Master in Management in Europe

Hi,

I am Ali from Turkey. I graduated from Comp Sci from METU. I have been working as Software Engineer for 4,5 years in software defence companies for aircarft projects. I have international experience such as conducting formal software integration tests in Boeing Seattle labs. I would like to apply for one year management master degrees or MBA in Europe or USA. I could not find any one year MBA program in USA and master degrees/certificates are too expensive for me. I am looking for max 10000 euro for a year.

Here are my findings,
1 Msc Management in VUB Brussels
2 Carlos III Aircraft System Integration sponsored by EADS
3 MBA in VUB
4 Strategic Project Management Erasmus Mundus
5 Antwerp Innovation Management
5 MBA in Pisa
6 USA

As I have been working defence company, second choice is more suitable to learn system integration which leads me to project manager in the future and EADS factor. However, due to tuition fee of school, Spain economic crisis and other choices make me little confused. Could you give me advise for especially 1,2 and 4?

Thanks
Ali

Hi,

I am Ali from Turkey. I graduated from Comp Sci from METU. I have been working as Software Engineer for 4,5 years in software defence companies for aircarft projects. I have international experience such as conducting formal software integration tests in Boeing Seattle labs. I would like to apply for one year management master degrees or MBA in Europe or USA. I could not find any one year MBA program in USA and master degrees/certificates are too expensive for me. I am looking for max 10000 euro for a year.

Here are my findings,
1 Msc Management in VUB Brussels
2 Carlos III Aircraft System Integration sponsored by EADS
3 MBA in VUB
4 Strategic Project Management Erasmus Mundus
5 Antwerp Innovation Management
5 MBA in Pisa
6 USA

As I have been working defence company, second choice is more suitable to learn system integration which leads me to project manager in the future and EADS factor. However, due to tuition fee of school, Spain economic crisis and other choices make me little confused. Could you give me advise for especially 1,2 and 4?

Thanks
Ali
Duncan

I think this depends on your goal. The MASI course is certainly the one with the most certain career outcomes, but it's not a degree in management. I think you need to decide which direction to want to go in: systems or management?

I think this depends on your goal. The MASI course is certainly the one with the most certain career outcomes, but it's not a degree in management. I think you need to decide which direction to want to go in: systems or management?

Thank you for your response Duncan.

Actually, I have been searching for one year programs in Europe and USA. I came up programs that I listed above with less tuition fee . My main goal is to pursue technical management programs. Innovation management, aircraft or any project management related with software and system management are main interest areas of mine.

MASI program has very good cirriculum and internship opportunity but as I said before economic crysis in Spain and tuition of the program which is 10000 euro are making me confused. I choose this program because it has project management courses. What do you think about MASI program in that manner? Is Spain good for education in this crisis? How is employment for non-eu students?

On the other hand, as I have been working in defence area, according to my researh Brussel has more opportunities such NATO etc and VUB program costs only at max 2000 euro. However, I don't know any French and Dutch. How is Brussels non eu employment rate? Do you suggest VUB Msc Management program? How is employment rate after graduating of VUB Management program?

I also got accepted from Strategic Project Management program and this year I will apply for scholarship. It is 16-month program and this program has close relationship with BAE and other defence companies. This program's tuition is also 15000 euro. What do you think about this program? Is it worth to study?

Thanks
Ali

Thank you for your response Duncan.

Actually, I have been searching for one year programs in Europe and USA. I came up programs that I listed above with less tuition fee . My main goal is to pursue technical management programs. Innovation management, aircraft or any project management related with software and system management are main interest areas of mine.

MASI program has very good cirriculum and internship opportunity but as I said before economic crysis in Spain and tuition of the program which is 10000 euro are making me confused. I choose this program because it has project management courses. What do you think about MASI program in that manner? Is Spain good for education in this crisis? How is employment for non-eu students?

On the other hand, as I have been working in defence area, according to my researh Brussel has more opportunities such NATO etc and VUB program costs only at max 2000 euro. However, I don't know any French and Dutch. How is Brussels non eu employment rate? Do you suggest VUB Msc Management program? How is employment rate after graduating of VUB Management program?

I also got accepted from Strategic Project Management program and this year I will apply for scholarship. It is 16-month program and this program has close relationship with BAE and other defence companies. This program's tuition is also 15000 euro. What do you think about this program? Is it worth to study?

Thanks
Ali

<blockquote>I think this depends on your goal. The MASI course is certainly the one with the most certain career outcomes, but it's not a degree in management. I think you need to decide which direction to want to go in: systems or management?</blockquote>
Optidorf

Be aware that the MSc. in management at VUB you're talking about is not the same as the Solvay degree which is mentioned in the master of management ranking of the FT. In Belgium the MSc. in management is mostly considered an intermediary degree that leads to another degree Applied Economic Sciences, which is deemed much more valueble. Hence the MSc. in management isn't exactly a very good investment.

