MBA from Georg Simon Ohm Management Institute (GSO-MI)?

duttada18

Hello everyone,
Trust you are all doing well.

I got admitted to GSO-MI MBA program in Germany with a scholarship. I have researched and contacted one of the Alumni as well. He is satisfied with the program and currently doing a job in Dusseldorf.
Can any please please tell me any feedback if you have for this MBA program? I am kind of confused with its reputation as I saw some mixed responses on this website only.

Any information will be valuable...

Best Regards..

Hello everyone,
Trust you are all doing well.

I got admitted to GSO-MI MBA program in Germany with a scholarship. I have researched and contacted one of the Alumni as well. He is satisfied with the program and currently doing a job in Dusseldorf.
Can any please please tell me any feedback if you have for this MBA program? I am kind of confused with its reputation as I saw some mixed responses on this website only.

Any information will be valuable...

Best Regards..
Duncan

That is a cute little school. Some friends of mine had their wedding reception there. The German Fachhochschule like the Ohm school are at a lower level of standing in German society. I do think that's a disadvantage with blue-chip, international employers in consulting and finance. Of course, not everyone wants that. If you're interesting in working in Bavaria, in industrial or technology companies, then it's fine.

That is a cute little school. Some friends of mine had their wedding reception there. The German Fachhochschule like the Ohm school are at a lower level of standing in German society. I do think that's a disadvantage with blue-chip, international employers in consulting and finance. Of course, not everyone wants that. If you're interesting in working in Bavaria, in industrial or technology companies, then it's fine.
duttada18

Thanks a lot Duncan..It really helps..

Best Regards..

Thanks a lot Duncan..It really helps..

Best Regards..
ezra

I generally agree with Duncan - an MBA from Georg Simon might give you some employment advantages regionally, but the school doesn't have any framework for or placement relationships with larger or international employers.

If you're interested in schools in Germany, I'd urge you to check out this article to see what some of the other offerings are:

http://www.find-mba.com/article/279/mba-programs-in-germany-dont-let-the-rankings-fool-you

I'd also encourage you to look at schools that have international accreditation, as this is a sign that the school has a decent curriculum and will be recognized by potential employers. Here are some in Germany to get you started:

EBS
Manheim
WHU
Cologne Business School

I generally agree with Duncan - an MBA from Georg Simon might give you some employment advantages regionally, but the school doesn't have any framework for or placement relationships with larger or international employers.

If you're interested in schools in Germany, I'd urge you to check out this article to see what some of the other offerings are:

http://www.find-mba.com/article/279/mba-programs-in-germany-dont-let-the-rankings-fool-you

I'd also encourage you to look at schools that have international accreditation, as this is a sign that the school has a decent curriculum and will be recognized by potential employers. Here are some in Germany to get you started:

EBS
Manheim
WHU
Cologne Business School
Duncan

Ezra, you can't mean Cologne Business School, the University of Hertfordshire franchise, can you? Surely you mean the FT-ranked University of Cologne, Faculty of Management http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/university-of-cologne-faculty-of-management/masters-in-management-2011#masters-in-management-2011

I think higher up the list should be HHL and GISMA.

Ezra, you can't mean Cologne Business School, the University of Hertfordshire franchise, can you? Surely you mean the FT-ranked University of Cologne, Faculty of Management http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/university-of-cologne-faculty-of-management/masters-in-management-2011#masters-in-management-2011

I think higher up the list should be HHL and GISMA.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Hannover, Germany 20 Followers 66 Discussions
Leipzig, Germany 70 Followers 196 Discussions
Düsseldorf, Germany 80 Followers 207 Discussions
Mannheim, Germany 80 Followers 221 Discussions
Oestrich-Winkel, Germany 23 Followers 73 Discussions
Köln, Germany 13 Followers 23 Discussions

Other Related Content

MBA Programs in Germany: Don't Let The Rankings Fool You

Article Sep 27, 2010

Germany's ambitious business schools are set to compete in Europe and globally