MBA in Netherlands?

taison

What would be the best choice for an MBA in Netherlands, for an applicant with 3 years working experience and previous studies in engineering?

Thanks

What would be the best choice for an MBA in Netherlands, for an applicant with 3 years working experience and previous studies in engineering?

Thanks
ale82

Any doubts?!
Rotterdam School of Management

Any doubts?!
Rotterdam School of Management
D.jung

IMO there are two schools worth looking at in the Netherlands:

One is,a as mentioned above, the RSM Erasmus university. the other is the TiasNimbas Business School - Utrecht Campus(http://www.find-mba.com/university/99/tiasnimbas-business-school-utrecht-campus). further away you can also consider Nyenrode Business Universiteit(not yet ranked, but listed by the economist.

RSM is probably the best choice, but as such, can also prove more competitive.....

IMO there are two schools worth looking at in the Netherlands:

One is,a as mentioned above, the RSM Erasmus university. the other is the TiasNimbas Business School - Utrecht Campus(http://www.find-mba.com/university/99/tiasnimbas-business-school-utrecht-campus). further away you can also consider Nyenrode Business Universiteit(not yet ranked, but listed by the economist.

RSM is probably the best choice, but as such, can also prove more competitive.....

ralph

Yes, those schools are probably the top ones in the Netherlands. However, don't forget Amsterdam Business School. They're especially strong in finance, if that's what you're looking for in a school.

Yes, those schools are probably the top ones in the Netherlands. However, don't forget Amsterdam Business School. They're especially strong in finance, if that's what you're looking for in a school.
rftg

You should consider dutch MBA only if you know dutch or if you have patience and earnest willingness to learn it. Otherwise you would be loosing your money.

Furthermore, despite all the odds if you choose dutch MBA then go for RSM at least it has got some visibility in Europe and UK if not world over. Other dutch MBAs are just spoiling career of their student.

You should consider dutch MBA only if you know dutch or if you have patience and earnest willingness to learn it. Otherwise you would be loosing your money.

Furthermore, despite all the odds if you choose dutch MBA then go for RSM at least it has got some visibility in Europe and UK if not world over. Other dutch MBAs are just spoiling career of their student.
taison

This u say by your own experience?? And whats the point of speaking dutch since the programes are in English?

This u say by your own experience?? And whats the point of speaking dutch since the programes are in English?
rftg

Yes this is my own experience. I assume If you are coming to dutch land your initial post MBA career is restricted in Netherlands itself due to the simple fact, these MBAs are not much known outside Netherlands. Without dutch finding job(s) in Netherlands will be a tough deal.

Also read that big post by RSM grad - that story sounds good to be true as I myself knows number of cases where MBA grad of RSM, Nyenrode and TIAS N. did not get job. Situation is really pathetic.

Yes this is my own experience. I assume If you are coming to dutch land your initial post MBA career is restricted in Netherlands itself due to the simple fact, these MBAs are not much known outside Netherlands. Without dutch finding job(s) in Netherlands will be a tough deal.

Also read that big post by RSM grad - that story sounds good to be true as I myself knows number of cases where MBA grad of RSM, Nyenrode and TIAS N. did not get job. Situation is really pathetic.
RSMMBAGrad

Many students in my class did not get a job, even a year after graduating. The career centre at RSM is useless and very few recruiters come to the MBA program. No student in my class ended up at a top bank and only one ended up at a top 3 consulting firm.

RSM is a complete waste of money. Dutch employers generally won't consider you unless you speak Dutch. Even when they will consider non-Dutch speakers, the bar is so much higher if you don't speak Dutch. RSM has no contacts outside of Holland so you will find it extremely tough to leverage the RSM name outside of Holland. The alumni network is useless. The alumni database was useless as most data was unsearchable, missing, or outdated. Whole years of alumni date were even 'lost'.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON RSM YOU WILL BE VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Many students in my class did not get a job, even a year after graduating. The career centre at RSM is useless and very few recruiters come to the MBA program. No student in my class ended up at a top bank and only one ended up at a top 3 consulting firm.

RSM is a complete waste of money. Dutch employers generally won't consider you unless you speak Dutch. Even when they will consider non-Dutch speakers, the bar is so much higher if you don't speak Dutch. RSM has no contacts outside of Holland so you will find it extremely tough to leverage the RSM name outside of Holland. The alumni network is useless. The alumni database was useless as most data was unsearchable, missing, or outdated. Whole years of alumni date were even 'lost'.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON RSM YOU WILL BE VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED.
Magnet

Hi RSMMBAGrad - Did you do an internship with RSM? A friend of mine studied there and he said that everyone in the year got one...?Surely that helps with job opportunities?

Also, i've done some reading about the professors - Did you ever get a lecture by Prof Mike Wright? He's a TOP entrepreneurship Prof with many awards who lectures as a guest at RSM.

Have you got a job now? Did you ever raise your concerns with the careers department when you were there? I just feel that it's sad you sound so bitter about a place you spent a whole year of you life!!!

Magnet

Hi RSMMBAGrad - Did you do an internship with RSM? A friend of mine studied there and he said that everyone in the year got one...?Surely that helps with job opportunities?

Also, i've done some reading about the professors - Did you ever get a lecture by Prof Mike Wright? He's a TOP entrepreneurship Prof with many awards who lectures as a guest at RSM.

Have you got a job now? Did you ever raise your concerns with the careers department when you were there? I just feel that it's sad you sound so bitter about a place you spent a whole year of you life!!!

Magnet
taison

From what i can understand UK seems the best option!!

From what i can understand UK seems the best option!!

I am looking forward for an MBA in Netherlands with following profile :
Xth Grade : 90 %
XII th grade : 74%
B.Tech from NIT : 7.6/10
Gmat : 710
W.E.: 3 years in a Public sector Enterprise in the field of Design and Consultancy of Steel plants.

suggest some good colleges for my profile.

I am looking forward for an MBA in Netherlands with following profile :
Xth Grade : 90 %
XII th grade : 74%
B.Tech from NIT : 7.6/10
Gmat : 710
W.E.: 3 years in a Public sector Enterprise in the field of Design and Consultancy of Steel plants.

suggest some good colleges for my profile.
Duncan

There are listings for each country on this site. With your work experience and GMAT you can aim at accredited programmes like:
http://www.find-mba.com/netherlands/1

There are listings for each country on this site. With your work experience and GMAT you can aim at accredited programmes like:
http://www.find-mba.com/netherlands/1

@Duncan:-Thanx a lot

@Duncan:-Thanx a lot

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Rotterdam, Netherlands 80 Followers 223 Discussions
Amsterdam, Netherlands 24 Followers 36 Discussions
Amsterdam, Netherlands 25 Followers 26 Discussions
Tilburg, Netherlands 22 Followers 79 Discussions

Other Related Content

May 04, 2023

Visit Amsterdam as a guest of Nyenrode Business University