Question about Post Graduate Work Experience

m4doyle

Hello,

I am about to graduate from Michigan State University in December with a degree in Advertising. It is my impression that most MBA programs require at least 2-3 years of post graduate work experience. How strict is this? The reason I ask is because I already have 8+ years of professional experience. I ran my own IT consulting company at the age of 14 and have done 4 very intense internships in sectors ranging from digital marketing and operations, to business and entrepreneurial development. Anyone have any experience with this?

Specifically I am looking to do an MBA in spain

Hello,

I am about to graduate from Michigan State University in December with a degree in Advertising. It is my impression that most MBA programs require at least 2-3 years of post graduate work experience. How strict is this? The reason I ask is because I already have 8+ years of professional experience. I ran my own IT consulting company at the age of 14 and have done 4 very intense internships in sectors ranging from digital marketing and operations, to business and entrepreneurial development. Anyone have any experience with this?

Specifically I am looking to do an MBA in spain
Evan2007

You sound pretty driven, so I assume you're aiming for one of the top Spanish programs like IESE, IE, or ESADE. Some schools tend to be more flexible with their work experience requirements. Others are rigid and won't take anyone with less than 2-3 years no matter what. I'd call 'em and ask what's up before paying the application fee.

Some schools will consider people straight outta undergrad, but you have to be exceptional. Perhaps your work experience will come into play. If your consulting was for more than one client (and not for your parents, for example), then maybe you'll get a serious look. The internships, too.

You sound pretty driven, so I assume you're aiming for one of the top Spanish programs like IESE, IE, or ESADE. Some schools tend to be more flexible with their work experience requirements. Others are rigid and won't take anyone with less than 2-3 years no matter what. I'd call 'em and ask what's up before paying the application fee.

Some schools will consider people straight outta undergrad, but you have to be exceptional. Perhaps your work experience will come into play. If your consulting was for more than one client (and not for your parents, for example), then maybe you'll get a serious look. The internships, too.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Madrid, Spain 3 Followers 107 Discussions
Barcelona, Spain 29 Followers 169 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 114 Followers 368 Discussions
Barcelona, Spain 49 Followers 245 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 6 Followers 134 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023

Hot Discussions