MBA IBC at HS Offenburg or MBA IM at HS Pfrozheim

leopaari

I got accepted at both the above mentioned school. I have 3.5 years of experience on shop floor in Steel Industry and i aspire to work in Business Consulting. Shall have A2 by mid July. Will try to complete B1 before i land in Germany. Which business school do you think is preferable considering obvious factors like Return on Investment, Jobs after MBA, Quality of program and faculty etc.

Thank You

I got accepted at both the above mentioned school. I have 3.5 years of experience on shop floor in Steel Industry and i aspire to work in Business Consulting. Shall have A2 by mid July. Will try to complete B1 before i land in Germany. Which business school do you think is preferable considering obvious factors like Return on Investment, Jobs after MBA, Quality of program and faculty etc.

Thank You
Duncan

Pforzheim is obviously better. Search the discussion board.

Pforzheim is obviously better. Search the discussion board.
aspmba

I wouldnt agree with Duncan , MBA Offenburg has its own benefits but a right outlook is needed to look at them.

The course is a fast track MBA and one is able to finish the course in 15 months. Then it is up to you how you shape your career. Pforzheim MBA is 4 semesters that is 24 moths

I dont see Pforzheim is better in anyway. The AASCB accredditation is for the institute , employers dont refer to it when they look for particular skills sets .

I wouldnt agree with Duncan , MBA Offenburg has its own benefits but a right outlook is needed to look at them.

The course is a fast track MBA and one is able to finish the course in 15 months. Then it is up to you how you shape your career. Pforzheim MBA is 4 semesters that is 24 moths

I dont see Pforzheim is better in anyway. The AASCB accredditation is for the institute , employers dont refer to it when they look for particular skills sets .
Duncan

There's some data on this at: http://www.find-mba.com/board/27248

There's some data on this at: http://www.find-mba.com/board/27248
leopaari

Hello aspmba,

I agree that the fact about MBA IBC at HS Offenburg that the program is fast track is very lucrative. But on what grounds do you think Offenburg is better than Pfrozheim.

PS : My main focus is on employment. I am already A2 in German. I am certain that i will attain B2 in another year.

Hello aspmba,

I agree that the fact about MBA IBC at HS Offenburg that the program is fast track is very lucrative. But on what grounds do you think Offenburg is better than Pfrozheim.

PS : My main focus is on employment. I am already A2 in German. I am certain that i will attain B2 in another year.
aspmba

ok. Point to be noted. I am strictly against comparing programs. Every program has its own benefits and disadvantages. If your German level is A2 , try to make it at least B2 level before your first semester ends. By that time you can start searching for jobs and can have interviews in 2-3 months. No program guarantees jobs. If your german level is good you can start finding internships for sure irrespective of programs. I have seen people in forums talking about personal experience that even passing from a not an Internationally accredited courses , they have secured an internship and then a job and also have evidence that people struggling for years after passing out from AASCB accredited courses.

ok. Point to be noted. I am strictly against comparing programs. Every program has its own benefits and disadvantages. If your German level is A2 , try to make it at least B2 level before your first semester ends. By that time you can start searching for jobs and can have interviews in 2-3 months. No program guarantees jobs. If your german level is good you can start finding internships for sure irrespective of programs. I have seen people in forums talking about personal experience that even passing from a not an Internationally accredited courses , they have secured an internship and then a job and also have evidence that people struggling for years after passing out from AASCB accredited courses.
Duncan

There are no guarantees in the life, but the average outcomes differ greatly between different schools. Getting into the best school you can is generally the best advice.

There are no guarantees in the life, but the average outcomes differ greatly between different schools. Getting into the best school you can is generally the best advice.
aspmba

Very interesting ! what is the definition of best ? how many students have you interacted from the so called best schools ? Do some ground level work and you will know how time matters to a student. How much money with what difficulty students arrange to pay for student fees and living costs. there are hundreds factors which would define outcome what is an efficient choice process than just taking data from internet and doing own selection of best schools. N.B. I have ineteracted at least a dozen passed out students in past 6 months.

Very interesting ! what is the definition of best ? how many students have you interacted from the so called best schools ? Do some ground level work and you will know how time matters to a student. How much money with what difficulty students arrange to pay for student fees and living costs. there are hundreds factors which would define outcome what is an efficient choice process than just taking data from internet and doing own selection of best schools. N.B. I have ineteracted at least a dozen passed out students in past 6 months.
Duncan

Personally, I have interacted with thousands of people who have graduated from top MBA programmes but I think you make a good point: the 'best' school depends on the student's individual goals and how motivated they are to become a more competitive candidate. After 6,000 comments on this board, and my professional experience, I have a little insight into that.

