MBA or MS

satheshp88

Hi Duncan,

I got admit from the following schools and courses . Since i am looking for the cost effective masters , i have applied to the below courses.
1.Corvinus MBA
2. Cranfield school of mgmt - Msc in Marketing (Is UK safe for Job opp)
3. GISMA (Will it be good , because they have changed their academic partner and this is going to be their first year. Pls guide. As i know that last yr it was bankrupt due to less no of application. Do you have any idea why ?

Awaiting for your response

Hi Duncan,

I got admit from the following schools and courses . Since i am looking for the cost effective masters , i have applied to the below courses.
1.Corvinus MBA
2. Cranfield school of mgmt - Msc in Marketing (Is UK safe for Job opp)
3. GISMA (Will it be good , because they have changed their academic partner and this is going to be their first year. Pls guide. As i know that last yr it was bankrupt due to less no of application. Do you have any idea why ?

Awaiting for your response
Duncan

I assume that you don't speak German or Hungarian. In that case, Cranfield is the safer choice.

I assume that you don't speak German or Hungarian. In that case, Cranfield is the safer choice.
satheshp88

No i speak german .. I have done my B2.2 Level.. So German wont be an issue for me... But I am worrying about the GISMA since there are lot of controversies going on... Pl guide

No i speak german .. I have done my B2.2 Level.. So German wont be an issue for me... But I am worrying about the GISMA since there are lot of controversies going on... Pl guide
Duncan

B2.2 is pretty good. GISMA is certainly a risk. I just don't think these should be your only choices. If you can get into GISMA can't you get into HHL?

B2.2 is pretty good. GISMA is certainly a risk. I just don't think these should be your only choices. If you can get into GISMA can't you get into HHL?
wkunal

hey ...same question here ..could you please explain the risks that we are talking about here ..as we know GISMA faced major financial issues in the last year or so ...but is still accredited by AMBA and in the list of eduniversal rankings and the new partner MSM is also a world renowned university .... but the breaking of collaboration with Purdue do create some doubts ....confused confused

hey ...same question here ..could you please explain the risks that we are talking about here ..as we know GISMA faced major financial issues in the last year or so ...but is still accredited by AMBA and in the list of eduniversal rankings and the new partner MSM is also a world renowned university .... but the breaking of collaboration with Purdue do create some doubts ....confused confused
Duncan

GISMA has been losing money for ten years, but it was a non-profit with substantial local backing. Its new owners, the London School of Business and Finance, are a for-profit company with one of the most aggressive leadership teams, who chop and change partners like I change shoes.

MSM isn't a world renowned university (perhaps you are thinking of the Maastricht University School of Business and Economics, which is separate).MSM is a partner of its parent university, but those two schools are very different. Neither is Purdue's equal, and I greatly doubt that either Maastricht school will be issuing most of GISMA's degrees in three or four years time (Compare, for example, the way LSBF issues a few Grenoble degrees, but its major partner is the little-known, private, unaccredited International Telematic University). The school's reputation is really uncertain.

GISMA has been losing money for ten years, but it was a non-profit with substantial local backing. Its new owners, the London School of Business and Finance, are a for-profit company with one of the most aggressive leadership teams, who chop and change partners like I change shoes.

MSM isn't a world renowned university (perhaps you are thinking of the Maastricht University School of Business and Economics, which is separate).MSM is a partner of its parent university, but those two schools are very different. Neither is Purdue's equal, and I greatly doubt that either Maastricht school will be issuing most of GISMA's degrees in three or four years time (Compare, for example, the way LSBF issues a few Grenoble degrees, but its major partner is the little-known, private, unaccredited International Telematic University). The school's reputation is really uncertain.
wkunal

Hey ...thanks for the information provided ...

The positives I see at GISMA are
1) Accredited by AMBA .
2) In eduniversal rankings ,findmba rankings ,Qs top mba rankings and used to be in FT rankings for its IMM programme with PURDUE and others
3) Now under GUS which also includes GGSB and LSBF .So chances are that it will also up their game .
4) Good scholarship opportunities.

The negatives I see
1) Breaking of collaboration with PURDUE krannert .
2) the financial crisis and bankruptcy it went through last year .
3) lack of alumni information on the website and about placement figures.
4) a very bad review by one alumni ( as he introduces himself).
5) No other partner universities info on the website.
5) a bit lenient application procedure .

These are all my observations ...If you could weigh in ...Would be great help.

I have currently recieved acceptance from
1) IAE Aix graduate school of mgmt ,France .
2) GISMA
3) IGC bremen with novancia business school .
4) European University ,Munich .
5) Paris business school .
6) INSEEC ,France

and soon expecting results from
1) pforzheim university
2) IBC offenburg
3)HTW berlin ...
4)HHL Leipzig
5)Munich business school .
6)Frankfurt school of finance and mangement

if you could rate these schools with your experience ...would help me alot with decision making ..
thx in advance

Hey ...thanks for the information provided ...

