Information about Goethe Business School

envill

Hi,
Please could you give me some information on Goethe Business School-Frankfurt. This is the first year for their full-time MBA. Any insights on the program and their career services ? Also, how would you rate GISMA, HHL and Goethe ?

I am planning to apply for the 2009 intake (General MBA). Your suggestions would be very helpful. I have three years of work exp in the IT-industry.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
Please could you give me some information on Goethe Business School-Frankfurt. This is the first year for their full-time MBA. Any insights on the program and their career services ? Also, how would you rate GISMA, HHL and Goethe ?

I am planning to apply for the 2009 intake (General MBA). Your suggestions would be very helpful. I have three years of work exp in the IT-industry.

Thanks in advance.
JohnnyL

Hi there,

Goethe is part of the University of Frankfurt. They are AACSB accredited, their research reputation is good, but they are not very experienced in the MBA market. Last year, Duke cancelled their not very successful partnership with Goethe in the EMBA program.

I would rate them on one level with HHL - a solid program and school, but they do not have the potential to reach a good position in the FT, BW or Economist ranking (in contrast to Mannheim and St. Gallen, the clear top schools in the German speaking region). GISMA is clear behind those schools.

Best,
JL

Hi there,

Goethe is part of the University of Frankfurt. They are AACSB accredited, their research reputation is good, but they are not very experienced in the MBA market. Last year, Duke cancelled their not very successful partnership with Goethe in the EMBA program.

I would rate them on one level with HHL - a solid program and school, but they do not have the potential to reach a good position in the FT, BW or Economist ranking (in contrast to Mannheim and St. Gallen, the clear top schools in the German speaking region). GISMA is clear behind those schools.

Best,
JL

envill

Hey JohnnyL,

Thank you for your response. I totally agree with the fact that HHL does not compete with likes of St. Gallen or Mannheim, but considering the current economic scenario do you think HHL to be a good bet in terms of 'ROI' ? Do you have any idea about HHLs repute in terms of placement/career services ?

Hey JohnnyL,

Thank you for your response. I totally agree with the fact that HHL does not compete with likes of St. Gallen or Mannheim, but considering the current economic scenario do you think HHL to be a good bet in terms of 'ROI' ? Do you have any idea about HHLs repute in terms of placement/career services ?

deutscher

Hi envill,

2 friends of mine studied at HHL. HHL has a bunch of companies that are hiring their alumnies at company presentations, through HHL resume books, etc. These used to be mainly from consulting and investment banking (e.g. McKinsey, Roland Berger, Deutsche Bank), I don't know whether the situation changed due to the crisis.

There is also an annual MBA career fair (see http://www.mba-career-fair.de) which is a joint initiative of St.Gallen, HHL and GISMA (they bring there alumni, students and invite companies).

EU citizens at HHL don't have any problems with placement but for others it usually depends on their knowledge of German language (it should be at least fluent).

Hi envill,

2 friends of mine studied at HHL. HHL has a bunch of companies that are hiring their alumnies at company presentations, through HHL resume books, etc. These used to be mainly from consulting and investment banking (e.g. McKinsey, Roland Berger, Deutsche Bank), I don't know whether the situation changed due to the crisis.

There is also an annual MBA career fair (see http://www.mba-career-fair.de) which is a joint initiative of St.Gallen, HHL and GISMA (they bring there alumni, students and invite companies).

EU citizens at HHL don't have any problems with placement but for others it usually depends on their knowledge of German language (it should be at least fluent).
qnpham

Hi,
Goethe BS was/is on my list as well. I'm an experienced professional with 5 years of work experience and looking for an MBA program in Germany.

My top choices so far are:
Mannheim
Goethe
WHU

Does anyone have more information on Goethe? It seems to be the one that is fitting my profile at the moment.

Hi,
Goethe BS was/is on my list as well. I'm an experienced professional with 5 years of work experience and looking for an MBA program in Germany.

My top choices so far are:
Mannheim
Goethe
WHU

Does anyone have more information on Goethe? It seems to be the one that is fitting my profile at the moment.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Hannover, Germany 20 Followers 66 Discussions
Leipzig, Germany 70 Followers 196 Discussions
Mannheim, Germany 80 Followers 221 Discussions
St. Gallen, Switzerland 44 Followers 142 Discussions

Hot Discussions