MBA or MSc in Logistics/Supply Chain Management

Sehr gehrte Damen und Herren

Guten tag. I am Ashik, an Indian doing my MS in Informatik at TU Darmstadt from April 2014. I worked at my Grandfathers timber trading company back in India as International purchase and sales executive for 2.5 years. Management and administration is the best that I do.

I joined the MS Informatics course for only to reach Germany and its obviously free and I took it. The big gap between my Bachelors in IT in India, professional experience in trading and logistics sector, it has become overwhelmingly hard and impossible to continue this study. I am switching the course anytime soon to another MBA/Msc course. Since its not my type anymore, now its no time for regret and I am looking for remedies at Business schools. Its been a mystery to figure out either MBA logistics or MSc supply chain courses and haven't sorted that out yet.

Since then, for the last two months my frustrated search somehow landed me chances to get into these following English programmes in European schools.

1. MSM Mastricht - 1 year MBA for 15000 euros starting sep 14,
2. DIU Dresden - 1.5 years MBA log mgmnt 12000 euros starting Nov 14 and May 14,
3. Kedge Business school, France - 1 year programs MSc ISLI Supply chain for 16000 euros(conditonal) / Msc. Transport Maritime systems for 10000 Euros,
4. Antwerp school of management, Belgium 1 year program for MGSCM supply chain program for 10500 euros.
5. IGC Bremen- 2 years MBA in International logistics and supply chain management.
I am still not sure whether MBA or Msc fits for my career well. The curriculum and course content in DIU fits my interest well as it is also MBA program. I would like to finish my studies and settle back in Germany. I have B1 certified German level and will do more levels in the coming days. The actual long term goal of mine is that to extend my parents trading and logistics business to Europe and do my part of ultimate expansion and success in it. My budget is around 13000 euros for the tuition. I haven't done my GMAT yet but if there is a better option then I will take it in the near future like by November 2014.
Which one is better ? I really need your strong advice on my career switch. I am sure I will get some from here.

Thanks in advance

Sehr gehrte Damen und Herren

Guten tag. I am Ashik, an Indian doing my MS in Informatik at TU Darmstadt from April 2014. I worked at my Grandfathers timber trading company back in India as International purchase and sales executive for 2.5 years. Management and administration is the best that I do.

I joined the MS Informatics course for only to reach Germany and its obviously free and I took it. The big gap between my Bachelors in IT in India, professional experience in trading and logistics sector, it has become overwhelmingly hard and impossible to continue this study. I am switching the course anytime soon to another MBA/Msc course. Since its not my type anymore, now its no time for regret and I am looking for remedies at Business schools. Its been a mystery to figure out either MBA logistics or MSc supply chain courses and haven't sorted that out yet.

Since then, for the last two months my frustrated search somehow landed me chances to get into these following English programmes in European schools.

1. MSM Mastricht - 1 year MBA for 15000 euros starting sep 14,
2. DIU Dresden - 1.5 years MBA log mgmnt 12000 euros starting Nov 14 and May 14,
3. Kedge Business school, France - 1 year programs MSc ISLI Supply chain for 16000 euros(conditonal) / Msc. Transport Maritime systems for 10000 Euros,
4. Antwerp school of management, Belgium 1 year program for MGSCM supply chain program for 10500 euros.
5. IGC Bremen- 2 years MBA in International logistics and supply chain management.
I am still not sure whether MBA or Msc fits for my career well. The curriculum and course content in DIU fits my interest well as it is also MBA program. I would like to finish my studies and settle back in Germany. I have B1 certified German level and will do more levels in the coming days. The actual long term goal of mine is that to extend my parents trading and logistics business to Europe and do my part of ultimate expansion and success in it. My budget is around 13000 euros for the tuition. I haven't done my GMAT yet but if there is a better option then I will take it in the near future like by November 2014.
Which one is better ? I really need your strong advice on my career switch. I am sure I will get some from here.

Thanks in advance
Duncan

What are your career goals immediately after the MBA? I think IGC and DIU worse than the others for most students.

PS Do you speak Dutch or French? These are all very national schools.

What are your career goals immediately after the MBA? I think IGC and DIU worse than the others for most students.

PS Do you speak Dutch or French? These are all very national schools.

Hello Mr.Duncan. I was expecting all this while for your reply. My career goals are that by mastering supply chain management and its formal methods by doing a good course, I want to work in a logistic sector as a supply chain manager back here in germany. I believe that learning all these principles by working here in the European trade, will give me necessary jump and the network to expand my parents business to Europe. Besides this taking a few years, I want to work here at any cost for a while. I dont speak any French or dutch but B1 level of German which is not enough for a Business level. I am looking forward to do the courses though.
Regarding DIU, I thought its good because of the collaboration with TU dresden for this specific program and acc as ELA, and Zeva which are though not equal as International standards such as AMBA. As I couldnt collect more data about the standard of DIU, I was forced to post here.
SO in this case, what am I supposed to do :( ?
I might need a little more elaborate advice over my choices. My budget like most of them is a concern too. Could you help me ?