The positives I see at GISMA are
1) Accredited by AMBA .
2) In eduniversal rankings ,findmba rankings ,Qs top mba rankings and used to be in FT rankings for its IMM programme with PURDUE and others
3) Now under GUS which also includes GGSB and LSBF .So chances are that it will also up their game .
4) Good scholarship opportunities.

The negatives I see
1) Breaking of collaboration with PURDUE krannert .
2) the financial crisis and bankruptcy it went through last year .
3) lack of alumni information on the website and about placement figures.
4) a very bad review by one alumni ( as he introduces himself).
5) No other partner universities info on the website.
5) a bit lenient application procedure .

These are all my observations ...If you could weigh in ...Would be great help.

I have currently recieved acceptance from
1) IAE Aix graduate school of mgmt ,France .
2) GISMA
3) IGC bremen with novancia business school .
4) European University ,Munich .
5) Paris business school .
6) INSEEC ,France

and soon expecting results from
1) pforzheim university
2) IBC offenburg
3)HTW berlin ...
4)HHL Leipzig
5)Munich business school .
6)Frankfurt school of finance and mangement

if you could rate these schools with your experience ...would help me alot with decision making ..
thx in advance
Duncan

Grenoble is not part of of GUS, let's be clear about that. And GISMA is not involved in the IMM and had no major role, as far as I can see, in teaching or administering it. The institution is very different now: I doubt that most of the staff are still there (remember that some functions were done by Leibniz university - who will handle those?). I think they will use the brand and then ruin it.

Selecting your schools depends on your goals and language skills, but generally:
Strong: IAE Aix; Pforzheim; HHL; Frankfurt
Okay but unaccredited and with weak placement support in-country for international students. Bremen/ Novancia (I like Novanica); HTW; INSEEC; Offenburg; Munich.
Risky private schools. Gisma. Paris business school.
Barely legal. EU (not even a legal university).

Grenoble is not part of of GUS, let's be clear about that. And GISMA is not involved in the IMM and had no major role, as far as I can see, in teaching or administering it. The institution is very different now: I doubt that most of the staff are still there (remember that some functions were done by Leibniz university - who will handle those?). I think they will use the brand and then ruin it.

Selecting your schools depends on your goals and language skills, but generally:
Strong: IAE Aix; Pforzheim; HHL; Frankfurt
Okay but unaccredited and with weak placement support in-country for international students. Bremen/ Novancia (I like Novanica); HTW; INSEEC; Offenburg; Munich.
Risky private schools. Gisma. Paris business school.
Barely legal. EU (not even a legal university).
wkunal

Hey thanks for the recommendation ...you are right about the leibniz matters ....and about Grenoble ,i saw the school featuring on the GUS website (http://www.globaluniversitysystems.com/)....

i too am a bit inclined towards IGC bremen + Novancia course as it also fits my specialization ...the networking I suppose would be good in Paris and Bremen ....the only thing which is keeping me from confirming is the Non Accreditation.

Just not Favouring IAE bcoz the course is MGIM which is very short duration and not exactly the curriculum I want to study ..I hope they transfer my application to MBA

Hey thanks for the recommendation ...you are right about the leibniz matters ....and about Grenoble ,i saw the school featuring on the GUS website (http://www.globaluniversitysystems.com/)....

i too am a bit inclined towards IGC bremen + Novancia course as it also fits my specialization ...the networking I suppose would be good in Paris and Bremen ....the only thing which is keeping me from confirming is the Non Accreditation.

Just not Favouring IAE bcoz the course is MGIM which is very short duration and not exactly the curriculum I want to study ..I hope they transfer my application to MBA
satheshp88

Hi kunal. What's ur profile ? Pl share . I would like to discuss with u few things pl ping me ur no. Ll call u

Hi kunal. What's ur profile ? Pl share . I would like to discuss with u few things pl ping me ur no. Ll call u
Duncan

Grenoble is a "partner" - they are very slippery with that word. GGSB is owned by the local chamber of commerce (http://www.grenoble.cci.fr/).

Grenoble is a "partner" - they are very slippery with that word. GGSB is owned by the local chamber of commerce (http://www.grenoble.cci.fr/).
wkunal

BE mechanical with three years work ex .
u can call me ..

<blockquote>Hi kunal. What's ur profile ? Pl share . I would like to discuss with u few things pl ping me ur no. Ll call u </blockquote>

BE mechanical with three years work ex .
u can call me ..

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Bedford, United Kingdom 44 Followers 413 Discussions
Hannover, Germany 20 Followers 66 Discussions
Budapest, Hungary 7 Followers 16 Discussions

Hot Discussions