MBA Italy - MIB vs MIP or something else?

rajnam1

Hi all, I am facing a dilemma - I will be moving to Italy due to family obligations, and while I am there I'll try to do an MBA, with the intention of staying and working in the country for at least a few years after I graduate (I have a EU passport, so visas are not a problem for me, and I can speak fluent Italian.)

Of course I have heard of MIP and MIB. MIP looks interesting because it's in Milan. I am not so sure about MIB, location wise. I am also open to other suggestions

My current industry is retail but I would like to work in logistics. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Hi all, I am facing a dilemma - I will be moving to Italy due to family obligations, and while I am there I'll try to do an MBA, with the intention of staying and working in the country for at least a few years after I graduate (I have a EU passport, so visas are not a problem for me, and I can speak fluent Italian.)

Of course I have heard of MIP and MIB. MIP looks interesting because it's in Milan. I am not so sure about MIB, location wise. I am also open to other suggestions

My current industry is retail but I would like to work in logistics. Does anybody have any suggestions?
Duncan

I think you know which are the best MBA programmes. If you want to change, then I suggest you look at retail logistics. Try How to use LinkedIn to find the best school www.find-mba.com/board/33571

I think you know which are the best MBA programmes. If you want to change, then I suggest you look at retail logistics. Try How to use LinkedIn to find the best school www.find-mba.com/board/33571
Inactive User

Both are strong MBA programs. Milan probably offers more jobs in the logistics sector, and its sourcing/procurement concentration is probably more appropriate for your goals.

There's also SDA Bocconi, which is Milan-based as well and is ranked in the FT. Might look into that as well.

Both are strong MBA programs. Milan probably offers more jobs in the logistics sector, and its sourcing/procurement concentration is probably more appropriate for your goals.

There's also SDA Bocconi, which is Milan-based as well and is ranked in the FT. Might look into that as well.
rajnam1

Thank you. I was considering SDA Bocconi, but it looks like the average GMAT score is around 660, which is 60 points higher than what I scored. Do you think it's worth retaking the GMAT and trying to get a higher score?

Thank you. I was considering SDA Bocconi, but it looks like the average GMAT score is around 660, which is 60 points higher than what I scored. Do you think it's worth retaking the GMAT and trying to get a higher score?
ralph

Without something unique about your profile -- or more than the average work experience (it's about 5 years in recent Bocconi cohorts) -- I would say that this is a reach school for you.

If you are really interested in the program, then you should spend some time studying and re-take the GMAT.

Without something unique about your profile -- or more than the average work experience (it's about 5 years in recent Bocconi cohorts) -- I would say that this is a reach school for you.

If you are really interested in the program, then you should spend some time studying and re-take the GMAT.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Milan, Italy 70 Followers 211 Discussions
Milan, Italy 22 Followers 82 Discussions
Trieste, Italy 32 Followers 34 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023

MBA Programs in Italy: La Dolce Vita

Article Jul 29, 2013

How a number of one-year MBA programs are still luring people to the country from all over the world, despite an economic downturn

Top Business Schools for Retail and Consumer Goods

Top List

Retail and consumer goods are huge businesses. Here's a list of the best MBA programs for careers in these lucrative sectors