Mannheim vs. WHU

Jake33

A question to the people who know about the job prospects and school reputations in Germany: Would a MBA at Mannheim or WHU be better? Or about the same?

A question to the people who know about the job prospects and school reputations in Germany: Would a MBA at Mannheim or WHU be better? Or about the same?
bajargyan

Mannheim is the Top MBA school in Germany. Given their top ranking in many local and international ranking. Given there triple accreditation they certainly are good in quality.
If you are looking for job in germany after MBA and have knowledge in german language then Mannheim should be your choice...
It has been ranked the top school by the HR managers in germany..
WHU is also a decent school as well.. but when you are comparing it with mannheim..i think mannheim has a slight edge..considering its long history when u incooperate the University of mannheim which is over 100 years old!

Mannheim is the Top MBA school in Germany. Given their top ranking in many local and international ranking. Given there triple accreditation they certainly are good in quality.
If you are looking for job in germany after MBA and have knowledge in german language then Mannheim should be your choice...
It has been ranked the top school by the HR managers in germany..
WHU is also a decent school as well.. but when you are comparing it with mannheim..i think mannheim has a slight edge..considering its long history when u incooperate the University of mannheim which is over 100 years old!
JohnnyL

Hi there,

I can underline what has been said in the last post. Mannheim is the clear No. 1 in Germany and already visible in the international rankings. WHU is No. 2.

Best, JL

Hi there,

I can underline what has been said in the last post. Mannheim is the clear No. 1 in Germany and already visible in the international rankings. WHU is No. 2.

Best, JL
Jake33

Hi there,

Best, JL

With a background in finance and good German knowledge, I'm wondering if a non-european graduate could pretty much get the same job/compensation in Germany going to either school, or if a MBA from Mannheim would be noticeably more advantageous? (Because in some other countries, going to either the #1 or #2 ranked MBA programs will enable graduates to have very similar opportunities in the job market.) It is really hard to get independent and candid information on those 2 schools.

Thanks!

<blockquote>Hi there,

Best, JL</blockquote>

With a background in finance and good German knowledge, I'm wondering if a non-european graduate could pretty much get the same job/compensation in Germany going to either school, or if a MBA from Mannheim would be noticeably more advantageous? (Because in some other countries, going to either the #1 or #2 ranked MBA programs will enable graduates to have very similar opportunities in the job market.) It is really hard to get independent and candid information on those 2 schools.

Thanks!
JohnnyL

HI there,

In my opinion, the gap between the #1 and #2 MBA program in Germany is much larger than e.g. the gap between Wharton and Kellogg, HEC and ESSEC or IE and IESE. Please consider that WHU's flagship program is the EMBA, whereas Mannheim seems to be very strong with its fulltime MBA and EMBA.

If you wish to learn more about the German market, I can highly recommend the MBA coverage of the Financial Times Deutschland, Handelsblatt, Wirtschaftswoche and mba-channel.com.

Best,
JL

HI there,

In my opinion, the gap between the #1 and #2 MBA program in Germany is much larger than e.g. the gap between Wharton and Kellogg, HEC and ESSEC or IE and IESE. Please consider that WHU's flagship program is the EMBA, whereas Mannheim seems to be very strong with its fulltime MBA and EMBA.

If you wish to learn more about the German market, I can highly recommend the MBA coverage of the Financial Times Deutschland, Handelsblatt, Wirtschaftswoche and mba-channel.com.

Best,
JL

Hi,

as the posts look a bit old, I would like to renew the question.
Which MBA full time is better? Mannheim or WHU?

I am currently working in Germany since three years and I would like to start a MBA. The obvious choice (in Germany) is between Mannheim and WHU. Taking into account that I am more interested in general management and my German skills are not super (I am currently B1). What would you suggest?

Thanks

Hi,

as the posts look a bit old, I would like to renew the question.
Which MBA full time is better? Mannheim or WHU?

I am currently working in Germany since three years and I would like to start a MBA. The obvious choice (in Germany) is between Mannheim and WHU. Taking into account that I am more interested in general management and my German skills are not super (I am currently B1). What would you suggest?

Thanks
Duncan

Read through: http://www.find-mba.com/boardsearch/q/WHU+Mannheim Mannheim seems more selective and, certainly, its programme design is much better. Naturally, you need to improve your German. maybe Vallender is a better place to do that?

Read through: http://www.find-mba.com/boardsearch/q/WHU+Mannheim Mannheim seems more selective and, certainly, its programme design is much better. Naturally, you need to improve your German. maybe Vallender is a better place to do that?

Thank you very much for the insight... I keep studying German and next year I plan to be B2. I guess it is enough to start the MBA. Of course, I will continue practising along the course. Hopefully, it is enough.

For what concerns Mannheim, it seems they indeed are more selective. I guess I will apply for both schools. I tried the GMAT the first time and I got 610. Do you think it is ok to apply with such score?

I noticed that WHU offers more options for scholarships, expecially for foreign students.

At the end, it is not clear for me which one "wins" expecially in terms of ROI and future carrier expectations.

Thanks again

Thank you very much for the insight... I keep studying German and next year I plan to be B2. I guess it is enough to start the MBA. Of course, I will continue practising along the course. Hopefully, it is enough.

For what concerns Mannheim, it seems they indeed are more selective. I guess I will apply for both schools. I tried the GMAT the first time and I got 610. Do you think it is ok to apply with such score?

I noticed that WHU offers more options for scholarships, expecially for foreign students.

At the end, it is not clear for me which one "wins" expecially in terms of ROI and future carrier expectations.

Thanks again
Duncan

No, I don't think there's much point applying to Mannheim with 610. Have you looked at GISMA and HHL?

Mannheim will have the higher value (think of NPV, not ROI).

No, I don't think there's much point applying to Mannheim with 610. Have you looked at GISMA and HHL?

Mannheim will have the higher value (think of NPV, not ROI).
toni_1978

If you want to study in Germany then the best choice is Mannheim. There is no compare between Mannheim and WHU. The gap is very big. I've participated at the WHU open day.It was anything else than a business school. You better spend your money and time for something else than taking part at WHU.

If you want to study in Germany then the best choice is Mannheim. There is no compare between Mannheim and WHU. The gap is very big. I've participated at the WHU open day.It was anything else than a business school. You better spend your money and time for something else than taking part at WHU.
Duncan

What does this mean? -- "I've participated at the WHU open day.It was anything else than a business school."

What does this mean? -- "I've participated at the WHU open day.It was anything else than a business school."
ralph

I think that it means he went to campus for an info event and the experience was not up to par for him.

Although I'm not sure you can come to a conclusion about a school based on a single day, without doing any external research...

I think that it means he went to campus for an info event and the experience was not up to par for him.

Although I'm not sure you can come to a conclusion about a school based on a single day, without doing any external research...

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Hannover, Germany 20 Followers 66 Discussions
Leipzig, Germany 70 Followers 196 Discussions
Düsseldorf, Germany 80 Followers 207 Discussions
Mannheim, Germany 80 Followers 221 Discussions

Other Related Content

MBA Programs in Germany: Don't Let The Rankings Fool You

Article Sep 27, 2010

Germany's ambitious business schools are set to compete in Europe and globally

Hot Discussions