please help

mrbaaks

hello guys,
i am looking to do my mba at france ( as u know from other discussions) and i noticed after seeing the link sent by Mr.Ducan for the masters in france at lepoint.fr something that made me think.
First i was attracted by the ISC Mba in international business and project management prgoram coz it contained 6 intensive months of studying than 6 months of intership and my main goal is to work in france so i guess it's my best shot to prove myself to the employer and get hired through my intership.
Second, for the accreditation unis it is only for international recognition no? and by that i mean that ISC may have a good reputation in france but not outside france
Third i noticed also by reading the article that only the top 5 are so well payed as for let's say grenoble which is ranked 6th and ISC 26th it is the same "Tranches de salaires" so what's the point if you are not targeting the top 5 unis.
And not to forget the tuition fees are much much cheaper and it seems that is has the same results or even because of the internship you better chances than any other first because you in paris in the center of the city and the second you already proving yourself in an internship
So please guys if am thinking very wrong please enlighten me and help me out in this issue
waiting for your replies
big thanks to all

hello guys,
i am looking to do my mba at france ( as u know from other discussions) and i noticed after seeing the link sent by Mr.Ducan for the masters in france at lepoint.fr something that made me think.
First i was attracted by the ISC Mba in international business and project management prgoram coz it contained 6 intensive months of studying than 6 months of intership and my main goal is to work in france so i guess it's my best shot to prove myself to the employer and get hired through my intership.
Second, for the accreditation unis it is only for international recognition no? and by that i mean that ISC may have a good reputation in france but not outside france
Third i noticed also by reading the article that only the top 5 are so well payed as for let's say grenoble which is ranked 6th and ISC 26th it is the same "Tranches de salaires" so what's the point if you are not targeting the top 5 unis.
And not to forget the tuition fees are much much cheaper and it seems that is has the same results or even because of the internship you better chances than any other first because you in paris in the center of the city and the second you already proving yourself in an internship
So please guys if am thinking very wrong please enlighten me and help me out in this issue
waiting for your replies
big thanks to all
Duncan

Accreditation is important. The top French schools all have it. While it's theoretically possible that a good school might not apply for accreditation, that would be a bad choice that would act against its rational interests unless it had a brand so strong that accreditation added nothing. Specifically with ISC, it's clearly not the case that the school has much of a reputation in France. You can see that from the French rankings.

On salaries, I don't think it's wise to only look at salaries from the Grande Ecole MSc programmes if you are looking at MBA programmes. The MBAs recruit different students and produce different average salaries.

However, if you were comparing the MSc programmes then consider the data from http://www.lepoint.fr/palmares/grandes-ecoles/grade-de-masters.php ICN is in the third rank for salaries, and in the second rank you'd earn 10% more. The MSc at Kedge, for example, is 500 euro more a year than ISN (See http://www.kedgebs.com/en/programmes/international-msc-programme and http://international.iscparis.com/international-programs/degree-seeking/ ) and the difference, at 10%, is an extra four years' salary (assuming 40 years in work for their graduates). Lower fees are a false economy.

PS Being in the centre of Paris is less important than being at a good school: Look at the top schools for salary: HEC, ESSEC, EDHEC, EM Lyon... out of eight top schools, only ESCP is in the middle of Paris.

Accreditation is important. The top French schools all have it. While it's theoretically possible that a good school might not apply for accreditation, that would be a bad choice that would act against its rational interests unless it had a brand so strong that accreditation added nothing. Specifically with ISC, it's clearly not the case that the school has much of a reputation in France. You can see that from the French rankings.

On salaries, I don't think it's wise to only look at salaries from the Grande Ecole MSc programmes if you are looking at MBA programmes. The MBAs recruit different students and produce different average salaries.

However, if you were comparing the MSc programmes then consider the data from http://www.lepoint.fr/palmares/grandes-ecoles/grade-de-masters.php ICN is in the third rank for salaries, and in the second rank you'd earn 10% more. The MSc at Kedge, for example, is 500 euro more a year than ISN (See http://www.kedgebs.com/en/programmes/international-msc-programme and http://international.iscparis.com/international-programs/degree-seeking/ ) and the difference, at 10%, is an extra four years' salary (assuming 40 years in work for their graduates). Lower fees are a false economy.

PS Being in the centre of Paris is less important than being at a good school: Look at the top schools for salary: HEC, ESSEC, EDHEC, EM Lyon... out of eight top schools, only ESCP is in the middle of Paris.
mrbaaks

really appreciate your reply Mr. Duncan you are very helpful,

is there any website or any information that helps to know the criteria of the mba students? i saw financial times global mba top 100 but still if someone can not make it to the top schools money wise let's say he should only refer to the accredited unis? because it is recognized initernationnally?

