HWR - Master of Arts - International Marketing Management

Hello everyone!

I’ve been planning to do a MBA overseas since I finished my bachelor degree in Communications – Marketing in 2012 at very prestigious university from Brazil called ESPM. I also have a diploma in Commerce – Marketing from UNSW (University of New South Wales – Sydney) and a diploma in Business – Marketing from Megt Institute Sydney.

Currently I live in Brazil and as our economy isn’t doing really well at the moment, I find it impossible to pay for a MBA at some well known universities and live there for 18 months without working. I would love to go to IE, IESE, ST Gallen or any other top university. But unfortunately I can’t afford it!

A couple of weeks ago I heard about German universities having a NO fee policy for international students so I started searching the web for it. The best option I found so far is the HWR - Master of Arts - International Marketing Management. But it’s been pretty hard to find more information about this university. So I wonder if anyone over here could give me their thoughts on this uni and their masters program. Also if you know any other unis that do not charge fees for international students feel free to post it.

Thanks for your help!

Hello everyone!

I’ve been planning to do a MBA overseas since I finished my bachelor degree in Communications – Marketing in 2012 at very prestigious university from Brazil called ESPM. I also have a diploma in Commerce – Marketing from UNSW (University of New South Wales – Sydney) and a diploma in Business – Marketing from Megt Institute Sydney.

Currently I live in Brazil and as our economy isn’t doing really well at the moment, I find it impossible to pay for a MBA at some well known universities and live there for 18 months without working. I would love to go to IE, IESE, ST Gallen or any other top university. But unfortunately I can’t afford it!

A couple of weeks ago I heard about German universities having a NO fee policy for international students so I started searching the web for it. The best option I found so far is the HWR - Master of Arts - International Marketing Management. But it’s been pretty hard to find more information about this university. So I wonder if anyone over here could give me their thoughts on this uni and their masters program. Also if you know any other unis that do not charge fees for international students feel free to post it.

Thanks for your help!
Duncan

I don't think this is a great school at the MSc level if you want to find work in Germany. The Ohm school in Nueremburg seems to have a much better programme in marketing. Either way, you'll need to learn the language to work there.

I don't think this is a great school at the MSc level if you want to find work in Germany. The Ohm school in Nueremburg seems to have a much better programme in marketing. Either way, you'll need to learn the language to work there.

Hello Duncan, thanks for your reply.

I'm not looking forward to find a job in Germany. After I finish the master I'll probably head back to Brazil or try to find a job in a English speaking country. I just want to go somewhere I can improve my marketing skills and that will make a difference on my CV.

I will check OHM, but since I do not speak German I can only do the masters there if it is taught in English.

Are there any other options you could give me? What is the problem with HWR?

Hello Duncan, thanks for your reply.

I'm not looking forward to find a job in Germany. After I finish the master I'll probably head back to Brazil or try to find a job in a English speaking country. I just want to go somewhere I can improve my marketing skills and that will make a difference on my CV.

I will check OHM, but since I do not speak German I can only do the masters there if it is taught in English.

Are there any other options you could give me? What is the problem with HWR?
Duncan

I don't have enough time to live you a list of options, but f you compare the curricula at the HWR and the Ohm school you will see the difference. The setting also matters: Berlin is a depressed city on the Polish border. The Bavarian cities have a GDP twice as high.

I don't have enough time to live you a list of options, but f you compare the curricula at the HWR and the Ohm school you will see the difference. The setting also matters: Berlin is a depressed city on the Polish border. The Bavarian cities have a GDP twice as high.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Berlin, Germany 30 Followers 69 Discussions

Other Related Content

MBA Programs in Germany: A Gateway to Europe

Article May 20, 2013

How an emerging class of top German business schools is helping international students tap into the country's growing economy

Hot Discussions