Hello Mr.Duncan. I was expecting all this while for your reply. My career goals are that by mastering supply chain management and its formal methods by doing a good course, I want to work in a logistic sector as a supply chain manager back here in germany. I believe that learning all these principles by working here in the European trade, will give me necessary jump and the network to expand my parents business to Europe. Besides this taking a few years, I want to work here at any cost for a while. I dont speak any French or dutch but B1 level of German which is not enough for a Business level. I am looking forward to do the courses though.
Regarding DIU, I thought its good because of the collaboration with TU dresden for this specific program and acc as ELA, and Zeva which are though not equal as International standards such as AMBA. As I couldnt collect more data about the standard of DIU, I was forced to post here.
SO in this case, what am I supposed to do :( ?
I might need a little more elaborate advice over my choices. My budget like most of them is a concern too. Could you help me ?
Duncan

If you want to work in Germany, then study in the DACHs region. I suggest you improve your German, and then study in the German language.

PS I am not familiar with the ITMMA University of Antwerp programme. I follow the management school there, but not the other schools in the university. Of course language is still key.

If you want to work in Germany, then study in the DACHs region. I suggest you improve your German, and then study in the German language.

PS I am not familiar with the ITMMA University of Antwerp programme. I follow the management school there, but not the other schools in the university. Of course language is still key.

Thanks Mr.Duncan
An update
I recently got a scholarship offer for the Masters in Transport and Maritime management at ITMMA University of Antwerp. Coming around the posts about the demerits of the schoarships, this one though seems to be very affirmative. The program with many intriguing courses being only 8 months, i find the partial scholarship with only 3000 euros to be paid as a best option so far. Any information that you can share about the course and the career prospect in general ?
Thanks again

Thanks Mr.Duncan
An update
I recently got a scholarship offer for the Masters in Transport and Maritime management at ITMMA University of Antwerp. Coming around the posts about the demerits of the schoarships, this one though seems to be very affirmative. The program with many intriguing courses being only 8 months, i find the partial scholarship with only 3000 euros to be paid as a best option so far. Any information that you can share about the course and the career prospect in general ?
Thanks again
ralph

Maybe you should look into WHU's MSc program, which offers a specialization in supply chain management. This program is ranked in the FT, and from the FT's statistics, it has fairly good career outcomes.

I fear that the other options out there, the unranked programs or programs not in Germany, won't give you the same leverage as a program of WHU's stature, especially if you are not a native German speaker and -- I'm assuming -- you are not an EU national.

Maybe you should look into WHU's MSc program, which offers a specialization in supply chain management. This program is ranked in the FT, and from the FT's statistics, it has fairly good career outcomes.

I fear that the other options out there, the unranked programs or programs not in Germany, won't give you the same leverage as a program of WHU's stature, especially if you are not a native German speaker and -- I'm assuming -- you are not an EU national.
AMBALA

Am applying for the Antwerp MSC-Global Supply Chain Management programme in 2017 intake. Now i have 2 options WU in Austria and AMS(Antwerp)- in Belgium..Am from india and am looking forward to work in Europe post my studies..Which university is the best among the 2 ?..
Spoke to a Alumnus from Antwerp and got a very good feedback but din get a chance to contact anyone from WU Austria...Can someone suggest me which one to choose?

Am applying for the Antwerp MSC-Global Supply Chain Management programme in 2017 intake. Now i have 2 options WU in Austria and AMS(Antwerp)- in Belgium..Am from india and am looking forward to work in Europe post my studies..Which university is the best among the 2 ?..
Spoke to a Alumnus from Antwerp and got a very good feedback but din get a chance to contact anyone from WU Austria...Can someone suggest me which one to choose?

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Dresden, Germany 14 Followers 1 Discussion
Bremen, Germany 63 Followers 37 Discussions
Maastricht, Netherlands 33 Followers 33 Discussions
Antwerp, Belgium 12 Followers 12 Discussions
San Juan, Puerto Rico (USA) 3 Followers 1 Discussion

Other Related Content

Learning Logistics in a Supply Chain MBA

Article Sep 15, 2015

Every company needs a logistics whiz who understands supply chain management—and the demand for these positions is only growing.

Top Business Schools for Supply Chain Management

Top List

Effective supply chain management (SCM) practices have become essential to firms in many industries, particularly since globalization has widened the geographic distances between suppliers, manufacturers, and customers

Hot Discussions