanted to apply for MSc Finance at Bocconi University for a.y. 2008 and wante to know about the prospects and the reputation of the course in Italy and Europe? Any ppointers from anyone will be helpful...
Irena

Dear prateek,
Bocconi's MBA has a very good reputation internationally, good accreditations, you find it in the international rankings etc. It is not so difficult to establish how good it is, Bocconi is a brand when it comes to MBA.
But since you are asking about the Msc Finance, I could not tell you how to measure it, and you won't easily find this specific info. After all, there are so many Universities where you can do a Msc in Finance... alot more than MBA. It's really difficult to keep track.
So all I can say is that Bocconi is one of the top tier schools in Europe... not more, sorry!

Dear prateek,
Bocconi's MBA has a very good reputation internationally, good accreditations, you find it in the international rankings etc. It is not so difficult to establish how good it is, Bocconi is a brand when it comes to MBA.
But since you are asking about the Msc Finance, I could not tell you how to measure it, and you won't easily find this specific info. After all, there are so many Universities where you can do a Msc in Finance... alot more than MBA. It's really difficult to keep track.
So all I can say is that Bocconi is one of the top tier schools in Europe... not more, sorry!

Dear Irena,
Thanks for the reply...well do u know anyone who is pursuing this course at Bocconi?? also can u tell me the living costs at Bocconi ??? or mail me at [email protected]

Dear Irena,
Thanks for the reply...well do u know anyone who is pursuing this course at Bocconi?? also can u tell me the living costs at Bocconi ??? or mail me at [email protected]
Irena

Well Prateek, as I say in my mail above, I can't tell you more. If I knew someone doing this course, I would of course have told you.
Sorry!

Well Prateek, as I say in my mail above, I can't tell you more. If I knew someone doing this course, I would of course have told you.
Sorry!
jona

Hi Prateek,
here you find some info about living costs in Europe:
http://www.citymayors.com/economics/expensive_cities2.html

In the general section of the discussion board, living costs in Europe have been an issue quite a few times, check it out http://www.find-mba.com/board/general

hope that helps

Hi Prateek,
here you find some info about living costs in Europe:
http://www.citymayors.com/economics/expensive_cities2.html

In the general section of the discussion board, living costs in Europe have been an issue quite a few times, check it out http://www.find-mba.com/board/general

hope that helps
sam a q

Hi
It seems I was about to do a mistake by starting my MBA in Italy as I will continue afterwards in my country & from what you say Italy don?t really have good MBA schools...I will start in 2008 HELP PLS..

Hi
It seems I was about to do a mistake by starting my MBA in Italy as I will continue afterwards in my country & from what you say Italy don?t really have good MBA schools...I will start in 2008 HELP PLS..

jona

I wouldn't put it that way Sam. Bocconi IS a good school, there is nothing to say about that. What the above posts refer to is that maybe Bocconi receives less interest from international employers than other b schools of the same category.

Even if emplyment prospects are maybe less good than elsewhere, I would count Bocconi among the top level European schools.

I wouldn't put it that way Sam. Bocconi IS a good school, there is nothing to say about that. What the above posts refer to is that maybe Bocconi receives less interest from international employers than other b schools of the same category.

Even if emplyment prospects are maybe less good than elsewhere, I would count Bocconi among the top level European schools.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Milan, Italy 70 Followers 211 Discussions
Milan, Italy 22 Followers 82 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023