rouen vs RMS IMBA

ramyb

hello, i am a non-eu citizen, planning to move to paris to continue my higher education.

i have a bachelor degree from le cnam (paris) and 4 years of experience in the human resources filed.

my objectives is to push forward my career and work in an international environment.

so after having my MBA, i plan to work in france (i know french) in the HR.

but after the crisis, i am re-thinking my decision. it's a big decision to take (leave work and invest in a business school and after completion don't find a job)

what is your advice for me ? and does rouen or reimes offer me the international accreditation as well as the international network ?

hello, i am a non-eu citizen, planning to move to paris to continue my higher education.

i have a bachelor degree from le cnam (paris) and 4 years of experience in the human resources filed.

my objectives is to push forward my career and work in an international environment.

so after having my MBA, i plan to work in france (i know french) in the HR.

but after the crisis, i am re-thinking my decision. it's a big decision to take (leave work and invest in a business school and after completion don't find a job)

what is your advice for me ? and does rouen or reimes offer me the international accreditation as well as the international network ?
Duncan

You will know as well as I how centralised France is: you should consider Paris and, if not, the top grandes ecoles outside. If you want to work in HR why not take a course in HR? http://www.meilleurs-masters.com/master-gestion-des-ressources-humaines.html

You will know as well as I how centralised France is: you should consider Paris and, if not, the top grandes ecoles outside. If you want to work in HR why not take a course in HR? http://www.meilleurs-masters.com/master-gestion-des-ressources-humaines.html
ramyb

thanks Duncan,

why mba ? based on your numerous posts about MBA, (working hard, having good GMAT and investing a little more) will make a huge difference in my career path.

so i guess that having an MBA from a well recognized B-School will give a higher chances in finding a job in france, in europe, or even in the middle east (i am lebanese).

why RMS or Rouen ? i've been accepted in HEC for september 2013, but i declined the invitation, mainly of financial problems (it costs approx 50000 euros + living expenses) so i searched for a well recognized colleges with an affordable tuition (RMS : 25000 euros, and rouen 23000 euros) and they are both accredited by the three most prestigious accreditations.

why outside paris ? as a previously mentioned, living cost are a problem for me, because i am quitting my job and moving to another continent. so the expenses outside paris is lower.

plus i guess that RMS or Rouen (IF BEING ACCEPTED) would be a great value on my CV, and will definitely help me in my post-mba job search in france (since they are between the top 10 schools)

please correct me if i am wrong, and if yes, what is the best way to deal with this.

thanks again

thanks Duncan,

why mba ? based on your numerous posts about MBA, (working hard, having good GMAT and investing a little more) will make a huge difference in my career path.

so i guess that having an MBA from a well recognized B-School will give a higher chances in finding a job in france, in europe, or even in the middle east (i am lebanese).

why RMS or Rouen ? i've been accepted in HEC for september 2013, but i declined the invitation, mainly of financial problems (it costs approx 50000 euros + living expenses) so i searched for a well recognized colleges with an affordable tuition (RMS : 25000 euros, and rouen 23000 euros) and they are both accredited by the three most prestigious accreditations.

why outside paris ? as a previously mentioned, living cost are a problem for me, because i am quitting my job and moving to another continent. so the expenses outside paris is lower.

plus i guess that RMS or Rouen (IF BEING ACCEPTED) would be a great value on my CV, and will definitely help me in my post-mba job search in france (since they are between the top 10 schools)

please correct me if i am wrong, and if yes, what is the best way to deal with this.

thanks again
ralph

My feeling is that since these two schools are about to merge, they would offer a relatively similar value over the long-term.

HEC Paris would be a much better value if you intend on trying to work in France after you graduate. Having French is an asset, but your network will be much better and you'll be able to land higher-paying jobs, in general, with HEC.

Have you considered EMLyon? It seems like a good middle-ground choice: less costly than HEC, but still ranked in the FT. Plus, it's not on-course for a potentially chaotic merger with another school.

My feeling is that since these two schools are about to merge, they would offer a relatively similar value over the long-term.

HEC Paris would be a much better value if you intend on trying to work in France after you graduate. Having French is an asset, but your network will be much better and you'll be able to land higher-paying jobs, in general, with HEC.

Have you considered EMLyon? It seems like a good middle-ground choice: less costly than HEC, but still ranked in the FT. Plus, it's not on-course for a potentially chaotic merger with another school.
ramyb

thanks ralph for the reply, HEC is definitely the perfect school to have an MBA, but it's so expensive and i can't afford it.

i am looking for average schools with the international accreditation, so if i couldn't find a post graduation job offer in france, i could have a chance elsewhere (in europe or even middleeast (dubai, qatar...) (i know arabic).

what do you think of Audencia's MBA program ? i knew that it's classed between the top 10 french business schools and has the triple accreditation.

thanks ralph for the reply, HEC is definitely the perfect school to have an MBA, but it's so expensive and i can't afford it.

i am looking for average schools with the international accreditation, so if i couldn't find a post graduation job offer in france, i could have a chance elsewhere (in europe or even middleeast (dubai, qatar...) (i know arabic).

what do you think of Audencia's MBA program ? i knew that it's classed between the top 10 french business schools and has the triple accreditation.
Inactive User

i am looking for average schools with the international accreditation, so if i couldn't find a post graduation job offer in france, i could have a chance elsewhere (in europe or even middleeast (dubai, qatar...) (i know arabic)

Then I would advise to look for schools with alumni networks in those areas.

Audencia is interesting. For some reason they re-formulated their MBA program recently, and now it's geared towards sustainability. So if that or CSR is your thing, it's probably a good choice. However, the redesign is still fairly new so it's hard to say what the investment will be like.

<blockquote>i am looking for average schools with the international accreditation, so if i couldn't find a post graduation job offer in france, i could have a chance elsewhere (in europe or even middleeast (dubai, qatar...) (i know arabic)</blockquote>
Then I would advise to look for schools with alumni networks in those areas.

Audencia is interesting. For some reason they re-formulated their MBA program recently, and now it's geared towards sustainability. So if that or CSR is your thing, it's probably a good choice. However, the redesign is still fairly new so it's hard to say what the investment will be like.
ramyb

sorry to disturb you, but what do you think about Audencia's IMM ? it's ranked 25 by the FT....

i can't find it on the list you mentioned above...

thanks

<blockquote>You will know as well as I how centralised France is: you should consider Paris and, if not, the top grandes ecoles outside. If you want to work in HR why not take a course in HR? http://www.meilleurs-masters.com/master-gestion-des-ressources-humaines.html </blockquote>

sorry to disturb you, but what do you think about Audencia's IMM ? it's ranked 25 by the FT....

i can't find it on the list you mentioned above...

thanks
Duncan

This list above is a link of french-language masters in HRM. Of course that Audencia programme will not be there, since it is not one.

The Audencia programme is fine for people who want to return to their own countries. If you want to work in France, then study in French.

This list above is a link of french-language masters in HRM. Of course that Audencia programme will not be there, since it is not one.

The Audencia programme is fine for people who want to return to their own countries. If you want to work in France, then study in French.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Full Profile
Jouy-en-Josas, France 100 Followers 387 Discussions
Reims, France 7 Followers 5 Discussions
Nantes, France 11 Followers 51 Discussions
Mont Saint Aignan, France 8 Followers 9 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023

MBA Programs in France: Of Baguettes and Business School

Article Oct 03, 2011

Why the world's fifth-largest economy is drawing more international MBA candidates.