INSEAD MBA good for PhD preparation in the US?

raulchebat

Hello, I am very interested in pursuing a PhD in Operations / Supply Chain Management in the near future, but, given my lack of business background, I found it necessary for me to take up an MBA first.

I was attracted to the INSEAD MBA, because of its solid reputation and challenging academics. Plus, it's just one year in length, so I can apply to PhD programs even before I finish the MBA.

My question is, do you think INSEAD is good for a Supply Chain Management preparation? This is in terms of electives offered in that subject. Or is INSEAD more of a general management school?

I hope you could help me! Thank you.

Raul

Hello, I am very interested in pursuing a PhD in Operations / Supply Chain Management in the near future, but, given my lack of business background, I found it necessary for me to take up an MBA first.

I was attracted to the INSEAD MBA, because of its solid reputation and challenging academics. Plus, it's just one year in length, so I can apply to PhD programs even before I finish the MBA.

My question is, do you think INSEAD is good for a Supply Chain Management preparation? This is in terms of electives offered in that subject. Or is INSEAD more of a general management school?

I hope you could help me! Thank you.

Raul
D.jung

Well, as you say, INSEAD has a really good reputation, and is considered one of the best be schools, so it is a "sure bet" for any one wanting to get a MBA that is recognized everywhere. it would be a really good place to acquire the business knowledge you are lacking. as for the question about this specific field - they are offering a portfolio of more then 80 electives(see here:http://www.insead.edu/mba/learning_at_insead/index.cfm)
i didn't find a list of these on the website, but I'm sure that if you will contact them, they will be happy to give you one!

D.

Well, as you say, INSEAD has a really good reputation, and is considered one of the best be schools, so it is a "sure bet" for any one wanting to get a MBA that is recognized everywhere. it would be a really good place to acquire the business knowledge you are lacking. as for the question about this specific field - they are offering a portfolio of more then 80 electives(see here:http://www.insead.edu/mba/learning_at_insead/index.cfm)
i didn't find a list of these on the website, but I'm sure that if you will contact them, they will be happy to give you one!

D.
raulchebat

Hi D.jung,

Thank you for your input! Yes, INSEAD has an excellent reputation..

Hi D.jung,

Thank you for your input! Yes, INSEAD has an excellent reputation..
Inactive User

You might want to have a look at my reply to your other post.

Or you might not!

You might want to have a look at my reply to your other post.

Or you might not!

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Fontainebleau, France 71 Followers 309 Discussions
Singapore 33 Followers 171 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023