I think the MSc. in International Management at Erasmus (Rotterdam, Netherlands) is probably a much better investment while it costs only a little bit more (1850 euro a year).

Be aware that the MSc. in management at VUB you're talking about is not the same as the Solvay degree which is mentioned in the master of management ranking of the FT. In Belgium the MSc. in management is mostly considered an intermediary degree that leads to another degree Applied Economic Sciences, which is deemed much more valueble. Hence the MSc. in management isn't exactly a very good investment.

I think the MSc. in International Management at Erasmus (Rotterdam, Netherlands) is probably a much better investment while it costs only a little bit more (1850 euro a year).

Thanks Optidorf for your answer.

As I am non-eu student, Rotterdam tuition fee for me is 15000 euro or smt like that. Because of that it is kinda expensive for me. My main interests are master in management, innovation management, technology management or software management. Also I have been in defence business area, what type of specific defence software or aircraft system management programs can you suggest? Which MIM programs can you suggest for me in France, Germany, Netherlands and Brussels not exceeding 15000 euro (including live costs)?

Thanks
Ali

Thanks Optidorf for your answer.

As I am non-eu student, Rotterdam tuition fee for me is 15000 euro or smt like that. Because of that it is kinda expensive for me. My main interests are master in management, innovation management, technology management or software management. Also I have been in defence business area, what type of specific defence software or aircraft system management programs can you suggest? Which MIM programs can you suggest for me in France, Germany, Netherlands and Brussels not exceeding 15000 euro (including live costs)?

Thanks
Ali

<blockquote>Be aware that the MSc. in management at VUB you're talking about is not the same as the Solvay degree which is mentioned in the master of management ranking of the FT. In Belgium the MSc. in management is mostly considered an intermediary degree that leads to another degree Applied Economic Sciences, which is deemed much more valueble. Hence the MSc. in management isn't exactly a very good investment.

I think the MSc. in International Management at Erasmus (Rotterdam, Netherlands) is probably a much better investment while it costs only a little bit more (1850 euro a year). </blockquote>
Duncan

A quick comment on the programme at Carlos III. That programme has 100% employment, almost all of it in the EADS ecosystem. NATO is in Brussels, but there's not much defence engineering around there.

The FT ranking shows the fees. Why are you asking someone else to find inexpensive programmes for you? If you are not motivated to do this yourself then perhaps you should take an easier path?

A quick comment on the programme at Carlos III. That programme has 100% employment, almost all of it in the EADS ecosystem. NATO is in Brussels, but there's not much defence engineering around there.

The FT ranking shows the fees. Why are you asking someone else to find inexpensive programmes for you? If you are not motivated to do this yourself then perhaps you should take an easier path?

Thank you for your comment Duncan although it is kinda in a bad way.

As far as I know, rankings only show EU tuition fees not Non-Eu fees so I have been going each school web sites one by one. I may miss important course which is newly created or placed another list, because of that I asked. I am the most motivated person because I have been searching that kind of programs for three years every day try not to miss good master programs and every time I look new program may be opened such MASI or their tuition fees may be updated.

I do not understand what you mean by easier path but I would like to apply programs for 2014 and I have only 8-9 months to decide. I most probably apply to MASI program by the help of your comment for employability thank you for that. I just want to know other options thats all. What I mean is MIM programs in Europe. I forget to tell, I am also doing Software Engineering Master and I have IELTS 6.5 no GMAT score. Can you advise any program for my profile in Europe zone other than my list?

Thank you for your comment Duncan although it is kinda in a bad way.

As far as I know, rankings only show EU tuition fees not Non-Eu fees so I have been going each school web sites one by one. I may miss important course which is newly created or placed another list, because of that I asked. I am the most motivated person because I have been searching that kind of programs for three years every day try not to miss good master programs and every time I look new program may be opened such MASI or their tuition fees may be updated.

I do not understand what you mean by easier path but I would like to apply programs for 2014 and I have only 8-9 months to decide. I most probably apply to MASI program by the help of your comment for employability thank you for that. I just want to know other options thats all. What I mean is MIM programs in Europe. I forget to tell, I am also doing Software Engineering Master and I have IELTS 6.5 no GMAT score. Can you advise any program for my profile in Europe zone other than my list?

<blockquote>A quick comment on the programme at Carlos III. That programme has 100% employment, almost all of it in the EADS ecosystem. NATO is in Brussels, but there's not much defence engineering around there.

The FT ranking shows the fees. Why are you asking someone else to find inexpensive programmes for you? If you are not motivated to do this yourself then perhaps you should take an easier path?</blockquote>
Duncan

I don't think a MiM is a good route for your career goal of working technology management, software development and aerospace. Engineering companies will want to recruit those people from engineering schools, and the best schools for aviation companies will be close to their main production sites. In Europe, that means EADS and BAE (doesn't it)? So the MASI programme must be the best path to your goal.