As for the paris the center of the city i mean for the networking stuff u can meet a lot whole of people and maybe they can be an added value for the career
Not to mention the top schools do not need or even think this way.i am trying to think outside the box in case i am going to settl down let's say and do my mba at CNAM or Universidad de Carlos 3.

By the way i am targeting for EDHEC's mba and EADA's also but i guess because of the gmat think i kind of have low chances of acceptance. Going to do my exam next month but kind of having some difficulties.And also going to apply for the scholarships as well.

But still i guess if it's not going to work out for me i am going to go for CNAM.

really appreciate your reply Mr. Duncan you are very helpful,

is there any website or any information that helps to know the criteria of the mba students? i saw financial times global mba top 100 but still if someone can not make it to the top schools money wise let's say he should only refer to the accredited unis? because it is recognized initernationnally?

As for the paris the center of the city i mean for the networking stuff u can meet a lot whole of people and maybe they can be an added value for the career
Not to mention the top schools do not need or even think this way.i am trying to think outside the box in case i am going to settl down let's say and do my mba at CNAM or Universidad de Carlos 3.

By the way i am targeting for EDHEC's mba and EADA's also but i guess because of the gmat think i kind of have low chances of acceptance. Going to do my exam next month but kind of having some difficulties.And also going to apply for the scholarships as well.

But still i guess if it's not going to work out for me i am going to go for CNAM.
Duncan

There are lots of websites, and lots of good articles on this site. I suggest you start with the articles mentioned on my profile page.

Get into the best school you can. The return on investment is huge. And even a small difference between schools grows over a lifetime to be large. Look at real outcomes: for example, it's great to be in the centre of a city but it's not the only factor. There are several MBAs programmes that are in the real centre of London, inside the "Circle Line", but the best ones are all outside it. But the rankings, salaries and accreditation show that it's better to go to a good school outside the core, like LBS, Cass, Oxford or Cambridge.

There are lots of websites, and lots of good articles on this site. I suggest you start with the articles mentioned on my profile page.

Get into the best school you can. The return on investment is huge. And even a small difference between schools grows over a lifetime to be large. Look at real outcomes: for example, it's great to be in the centre of a city but it's not the only factor. There are several MBAs programmes that are in the real centre of London, inside the "Circle Line", but the best ones are all outside it. But the rankings, salaries and accreditation show that it's better to go to a good school outside the core, like LBS, Cass, Oxford or Cambridge.

mrbaaks

thank you very much Mr.Duncan,
You helped me a lot and made me think the right way
i am goin to to do some researches like you said and do my best,
Best Regards

thank you very much Mr.Duncan,
You helped me a lot and made me think the right way
i am goin to to do some researches like you said and do my best,
Best Regards
Duncan

Direct message me if you want to go to edhec. I am an alum and can recommend you for an automatic 10% scholarship.

Direct message me if you want to go to edhec. I am an alum and can recommend you for an automatic 10% scholarship.
mrbaaks

ok great Mr Duncan thanks a lot for your help,

May i ask please about Rouen business school that is ranked number 9 in Le point and number 7 in Challenges magazine is the same as Neoma Business School centred in paris and triple accredited ?? because the website of Rouen BS is related directly to Neoma's website
And by the way do you think it is a good choice to make to try to get admitted to Neoma taking into consideration to work in Europe after graduation??

ok great Mr Duncan thanks a lot for your help,

May i ask please about Rouen business school that is ranked number 9 in Le point and number 7 in Challenges magazine is the same as Neoma Business School centred in paris and triple accredited ?? because the website of Rouen BS is related directly to Neoma's website
And by the way do you think it is a good choice to make to try to get admitted to Neoma taking into consideration to work in Europe after graduation??
mrbaaks

and what do you think also for the Vlerick business school in belgium? for the same goals to stay there..

and what do you think also for the Vlerick business school in belgium? for the same goals to stay there..
Duncan

Do you have specific questions? Do you speak French and Dutch?

Do you have specific questions? Do you speak French and Dutch?
mrbaaks

yes i do speak french,
as for mba at Neoma business school do you think it is a well acrredited uni with a good reputation in france for post-grad studies?

yes i do speak french,
as for mba at Neoma business school do you think it is a well acrredited uni with a good reputation in france for post-grad studies?
mrbaaks

post-grad work i mean..

post-grad work i mean..
Duncan

Assuming that you don't speak Dutch, then I don't see a reason to go to Vlerick if you do speak French.

