MBA From Germany. Which Colleges to Apply.

Phoenix22

Hi friends,

I am appearing for GMAT in Oct 2013 and Planning for an MBA in 2014. I have more than 5 years of exp.

I am getting targeting GMAT score 670+ (Currently getting 630+ with 2.7 months to go for G-day)
These are my target colleges:
Mannheim Business School
WHU
HHL
GISMA (Not convinced about its reputation yet, trying to get more info on it)

However I do not have any international experience so I am also considering below colleges other reason being less tuition fee.
Pforzheim University
Esslingen University
(I considered Reutlingen University here before but it seems its program is in German lang)
Could you please suggest some colleges similar to Pforzheim /Esslingen....

I will keep updating this post as and when I could get some additional info...

Hi friends,

I am appearing for GMAT in Oct 2013 and Planning for an MBA in 2014. I have more than 5 years of exp.

I am getting targeting GMAT score 670+ (Currently getting 630+ with 2.7 months to go for G-day)
These are my target colleges:
Mannheim Business School
WHU
HHL
GISMA (Not convinced about its reputation yet, trying to get more info on it)

However I do not have any international experience so I am also considering below colleges other reason being less tuition fee.
Pforzheim University
Esslingen University
(I considered Reutlingen University here before but it seems its program is in German lang)
Could you please suggest some colleges similar to Pforzheim /Esslingen....

I will keep updating this post as and when I could get some additional info...
Duncan

The higher salaries from the top schools will pay for the difference in fees in less than a year; go to the best school you can.

GISMA is being reorganised, so it may not have an intake next year.

Why Germany? Your comment about Reutlingen makes me thing that your German isn't great.

The higher salaries from the top schools will pay for the difference in fees in less than a year; go to the best school you can.

GISMA is being reorganised, so it may not have an intake next year.

Why Germany? Your comment about Reutlingen makes me thing that your German isn't great.
Phoenix22

Thanks for your reply...

Why Germany?
Some of my friends had VISA woes while doing a MBA from colleges in USA, so I am not applying to USA. cost is another factor.
Germany has strong economy(at least as of now ) and I would like to work there for 3-5 years before returning back to my country. It seems Germany offers good job opportunity ( I understand importance of German Lang here) and simple,easy and fair visa rules as well.

and yes, you are right, I have zero knowledge in German lang as of now. I will be applying for programs starting in Sept 2014 which gives me more than a year to learn German Lang till B1/B2 level.
Could you please let me know how is Pforzheim for Technology people who wish to stay in similar industry?
Also Could you please let me know what is the avg salary post MBA for person having 6 ys of exp in Technology Industry from (1). MBS/HHL/WHU & (2). Pforzheim /essligen or similar colleges. (I know this is very difficult question to answer but If possible please do let me know approximate values)

Thanks

Thanks for your reply...

Why Germany?
Some of my friends had VISA woes while doing a MBA from colleges in USA, so I am not applying to USA. cost is another factor.
Germany has strong economy(at least as of now ) and I would like to work there for 3-5 years before returning back to my country. It seems Germany offers good job opportunity ( I understand importance of German Lang here) and simple,easy and fair visa rules as well.

and yes, you are right, I have zero knowledge in German lang as of now. I will be applying for programs starting in Sept 2014 which gives me more than a year to learn German Lang till B1/B2 level.
Could you please let me know how is Pforzheim for Technology people who wish to stay in similar industry?
Also Could you please let me know what is the avg salary post MBA for person having 6 ys of exp in Technology Industry from (1). MBS/HHL/WHU & (2). Pforzheim /essligen or similar colleges. (I know this is very difficult question to answer but If possible please do let me know approximate values)

Thanks
Duncan

Pforzheim is pretty good for functional managers in technology roles. I guess salaries there will be around 45k or so... around what what you'd get from the top schools, so not really MBA roles but competing with MSc graduates with similar experience. Language skills will be key.

Pforzheim is pretty good for functional managers in technology roles. I guess salaries there will be around 45k or so... around what what you'd get from the top schools, so not really MBA roles but competing with MSc graduates with similar experience. Language skills will be key.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Hannover, Germany 20 Followers 66 Discussions
Leipzig, Germany 70 Followers 196 Discussions
Düsseldorf, Germany 80 Followers 206 Discussions
Mannheim, Germany 80 Followers 220 Discussions
Esslingen, Germany 40 Followers 46 Discussions
Full Profile
Pforzheim, Germany 45 Followers 83 Discussions

Other Related Content

MBA Programs in Germany: Don't Let The Rankings Fool You

Article Sep 27, 2010

Germany's ambitious business schools are set to compete in Europe and globally

Top 10 MBA Programs in Germany

Top List

Looking for an MBA in Germany? Check out FIND MBA's Top 10 Lists of the best MBAs in Germany.