MBA in Germany

Hi all,

I plan to start a fulltime MBA program in late 2009. My GMAT score is 620. Because of personal reasons I prefer Germany and would like to work there afterwards. Which schools would you recommend to apply for?

Thanks for your answers!

Best regards,
Pepe

Hi all,

I plan to start a fulltime MBA program in late 2009. My GMAT score is 620. Because of personal reasons I prefer Germany and would like to work there afterwards. Which schools would you recommend to apply for?

Thanks for your answers!

Best regards,
Pepe
JohnnyL

Hi Tio,

I posted this "ranking" in another thread. It should be a good guideline:

To give you an orientation for the German speaking market, here is my personal ranking of German fulltime programs:

1. Mannheim
2. St. Gallen (Switzerland)
... (large gap)

3. WHU
4. Goethe Frankfurt
5. HHL
... (large gap)

6. Saarbrücken (Europa Inst.)
7. GISMA
8. good Fachhochschulen (Pforzheim, Berlin, Furtwangen, etc.)
... (large, large gap)

9. ESMT
10. EBS

Hope that helps.

Best,
JL

Hi Tio,

I posted this "ranking" in another thread. It should be a good guideline:

To give you an orientation for the German speaking market, here is my personal ranking of German fulltime programs:

1. Mannheim
2. St. Gallen (Switzerland)
... (large gap)

3. WHU
4. Goethe Frankfurt
5. HHL
... (large gap)

6. Saarbrücken (Europa Inst.)
7. GISMA
8. good Fachhochschulen (Pforzheim, Berlin, Furtwangen, etc.)
... (large, large gap)

9. ESMT
10. EBS

Hope that helps.

Best,
JL
ArunS

If you include Switzerland, don't forget Austria either. There are two very strong business schools in Vienna: Universität Wien (ranked 1st by Handelsblatt) and Vienna University of Economics and Business (ranked 5th):

http://www.handelsblatt.com/bwl-unis/

If you include Switzerland, don't forget Austria either. There are two very strong business schools in Vienna: Universität Wien (ranked 1st by Handelsblatt) and Vienna University of Economics and Business (ranked 5th):

http://www.handelsblatt.com/bwl-unis/
Mesix

I am quite partial to the Goethe Business School because I am a student there. I've heard good things about the programs at Mannheim and WHU as well. The schools in Austria and Switzerland mentioned in the above posts also have a very good reputation.

I am quite partial to the Goethe Business School because I am a student there. I've heard good things about the programs at Mannheim and WHU as well. The schools in Austria and Switzerland mentioned in the above posts also have a very good reputation.
La Brujita

I agree with Johnny, Arun and Mesix. Johnny's list is still an excellent guideline for those interested in a German MBA program.

Don't get fooled by many German schools which claim to be at the national top although they do not even have AACSB or EQUIS accreditation or which offer high scholarships because of having too little application numbers!

I agree with Johnny, Arun and Mesix. Johnny's list is still an excellent guideline for those interested in a German MBA program.

Don't get fooled by many German schools which claim to be at the national top although they do not even have AACSB or EQUIS accreditation or which offer high scholarships because of having too little application numbers!
nazi

plz can i find one year full time MBA in germany??????? i wana go for one year????

plz can i find one year full time MBA in germany??????? i wana go for one year????
Mesix

Goethe Business School in Frankfurt has a one year full time course.

Goethe Business School in Frankfurt has a one year full time course.
kati

WHU has quite a good reputation as well.

WHU has quite a good reputation as well.
La Brujita

I add Mannheim and then the Top 3 in Germany are complete:

1. Mannheim
2. WHU
3. Goethe

I add Mannheim and then the Top 3 in Germany are complete:

1. Mannheim
2. WHU
3. Goethe
nazi

i saw the entry requirements of goethe unversity(germany)...it has a condition of GMAT score then work experience of minimum of 3 or 4 years.......i mean wat is heck is this?????

i saw the entry requirements of goethe unversity(germany)...it has a condition of GMAT score then work experience of minimum of 3 or 4 years.......i mean wat is heck is this?????
JohnnyL

Those are the normal requirements for getting admitted to a good MBA program.

Those are the normal requirements for getting admitted to a good MBA program.
nazi

i DO knw very wel sir!GMAT is ok! but for regular MBA i thnk these requirements r TOO tough, if u wana do MBA after u r freshly graduate THEN??????????????.....that means u wont get a chance in gud MBA program .....

i DO knw very wel sir!GMAT is ok! but for regular MBA i thnk these requirements r TOO tough, if u wana do MBA after u r freshly graduate THEN??????????????.....that means u wont get a chance in gud MBA program .....
Evan2007

Pretty much. Good business schools in Europe, UK, and US want students with work experience. They're generally not really interested in fresh grads.

Pretty much. Good business schools in Europe, UK, and US want students with work experience. They're generally not really interested in fresh grads.
AndresL

Hi, I´m interested to start a full time MBA in Germany. Checking out some pages I found Hochschule Furtwangen, you recommended? thanks for your help!!

Hi, I´m interested to start a full time MBA in Germany. Checking out some pages I found Hochschule Furtwangen, you recommended? thanks for your help!!

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Berlin, Germany 30 Followers 69 Discussions
Villingen-Schwenningen, Germany 29 Followers 46 Discussions
St. Gallen, Switzerland 44 Followers 142 Discussions
Oestrich-Winkel, Germany 23 Followers 73 Discussions
Full Profile
Pforzheim, Germany 45 Followers 83 Discussions
Saarbrücken, Germany 4 Followers 13 Discussions
Mannheim, Germany 80 Followers 221 Discussions
Düsseldorf, Germany 80 Followers 207 Discussions
Leipzig, Germany 70 Followers 196 Discussions