Neoma is a strong school and its two components in Reims and Rouen are excellent. The full-time MBA might have a difficult time. If you look at the testimonials (http://www.executive-neoma-bs.fr/mba/mba-full-time) you'll see that none of them are from people who have found work in France. It's also the only foreign-language programme programme in the school's small Paris location. The centre of Paris has been filled with several small, struggling MBAs like SciencesPo, ENCP (which merged into the Brussels MBA) and ESCP (which closed its full-time MBA). I am not sure there's a big demand for graduates of English-language programmes inside the periferique. Of course there's always a big supply of students who want to come to the most visited city in the world....

PS If you want to work in France, I'd really look at stronger schools with a strong placement record in the sector you are targetting Try How to use LinkedIn to find the best school www.find-mba.com/board/33571

Assuming that you don't speak Dutch, then I don't see a reason to go to Vlerick if you do speak French.

Neoma is a strong school and its two components in Reims and Rouen are excellent. The full-time MBA might have a difficult time. If you look at the testimonials (http://www.executive-neoma-bs.fr/mba/mba-full-time) you'll see that none of them are from people who have found work in France. It's also the only foreign-language programme programme in the school's small Paris location. The centre of Paris has been filled with several small, struggling MBAs like SciencesPo, ENCP (which merged into the Brussels MBA) and ESCP (which closed its full-time MBA). I am not sure there's a big demand for graduates of English-language programmes inside the periferique. Of course there's always a big supply of students who want to come to the most visited city in the world....

PS If you want to work in France, I'd really look at stronger schools with a strong placement record in the sector you are targetting Try How to use LinkedIn to find the best school www.find-mba.com/board/33571

mrbaaks

thank you Mr duncan your are a very helfpul person,
well concerning the post-grad work from your comment i totally noticed that none of the alumni is working in France.
as u said i am going to use the linkedIn to make a clearer picture in my mind.
Many many thanks,
Best Regards

thank you Mr duncan your are a very helfpul person,
well concerning the post-grad work from your comment i totally noticed that none of the alumni is working in France.
as u said i am going to use the linkedIn to make a clearer picture in my mind.
Many many thanks,
Best Regards
Duncan

I also suggest looking at Viadeo.

PS Also look at courses in French at better ranked grande ecole, ideally part of the manageurs.com network of 20 or so top schools really respected in France:

Fondé en 2005 par les associations de diplômés de l'Ecole Polytechnique, d'HEC, de Centrale Paris et de l'ENSAE, Manageurs.com regroupe aujourd'hui les associations de diplômés de 24 écoles prestigieuses, en France et dans le monde :

Agro ParisTech
Bocconi (Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi)
Centrale Paris
Ecole des Ponts ParisTech
Ecole Polytechnique (X)
Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
Edhec Business School
EMLyon
ENA
ENS
ENSAE ParisTech
ENSTA ParisTech
ESADE (Club France)
ESCP Europe
ESSEC
Harvard Business School (Club France)
HEC
INSEAD
ISAE (Institut Supérieur de l'Aéronautique et de l'Espace)
LES (club France de la London School of Economics)
Mines ParisTech
SciencesPo
Supélec
Telecom ParisTech

I also suggest looking at Viadeo.

PS Also look at courses in French at better ranked grande ecole, ideally part of the manageurs.com network of 20 or so top schools really respected in France:

Fondé en 2005 par les associations de diplômés de l'Ecole Polytechnique, d'HEC, de Centrale Paris et de l'ENSAE, Manageurs.com regroupe aujourd'hui les associations de diplômés de 24 écoles prestigieuses, en France et dans le monde :

Agro ParisTech
Bocconi (Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi)
Centrale Paris
Ecole des Ponts ParisTech
Ecole Polytechnique (X)
Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
Edhec Business School
EMLyon
ENA
ENS
ENSAE ParisTech
ENSTA ParisTech
ESADE (Club France)
ESCP Europe
ESSEC
Harvard Business School (Club France)
HEC
INSEAD
ISAE (Institut Supérieur de l'Aéronautique et de l'Espace)
LES (club France de la London School of Economics)
Mines ParisTech
SciencesPo
Supélec
Telecom ParisTech
mrbaaks

Big thanks for your help Mr. Duncan

Big thanks for your help Mr. Duncan

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Full Profile
Nice, France 30 Followers 152 Discussions
Full Profile
Jouy-en-Josas, France 100 Followers 387 Discussions
Paris cedex 11, France 10 Followers 83 Discussions
Full Profile
Ecully, France 55 Followers 141 Discussions
Full Profile
Cergy-Pontoise, France 41 Followers 185 Discussions
Nancy, France 3 Followers 9 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023

MBA Programs in France: Of Baguettes and Business School

Article Oct 03, 2011

Why the world's fifth-largest economy is drawing more international MBA candidates.