MBA schools - which one to pick?

MucBos

Hi all,

I am so happy having found this forum and I am hoping to get some feedback on choosing the right MBA program! A little bit of background: I studied Business Administration in the USA and have worked in Boston, MA for the past 3.5 years (intl. procurement). I am interested in getting my masters, particularly my MBA to further my career and got accepted into the following programs:
UC3M - MBA
MBA programs for UNC Wilmington & Universidad de Valencia (both schools are part of the International Business School Alliance (http://www.ibsaworld.net/)
Suffolk University, Boston, MA - MBA

I would like to get some feedback on the above schools. I have applied in the US and Europe as I can live in both continents. I see Spain as a chance to better my Spanish and gain more intl. experience (besides the MBA of course). No hesitation though on staying in the US either. Which one is considered the "best" university out of the selection?
I did some research and couldnt find much reviews on the Business School Alliance. I would be interested in the Logistics option, but havent heard much good (or anything at all) from HS Bremen...
Another factor picking the school above is $$$, I can afford them. Suffolk Uni gave me a scholarship so that's doable too.

Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

Hi all,

I am so happy having found this forum and I am hoping to get some feedback on choosing the right MBA program! A little bit of background: I studied Business Administration in the USA and have worked in Boston, MA for the past 3.5 years (intl. procurement). I am interested in getting my masters, particularly my MBA to further my career and got accepted into the following programs:
UC3M - MBA
MBA programs for UNC Wilmington & Universidad de Valencia (both schools are part of the International Business School Alliance (http://www.ibsaworld.net/)
Suffolk University, Boston, MA - MBA

I would like to get some feedback on the above schools. I have applied in the US and Europe as I can live in both continents. I see Spain as a chance to better my Spanish and gain more intl. experience (besides the MBA of course). No hesitation though on staying in the US either. Which one is considered the "best" university out of the selection?
I did some research and couldnt find much reviews on the Business School Alliance. I would be interested in the Logistics option, but havent heard much good (or anything at all) from HS Bremen...
Another factor picking the school above is $$$, I can afford them. Suffolk Uni gave me a scholarship so that's doable too.

Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks!
Duncan

Search the discussion board for the dire work situation in Spain. Suffolk is a better MBA. Wilmington is for finance, but it's really nowhere on the b-school map and has not serious career services. Unless you are working for yourself, go to Suffolk.

Search the discussion board for the dire work situation in Spain. Suffolk is a better MBA. Wilmington is for finance, but it's really nowhere on the b-school map and has not serious career services. Unless you are working for yourself, go to Suffolk.
MucBos

Thanks Duncan for your reply. So in a direct comparison you would choose Suffolk over UC3M? I understand that a lot would have to do with where I am going to work after graduation. I know Spain's economy is bad and the job market is worst. If I'd try to find work somewhere else in Europe (Germany, UK, NL, France), which MBA do you think will be more known? Or if neither UC3M nor Suffolk are known to employers, is it "better" to have an MBA degree from the US, since that is where the degree originated?
Thanks!

Thanks Duncan for your reply. So in a direct comparison you would choose Suffolk over UC3M? I understand that a lot would have to do with where I am going to work after graduation. I know Spain's economy is bad and the job market is worst. If I'd try to find work somewhere else in Europe (Germany, UK, NL, France), which MBA do you think will be more known? Or if neither UC3M nor Suffolk are known to employers, is it "better" to have an MBA degree from the US, since that is where the degree originated?
Thanks!
Duncan

A very late reply. Yes, I think Suffolk is better. It's a big, old university and the status of US degree is good. It's a huge programme with a lot of electives (taught alongside the part-time students, in the evenings) and many concentrations. The quality of students won't be significantly better than in Madrid, but outside Spain it will be easier to explain studying in central Boston than in Madrid.

A very late reply. Yes, I think Suffolk is better. It's a big, old university and the status of US degree is good. It's a huge programme with a lot of electives (taught alongside the part-time students, in the evenings) and many concentrations. The quality of students won't be significantly better than in Madrid, but outside Spain it will be easier to explain studying in central Boston than in Madrid.
Inactive User

You might be able to get into a better business school in Spain, like IESE and IE. Don't settle for plan B just now.

You might be able to get into the business school of your dreams. Applications are down this year and also expected to be down in the 2 years ahead. So, please shoot for the stars, you might always catch the moon ;-).

Niels
MBA Q&A

You might be able to get into a better business school in Spain, like IESE and IE. Don't settle for plan B just now.

You might be able to get into the business school of your dreams. Applications are down this year and also expected to be down in the 2 years ahead. So, please shoot for the stars, you might always catch the moon ;-).

Niels
MBA Q&A

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Madrid, Spain 3 Followers 107 Discussions
Boston, Massachusetts 27 Followers 28 Discussions
Barcelona, Spain 29 Followers 169 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 114 Followers 368 Discussions
Bremen, Germany 63 Followers 37 Discussions
Wilmington, North Carolina 5 Followers 2 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 48 Followers 82 Discussions
Alfara del Patriarca (Valencia), Spain 0 Followers 3 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023

Hot Discussions