That said, I do think there's a very useful paradigm which suits more students than any other approach: to approach this investment the way that an MBA would do. That means calculating the Net Present Value of the options which are both available to you and are compatible with your mission and values. This certainly involves judgement, but it does provide a tool with which we can meaningfully give guidance to each other.

Personally, I have interacted with thousands of people who have graduated from top MBA programmes but I think you make a good point: the 'best' school depends on the student's individual goals and how motivated they are to become a more competitive candidate. After 6,000 comments on this board, and my professional experience, I have a little insight into that.

That said, I do think there's a very useful paradigm which suits more students than any other approach: to approach this investment the way that an MBA would do. That means calculating the Net Present Value of the options which are both available to you and are compatible with your mission and values. This certainly involves judgement, but it does provide a tool with which we can meaningfully give guidance to each other.
leopaari

@Duncan and aspmba

I thank both of you for your valuable feedback.

My major concern is that i want to work in consulting and as i went through the profiles of different students on LinkedIn and other places (including their brochures), i observed that there is hardly anybody from HS Pforzheim into management consulting while there are plenty from HS Offenburg. But those from offenburg had experience in consulting before they joined MBA IBC.

@Duncan and aspmba

I thank both of you for your valuable feedback.

My major concern is that i want to work in consulting and as i went through the profiles of different students on LinkedIn and other places (including their brochures), i observed that there is hardly anybody from HS Pforzheim into management consulting while there are plenty from HS Offenburg. But those from offenburg had experience in consulting before they joined MBA IBC.
Duncan

Yes, the IBS MBA is aimed at consulting, but of course neither of these programmes have most of their alumni in consulting. If you want to transition into consulting, then a better programme (ideally with an internship) will be helpful. Pforzheim alumni seem to get better salaries, but at either school the job search will be your responsibility.

Yes, the IBS MBA is aimed at consulting, but of course neither of these programmes have most of their alumni in consulting. If you want to transition into consulting, then a better programme (ideally with an internship) will be helpful. Pforzheim alumni seem to get better salaries, but at either school the job search will be your responsibility.
aspmba

Hi

Consulting is a very vast field. What kind of consulting you want to get in ? What is your previous experience in that domain ? Which geography you want to work in as a consultant ? In Germany previous experience and your networking skills are very important. If you have proven records and you fit to the environment culturally then you can certainly work as a consultant . In management consulting itself there are several aspects of consulting . 1. Financial consulting . 2 Strategic consulting . 3 Turn around management 4. Quality management etc etc and the list goes on. Any MBA course would give you an insight in to these things. However to work as a consultant you have to walk on any particular path and build your own credentials.

Hi

Consulting is a very vast field. What kind of consulting you want to get in ? What is your previous experience in that domain ? Which geography you want to work in as a consultant ? In Germany previous experience and your networking skills are very important. If you have proven records and you fit to the environment culturally then you can certainly work as a consultant . In management consulting itself there are several aspects of consulting . 1. Financial consulting . 2 Strategic consulting . 3 Turn around management 4. Quality management etc etc and the list goes on. Any MBA course would give you an insight in to these things. However to work as a consultant you have to walk on any particular path and build your own credentials.
leopaari

@aspmba : I have worked as an Shop floor engineer looking after both operations and Maintenance. I am concentrating on Strategic management consulting and Quality Management Consulting ! I am sure i can gel up easily in the environment. I think i should just keep my fingers crossed !!

@aspmba : I have worked as an Shop floor engineer looking after both operations and Maintenance. I am concentrating on Strategic management consulting and Quality Management Consulting ! I am sure i can gel up easily in the environment. I think i should just keep my fingers crossed !!
aspmba

From which schools do you have admission confirmations till now.

From which schools do you have admission confirmations till now.
leopaari

I replied to only HS Offenburg and HS Pforzheim. My main constraint was money

Phoenix22

So finally you are joining which college ?

<blockquote>I replied to only HS Offenburg and HS Pforzheim. My main constraint was money</blockquote>

So finally you are joining which college ?
leopaari

HS Pforzheim

HS Pforzheim

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Gengenbach, Germany 32 Followers 43 Discussions
Full Profile
Pforzheim, Germany 45 Followers 83 Discussions

Other Related Content

MBA Programs in Germany: A Gateway to Europe

Article May 20, 2013

How an emerging class of top German business schools is helping international students tap into the country's growing economy

Hot Discussions