MBA at Esslingen

Hello everyone,

I did my engineering in mechanical with a CGPA of 9.2 and have a GRE score of 308.
I have worked for 2 years in my father's company and wish to apply for the MBA program in Industrial Management at Esslingen University. I would like to know my chances in getting an admission at Esslingen.

Regards,
Sarthak

Hello everyone,

I did my engineering in mechanical with a CGPA of 9.2 and have a GRE score of 308.
I have worked for 2 years in my father's company and wish to apply for the MBA program in Industrial Management at Esslingen University. I would like to know my chances in getting an admission at Esslingen.

Regards,
Sarthak
Duncan

Since you don't mention having even a basic qualification in Germany, the odds are against you. http://www.hs-esslingen.de/en/the-university/faculties/graduate-school/masters-programs/mba-in-international-industrial-management/how-to-apply.html

Since you don't mention having even a basic qualification in Germany, the odds are against you. http://www.hs-esslingen.de/en/the-university/faculties/graduate-school/masters-programs/mba-in-international-industrial-management/how-to-apply.html

Hi Duncan,
i have completed my masters from University of Hertfordshire (MSc Aerospace Engineering) U.K , after masters i have worked in INDIA for 2 years on Aerospace domain , now i am planning to do MBA in Industrial Management at Esslingen University. as it is pretty cheaper compare to other universities in germany , i have GRE score of 1080 out of 1600 , what are the chances of getting the job after my graduation ? do you think its the right step i am taking to join the Esslingen University?, will my work experience & master degree would help me out to fetch a job in Germany ?

can you please give few suggestions as it would be very helpful for me.

regards
shiva

Hi Duncan,
i have completed my masters from University of Hertfordshire (MSc Aerospace Engineering) U.K , after masters i have worked in INDIA for 2 years on Aerospace domain , now i am planning to do MBA in Industrial Management at Esslingen University. as it is pretty cheaper compare to other universities in germany , i have GRE score of 1080 out of 1600 , what are the chances of getting the job after my graduation ? do you think its the right step i am taking to join the Esslingen University?, will my work experience & master degree would help me out to fetch a job in Germany ?

can you please give few suggestions as it would be very helpful for me.

regards
shiva
Duncan

I think there are good chance of employment after the Esslingen MBA for students with fluent German. See: Do you need to speak the local language? www.find-mba.com/board/34713

I think there are good chance of employment after the Esslingen MBA for students with fluent German. See: Do you need to speak the local language? www.find-mba.com/board/34713
Razors Edg...

It might be too late at this point, I don't know where you are in your application schedule, but another option could be HHL Leipzig, which is listed as a "top school for a career in industrial management and manufacturing" here:

http://find-mba.com/lists/top-business-school-by-speciality/top-business-schools-for-a-career-in-industrial-management-and-manufacturing

That's if you're looking for other options. I'm honestly not sure which would be a better fit for you without a clear sense of your goals.

It might be too late at this point, I don't know where you are in your application schedule, but another option could be HHL Leipzig, which is listed as a "top school for a career in industrial management and manufacturing" here:

http://find-mba.com/lists/top-business-school-by-speciality/top-business-schools-for-a-career-in-industrial-management-and-manufacturing

That's if you're looking for other options. I'm honestly not sure which would be a better fit for you without a clear sense of your goals.
MBAmate

Hi Shiva

Do apply to other MBA programs in the region as well. Apart from Esslingen Apply to IBC MBA program in Offenburg ( 15 months fast track program ) course fee is affordable and living costs are much lower than other programs , HS Pforzheim course fee is also in the similar range but 2 years program , other schools like ESMT , EBS etc are very high in course fees, but at the end the employability after any MBA program will highly depend on your language skills and professional acumen.

Hi Shiva

Do apply to other MBA programs in the region as well. Apart from Esslingen Apply to IBC MBA program in Offenburg ( 15 months fast track program ) course fee is affordable and living costs are much lower than other programs , HS Pforzheim course fee is also in the similar range but 2 years program , other schools like ESMT , EBS etc are very high in course fees, but at the end the employability after any MBA program will highly depend on your language skills and professional acumen.
badux

The Pforzheim program is great, and the school is accredited by AACSB International. However, I think that without German language skills, it's really hard to land a job after an MBA in Germany. With a ranked MBA program (ESMT, Mannheim), at least you'd have a broader network and better career services.

The Pforzheim program is great, and the school is accredited by AACSB International. However, I think that without German language skills, it's really hard to land a job after an MBA in Germany. With a ranked MBA program (ESMT, Mannheim), at least you'd have a broader network and better career services.
Robyn

Just to add on to what ashok and badux said: it is very important to speak good German at least by the time you graduate. If you are mainly considering MBA programs at this price range, I also recommend the Pforzheim MBA program, which is AACSB accredited and has an integrated (and free) German course.

Just to add on to what ashok and badux said: it is very important to speak good German at least by the time you graduate. If you are mainly considering MBA programs at this price range, I also recommend the Pforzheim MBA program, which is AACSB accredited and has an integrated (and free) German course.
maury

I really doubt somebody without any German knowledge can pick up enough of the language in two years while also doing a full-time MBA program.

In any case, most MBA English-language programs in Germany offer German classes, this is not unique to Pforzheim. ESMT has a partnership with Goethe to offer an intensive pre-MBA German course, and then offers language courses throughout the program. Mannheim has German language classes free of charge throughout the program.

I really doubt somebody without any German knowledge can pick up enough of the language in two years while also doing a full-time MBA program.

In any case, most MBA English-language programs in Germany offer German classes, this is not unique to Pforzheim. ESMT has a partnership with Goethe to offer an intensive pre-MBA German course, and then offers language courses throughout the program. Mannheim has German language classes free of charge throughout the program.
Duncan

There is a difference between programmes. Some of the programmes has a German-language requirement before arrival, as Esslingen does. Others will not have enough teaching to go beyond the elementary level.

There is a difference between programmes. Some of the programmes has a German-language requirement before arrival, as Esslingen does. Others will not have enough teaching to go beyond the elementary level.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Leipzig, Germany 70 Followers 196 Discussions
Esslingen, Germany 40 Followers 46 Discussions

Other Related Content

MBA Programs in Germany: A Gateway to Europe

Article May 20, 2013

How an emerging class of top German business schools is helping international students tap into the country's growing economy

Top Business Schools for Industrial Management and Manufacturing

Top List

The manufacturing and industrial sectors are huge (and growing) parts of the global economy. To tap into these lucrative fields, MBA students can pursue related functional concentrations like operations management or supply chain management.