Management firms entry mckinsey bcg booz bain

arghya05

I have 7 years of experience in IT consulting in TCS with 3 years of onsite in USA and 2 years of onsite in Germany.
GMAT score 670

I want to do MBA and shift to management consulting firms like mckinsey bcg booz bain in longer run.

I have applied to few colleges in USA and germany
1 Emory business school
2 Texas a & M
3 Geogia Tech MBA
4 Manheein
5 WHU
6 ESMT
8 HLL

I fam doing A2 in german ,and found that top german school like Manheein,WHU and HLL places student in these big 4 farms which can be possible only in top 10 colleges in USA .
Do these German colleges places the student in these firms and how is the credibility of these colleges in germany.
Though i need to improve german,still i am talking in long term. I got these info from Linkedin .but i want to get the authentic information

Can somebody help me with german colleges and decide which one to go USA or germany
I

I have 7 years of experience in IT consulting in TCS with 3 years of onsite in USA and 2 years of onsite in Germany.
GMAT score 670

I want to do MBA and shift to management consulting firms like mckinsey bcg booz bain in longer run.

I have applied to few colleges in USA and germany
1 Emory business school
2 Texas a & M
3 Geogia Tech MBA
4 Manheein
5 WHU
6 ESMT
8 HLL

I fam doing A2 in german ,and found that top german school like Manheein,WHU and HLL places student in these big 4 farms which can be possible only in top 10 colleges in USA .
Do these German colleges places the student in these firms and how is the credibility of these colleges in germany.
Though i need to improve german,still i am talking in long term. I got these info from Linkedin .but i want to get the authentic information

Can somebody help me with german colleges and decide which one to go USA or germany
I
Duncan

The American schools you are applying to are, of course, not major suppliers to the firms you are targeting (http://www.find-mba.com/specializations/56/consulting). In the German context, you are targeting the top German schools. However, they will want people with perfect written and and spoken German. Take a look at Do you need to speak the local language? www.find-mba.com/board/34713

As long as you are studying German full-time, in Germany, then the German path is better. If not, neither strategy is likely to get you to your goal.

The American schools you are applying to are, of course, not major suppliers to the firms you are targeting (http://www.find-mba.com/specializations/56/consulting). In the German context, you are targeting the top German schools. However, they will want people with perfect written and and spoken German. Take a look at Do you need to speak the local language? www.find-mba.com/board/34713

As long as you are studying German full-time, in Germany, then the German path is better. If not, neither strategy is likely to get you to your goal.
arghya05

Do these firms hire from top german school like manheein or other school like HHL or WHU
What is your option of comparing HHL or WHU with manheein.

I also want to know if MBA in HHL or WHU brings same type of career option as manheein.

Do all these school as famous for MSC rathar than MBA,
and Do these companies recurits MSC student rathar than MBA

Do these firms hire from top german school like manheein or other school like HHL or WHU
What is your option of comparing HHL or WHU with manheein.

I also want to know if MBA in HHL or WHU brings same type of career option as manheein.

Do all these school as famous for MSC rathar than MBA,
and Do these companies recurits MSC student rathar than MBA
Duncan

There's so much discussion on these top Germany schools on the Europe board; no need to repeat it here. These three, and ESMT, are the top German schools. They have similar outcomes. Consulting companies recruit MSc and MBA graduates but, of course, MBAs get more senior roles.

There's so much discussion on these top Germany schools on the Europe board; no need to repeat it here. These three, and ESMT, are the top German schools. They have similar outcomes. Consulting companies recruit MSc and MBA graduates but, of course, MBAs get more senior roles.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Atlanta, Georgia 33 Followers 65 Discussions
Full Profile
Berlin, Germany 159 Followers 175 Discussions
Leipzig, Germany 70 Followers 196 Discussions
Düsseldorf, Germany 80 Followers 207 Discussions
Mannheim, Germany 80 Followers 221 Discussions
College Station, Texas 42 Followers 62 Discussions
Atlanta, Georgia 15 Followers 29 Discussions

Other Related Content

Jan 11, 2024

LinkedIn Launches MBA Rankings of US Business Schools

News Jan 11, 2024

MBA Programs in Germany: A Gateway to Europe

Article May 20, 2013

How an emerging class of top German business schools is helping international students tap into the country's growing economy

Top 10 MBAs for Jobs in the Top-Three Strategy Consulting Firms

Top List

Want to land a job with Mckinsey, BCC, or Bain? Then start with this list of MBA programs.

Hot Discussions