MBA in Germany

hvikrant

I am an Electrical Engineer from India with an experience of 11 years in Sales, out of which 4.5 years in Middle East. I am looking forward to pursue MBA/ Masters in International Management/ International Marketing.
Preferable location would be Germany. After so many years of work exp, I am not keen to appear for GMAT.
Suggestions are welcome for a reputed course with affordable cost/Free of Tuition Fees.

I am an Electrical Engineer from India with an experience of 11 years in Sales, out of which 4.5 years in Middle East. I am looking forward to pursue MBA/ Masters in International Management/ International Marketing.
Preferable location would be Germany. After so many years of work exp, I am not keen to appear for GMAT.
Suggestions are welcome for a reputed course with affordable cost/Free of Tuition Fees.
Anavi

Hi,
Can you please define what are affordable costs for you?
There are no MBA programs in Germany that are free...usually the costs are 35k Euro and above for triple accredited programs such as Mannheim business school, ESCP Berlin (this one is 51k) or double accredited (AACSB, AMBA) such as ESMT in Berlin (around 40k). The others are not really worth mentioning to be honest...I'm not German but I live and work here since a couple of years and looking into UK programs for myself due to significantly lower fees. Unless you have a private reason on choosing Germany, I would suggest looking up other options.

Hi,
Can you please define what are affordable costs for you?
There are no MBA programs in Germany that are free...usually the costs are 35k Euro and above for triple accredited programs such as Mannheim business school, ESCP Berlin (this one is 51k) or double accredited (AACSB, AMBA) such as ESMT in Berlin (around 40k). The others are not really worth mentioning to be honest...I'm not German but I live and work here since a couple of years and looking into UK programs for myself due to significantly lower fees. Unless you have a private reason on choosing Germany, I would suggest looking up other options.
hvikrant

Hi Anavi,
Thanks for the reply. At present I am not looking for a triple/double accredited B-Schools. There are many universities in Germany with less than Euro 8000 as tuition fees, though these schools don't have accreditation but are well reputed regionally.

Hi Anavi,
Thanks for the reply. At present I am not looking for a triple/double accredited B-Schools. There are many universities in Germany with less than Euro 8000 as tuition fees, though these schools don't have accreditation but are well reputed regionally.
Duncan

At that price you should certainly look for an MSc. Look at mastersportal.eu and the FT MiM and MiF rankings.

At that price you should certainly look for an MSc. Look at mastersportal.eu and the FT MiM and MiF rankings.
hvikrant

Thanks Mr. Duncan. I was certainly expecting your reply as you are the most active member I have seen in the discussion room. As you have rightly said, I will also look for MSc/MA - International Business, International Management.
But there are few MBA programs offered are in the range of my budget i.e. FH - Esslingen, Offenburg, reutlingen & Anhalt. what you say about these institutes?

Thanks Mr. Duncan. I was certainly expecting your reply as you are the most active member I have seen in the discussion room. As you have rightly said, I will also look for MSc/MA - International Business, International Management.
But there are few MBA programs offered are in the range of my budget i.e. FH - Esslingen, Offenburg, reutlingen & Anhalt. what you say about these institutes?
Duncan

You can search the discussion board. I would not consider Anhalt.

You can search the discussion board. I would not consider Anhalt.
Inactive User

If you are looking for an MBA program as a means to transition to the country, you may want to reconsider (a) taking the GMAT, and (b) investing in a ranked MBA programs.

While some of the unranked programs might well have a good regional reputation, these schools often don't have the capacity or the resources to help international students land jobs. Mannheim and ESMT, as well as potentially the new Frankfurt MBA, are great places to start.

The business schools with well-ranked MSc programs (ESCP, WHU, HHL, Mannheim) might very well have the resources for helping international students land jobs after graduation, but if I had 11 years of work experience I think I might feel quite out of place in a cohort with those who had little to no work experience. That's just my personal opinion though.

And finally, a big issue, if you are indeed thinking about transitioning into the country, is whether you speak German. A good language base before you start studying will go a long way towards working in the country.

If you are looking for an MBA program as a means to transition to the country, you may want to reconsider (a) taking the GMAT, and (b) investing in a ranked MBA programs.

While some of the unranked programs might well have a good regional reputation, these schools often don't have the capacity or the resources to help international students land jobs. Mannheim and ESMT, as well as potentially the new Frankfurt MBA, are great places to start.

The business schools with well-ranked MSc programs (ESCP, WHU, HHL, Mannheim) might very well have the resources for helping international students land jobs after graduation, but if I had 11 years of work experience I think I might feel quite out of place in a cohort with those who had little to no work experience. That's just my personal opinion though.

And finally, a big issue, if you are indeed thinking about transitioning into the country, is whether you speak German. A good language base before you start studying will go a long way towards working in the country.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Full Profile
Berlin, Germany 159 Followers 175 Discussions
Full Profile
Reutlingen, Germany 41 Followers 55 Discussions
Mannheim, Germany 80 Followers 220 Discussions
Berlin, Germany 13 Followers 102 Discussions
Gengenbach, Germany 32 Followers 43 Discussions
Esslingen, Germany 40 Followers 46 Discussions
Bernburg, Germany 8 Followers 1 Discussion

Other Related Content