I just don't understand why you are looking at business schools rather than engineering schools.

I don't think a MiM is a good route for your career goal of working technology management, software development and aerospace. Engineering companies will want to recruit those people from engineering schools, and the best schools for aviation companies will be close to their main production sites. In Europe, that means EADS and BAE (doesn't it)? So the MASI programme must be the best path to your goal.

I just don't understand why you are looking at business schools rather than engineering schools.

Thanks Duncan for your answer.

Actually, I would like to change my career to business part in two- three years because of that I am looking engineering related management programs. MASI is good deal for me because as I said it includes management courses. However, my concern is Spanis economic crisis.

What do u think about Munster Information Systems?
https://www.wi.uni-muenster.de/studies/master
or
MSPME program?
http://www.mspme.org/
or
ENAC?
http://www.enac.fr/en/menu/training/advanced-masters/ms-aerospace-project-management
or ICHEC Master in International Business and Management and HUB MBA on Business Information Management?

Thanks
Ali

Thanks Duncan for your answer.

Actually, I would like to change my career to business part in two- three years because of that I am looking engineering related management programs. MASI is good deal for me because as I said it includes management courses. However, my concern is Spanis economic crisis.

What do u think about Munster Information Systems?
https://www.wi.uni-muenster.de/studies/master
or
MSPME program?
http://www.mspme.org/
or
ENAC?
http://www.enac.fr/en/menu/training/advanced-masters/ms-aerospace-project-management
or ICHEC Master in International Business and Management and HUB MBA on Business Information Management?

Thanks
Ali
Duncan

The programme has a 100% employment rate, so clearly at the 'micro' level this programme is working well. It's in English and serves a European labour market.

ENAC is also a great choice, for similar reasons.These will give you the best chances of employment, especially because they are both focussed on international employers.

Muenster is a great school, but I think you'd need B2-level German before you started to really stand a good chance of finding work with the employers they serve. I don't think MSPMA claims, or offers, especially strong career services. Don't consider the HUB: it will not help you meet your goals.

The programme has a 100% employment rate, so clearly at the 'micro' level this programme is working well. It's in English and serves a European labour market.

ENAC is also a great choice, for similar reasons.These will give you the best chances of employment, especially because they are both focussed on international employers.

Muenster is a great school, but I think you'd need B2-level German before you started to really stand a good chance of finding work with the employers they serve. I don't think MSPMA claims, or offers, especially strong career services. Don't consider the HUB: it will not help you meet your goals.

Thank you very much for your help Duncan.

I will definitely use your advise to choose my next education. I would like to ask about another programs if you don't mind.

What dou think about these programs?
Cork University Innovation in European Business
http://www.ucc.ie/en/ckl25/
ESIEE Paris Management of technology, information systems
http://www.esiee.fr/en/inter_programs/msc_motis.php
Solvay Business School Executive It Management
http://www.solvay.edu/executive-master-it-management
and finaly USA sertificate programs which are placed in Berkeley etension etc.

I know, I am asking too much question related to programs but I could not find any expert comments on these programs.

Thanks
Ali

Thank you very much for your help Duncan.

I will definitely use your advise to choose my next education. I would like to ask about another programs if you don't mind.

What dou think about these programs?
Cork University Innovation in European Business
http://www.ucc.ie/en/ckl25/
ESIEE Paris Management of technology, information systems
http://www.esiee.fr/en/inter_programs/msc_motis.php
Solvay Business School Executive It Management
http://www.solvay.edu/executive-master-it-management
and finaly USA sertificate programs which are placed in Berkeley etension etc.

I know, I am asking too much question related to programs but I could not find any expert comments on these programs.

Thanks
Ali

<blockquote>The programme has a 100% employment rate, so clearly at the 'micro' level this programme is working well. It's in English and serves a European labour market.

Muenster is a great school, but I think you'd need B2-level German before you started to really stand a good chance of finding work with the employers they serve. I don't think MSPMA claims, or offers, especially strong career services. Don't consider the HUB: it will not help you meet your goals. </blockquote>
Duncan

These programmes will not help you to meet your goals.

These programmes will not help you to meet your goals.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Brussels, Belgium 21 Followers 23 Discussions
Rotterdam, Netherlands 80 Followers 224 Discussions
Antwerp, Belgium 12 Followers 12 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 48 Followers 82 Discussions
Pisa, Italy 44 Followers 19 Discussions

Other Related Content

Master in Management Programs Versus MBAs

Article Apr 02, 2013

Want to study business, but don't have work experience? An MSc or MiM might be right for you

Hot Discussions