MBA in Barcelona - EADA or EAE

seotrader

Hello,

I'm thinking to do an executive MBA and my candidates are

EADA, EAE, ESERP.

I want a good school that has world recognition and accreditation ( top 100 in the world).

I'm not willing to do GMAT, I have no time for that.

What do you suggest?

Thanks

Hello,

I'm thinking to do an executive MBA and my candidates are

EADA, EAE, ESERP.

I want a good school that has world recognition and accreditation ( top 100 in the world).

I'm not willing to do GMAT, I have no time for that.

What do you suggest?

Thanks
maubia

http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/emba-rankings-2011

none of the embas you are looking at is listing among the first 100.
If you don't have time for gmat.. will you have time for studying during the 2 years course?

http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/emba-rankings-2011

none of the embas you are looking at is listing among the first 100.
If you don't have time for gmat.. will you have time for studying during the 2 years course?
seotrader

I will have time.

I'm not doing the MBA for getting a high salary in a company, I don't need that.

I won't waste time on a stupid test like the GMAT.

I will have time.

I'm not doing the MBA for getting a high salary in a company, I don't need that.

ezra

Maybe if you tell us what your goals and objectives are, we can help you figure out what's best for your particular situation. To start, maybe look into IESE or ESADE - you can take their special admissions test rather than that GMAT.

Even if you think it's stupid, taking the GMAT will always open doors to many more schools than if you don't take it.

<blockquote>I'm not doing the MBA for getting a high salary in a company, I don't need that.</blockquote>
Maybe if you tell us what your goals and objectives are, we can help you figure out what's best for your particular situation. To start, maybe look into IESE or ESADE - you can take their special admissions test rather than that GMAT.

<blockquote>I won't waste time on a stupid test like the GMAT.</blockquote>
Even if you think it's stupid, taking the GMAT will always open doors to many more schools than if you don't take it.
Duncan

The GMAT, in fact, isn't a stupid test. It's really strongly correlated with performance in the MBA programme. It's quite hard to design a test that does that, and the GMAT does it really well. I've been interviewing EMBA candidates at LBS for seven out of the last ten years, and I can say that the GMAT is a really powerful tool -- the most powerful.

The GMAT, in fact, isn't a stupid test. It's really strongly correlated with performance in the MBA programme. It's quite hard to design a test that does that, and the GMAT does it really well. I've been interviewing EMBA candidates at LBS for seven out of the last ten years, and I can say that the GMAT is a really powerful tool -- the most powerful.

Eada Is by far the best of the options you have put

Eada Is by far the best of the options you have put
seotrader

You have convinced me that GMAT is important and a great tool to filter bad candidates, but I want to start studying in October and I can't do it now.

EADA doesn't ask for GMAT but they let you do their own test. Also their price is around 40,000 euro which is cheaper than the top schools in Spain.

I'm thinking about doing their global executive MBA.

Since most people who does MBA are doing it for getting higher salary or a better position in a company this is not my case.

I'm a small business owner and an investor, I wonder if from your experience such an MBA will help me be a better entrepreneur and better investor.

Another goal I have is to maybe in the future to enter the financial sector and to be hedge fund manager or trader in a big firm.

My question is do you think Global executive MBA of EADA will help me achieve those goals?

Thanks

You have convinced me that GMAT is important and a great tool to filter bad candidates, but I want to start studying in October and I can't do it now.

EADA doesn't ask for GMAT but they let you do their own test. Also their price is around 40,000 euro which is cheaper than the top schools in Spain.

I'm thinking about doing their global executive MBA.

Since most people who does MBA are doing it for getting higher salary or a better position in a company this is not my case.

I'm a small business owner and an investor, I wonder if from your experience such an MBA will help me be a better entrepreneur and better investor.

Another goal I have is to maybe in the future to enter the financial sector and to be hedge fund manager or trader in a big firm.

My question is do you think Global executive MBA of EADA will help me achieve those goals?

Thanks

Duncan

Of course it will help you but the question is what will help you the most. Big employers have more confidence in full time pyramids because they involve more courses, more classroom time and have more rigour. I would recommend you look at a part time masters in finance for your goals.

Of course it will help you but the question is what will help you the most. Big employers have more confidence in full time pyramids because they involve more courses, more classroom time and have more rigour. I would recommend you look at a part time masters in finance for your goals.
seotrader

Thanks Duncan,

unfortunately full time MBA is out of the question, only part time.

it is also hard to find part time MBA in finance in English and in Barcelona. Most of the private schools don't have those accreditations: AACSB, Association of MBA's,EQUIS

How important is to have those accreditations, especially if I want to use it later in my life in Europe or North America.

Thanks Duncan,

unfortunately full time MBA is out of the question, only part time.

it is also hard to find part time MBA in finance in English and in Barcelona. Most of the private schools don't have those accreditations: AACSB, Association of MBA's,EQUIS

How important is to have those accreditations, especially if I want to use it later in my life in Europe or North America.
Duncan

You will need to find a course online, or in another location then. Try Solvay in Brussels ?

You will need to find a course online, or in another location then. Try Solvay in Brussels ?

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Madrid, Spain 3 Followers 107 Discussions
Barcelona, Spain 29 Followers 169 Discussions
Barcelona, Spain 49 Followers 245 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 6 Followers 134 Discussions
Barcelona, Spain 16 Followers 27 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 4 Followers 4 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023

Hot Discussions