Loughborough / Nottingham / Birmingham / Hult

Azaaep

Loughborough University is ranked 6th in Business Studies in 2014 The Guardian Complete University Guide but there is no ranking in its MBA course.

How is this school's MBA programme being rated and its reputation amongst employers? Someone said that It is a polytechnic level instead of university? However, there is a two year programme with internship for 9 months and a summer project in Europe.

What is the comment from all of you?

As it seems the University's overall reputation of Loughborough, Nottingham and Birmingham are quite good within UK, but the MBA course of Nottingham and Birmingham had been within 100 in FT or The Economist in previous years but not now, and Loughborough even has not been on the list.

How to choose between Loughborough, Nottingham, Birmingham and Hult?

Loughborough University is ranked 6th in Business Studies in 2014 The Guardian Complete University Guide but there is no ranking in its MBA course.

How is this school's MBA programme being rated and its reputation amongst employers? Someone said that It is a polytechnic level instead of university? However, there is a two year programme with internship for 9 months and a summer project in Europe.

What is the comment from all of you?

As it seems the University's overall reputation of Loughborough, Nottingham and Birmingham are quite good within UK, but the MBA course of Nottingham and Birmingham had been within 100 in FT or The Economist in previous years but not now, and Loughborough even has not been on the list.

How to choose between Loughborough, Nottingham, Birmingham and Hult?

Duncan

Loughborough is much better than a former polytechnic; it's very strong at the undergraduate level, which is what that ranking is for, but for MBA it does not compete with the other schools you are looking at.

Loughborough is much better than a former polytechnic; it's very strong at the undergraduate level, which is what that ranking is for, but for MBA it does not compete with the other schools you are looking at.
Azaaep

Thank you Duncan.
I just discovered that Loughborough has been accredited by AACSB and is now triple-accredited for their business school.
But none of the above are triple-accredited.

Well, how do you think if to choose between Birmingham and Nottingham, which one would be better?

Thank you Duncan.
I just discovered that Loughborough has been accredited by AACSB and is now triple-accredited for their business school.

Well, how do you think if to choose between Birmingham and Nottingham, which one would be better?

Azaaep

Thank you Duncan.

Thank you Duncan.

Duncan

I would choose Birmingham and Nottingham over Loughborough, despite the triple accreditation. Between the two... well it depends on what your goal is. They (and Aston, Edinburgh and Lancaster) are very close to each other now. I do feel that Birmingham and Edinburgh are on the way up...

I would choose Birmingham and Nottingham over Loughborough, despite the triple accreditation. Between the two... well it depends on what your goal is. They (and Aston, Edinburgh and Lancaster) are very close to each other now. I do feel that Birmingham and Edinburgh are on the way up...

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Birmingham, United Kingdom 35 Followers 283 Discussions
Cambridge, Massachusetts 34 Followers 179 Discussions
Loughborough, United Kingdom 13 Followers 75 Discussions
Nottingham, United Kingdom 27 Followers 180 Discussions

Other Related Content

Beyond London: MBA Programs in England

Article Jun 08, 2012

How MBA programs outside the capital can offer global, practical experience

Hot Discussions