How is alma Graduate school?

prime

Hi all,
Can anyone please enlighten how is alma graduate school of management?
I am planning to pursue my MBA in design Fashion and Luxury goods.

Hi all,
Can anyone please enlighten how is alma graduate school of management?
I am planning to pursue my MBA in design Fashion and Luxury goods.
prime

Come on people....please help me...

Come on people....please help me...
lliberto

I'm also interested in applying to Alma's graduate program, and also having trouble finding information beyond what is on the website...

I'm also interested in applying to Alma's graduate program, and also having trouble finding information beyond what is on the website...
prime

Liberto,
Alma graduate school is located at villa guasta villani,which is a bit far from the city.There is only one bus which connects to the school,it wont be a problem if you have your own transport.
I suggest you to come and visit bologna and alma graduate school before you enroll in the program.The addmission process will start from march next year and the program will start from sep 2010.

Liberto,
Alma graduate school is located at villa guasta villani,which is a bit far from the city.There is only one bus which connects to the school,it wont be a problem if you have your own transport.
I suggest you to come and visit bologna and alma graduate school before you enroll in the program.The addmission process will start from march next year and the program will start from sep 2010.
andos

Hi all!
Could you please offer some details about any of the MBA programs of ALMA Graduate School (e.g. professors, courses, job opportunities afterwards, etc.)?
Many thanks.

Hi all!
Could you please offer some details about any of the MBA programs of ALMA Graduate School (e.g. professors, courses, job opportunities afterwards, etc.)?
Many thanks.
lliberto

Hi, I am currently a student at Alma and I am writing a blog to share my experiences -
http://almambaexperience.blogspot.com/2011/04/big-decisions.html
As far as the education - courses- professors - it is a great value for the money here. I can't write yet about job opportunities since I am still in school but I can expand on that in a few months once I start working.
- LL

Hi, I am currently a student at Alma and I am writing a blog to share my experiences -
http://almambaexperience.blogspot.com/2011/04/big-decisions.html
As far as the education - courses- professors - it is a great value for the money here. I can't write yet about job opportunities since I am still in school but I can expand on that in a few months once I start working.
- LL
luanna

I agree with lliberto. It's a great value for the money. Also, unlike many of my friends who attended graduate school, there was absolutely no hassle for me to get the loans to pay for it. In addition to scholarships and financial aid, there is also an honor loan that covers up to full-tuition and even ?10k for living expenses. Can't get that anywhere else.

We've had some really great professors who really knew their material. It has been a great experience and I would readily welcome it to anyone who's considering an MBA. They've just started 4 new international MBA programs, all taught in english.

http://www.almaweb.unibo.it/internationalmba

I agree with lliberto. It's a great value for the money. Also, unlike many of my friends who attended graduate school, there was absolutely no hassle for me to get the loans to pay for it. In addition to scholarships and financial aid, there is also an honor loan that covers up to full-tuition and even ?10k for living expenses. Can't get that anywhere else.

We've had some really great professors who really knew their material. It has been a great experience and I would readily welcome it to anyone who's considering an MBA. They've just started 4 new international MBA programs, all taught in english.

http://www.almaweb.unibo.it/internationalmba
Tropic

Hey - this is great that there's more than one thread going about Alma Graduate School! I was thinking about applying to their Design, Fashion and Luxury Goods program, and for scholarships, too. luanna gave some great points, but it might also be a good idea to talk to some alumni to see how the job prospects are after graduation. I'm a little concerned about internships because I don't have any strong work experience when applying. But should anybody have any more insight, I'd love to hear it.

Hey - this is great that there's more than one thread going about Alma Graduate School! I was thinking about applying to their Design, Fashion and Luxury Goods program, and for scholarships, too. luanna gave some great points, but it might also be a good idea to talk to some alumni to see how the job prospects are after graduation. I'm a little concerned about internships because I don't have any strong work experience when applying. But should anybody have any more insight, I'd love to hear it.
prime

@ Tropic,

If you want to get an MBA in DFLG, then Alma graduate school is the right choice. As you would get to learn and interact with leading luxury company managers in reggio emilia, experience is not a problem as far as you are willing to compromise on the entry level position in the company for internship. I wasn't that lucky on inputs when I started this thread. Now you have lot of people giving you good inputs about the course and the school.check out the website for more info...Alma has board of members like Bvlgari, Luxottica, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Ducati, Ferreti, Hogan, furla, Max Mara..Etc what better companies do you want to do your internship with.

All the best :-)

@ Tropic,

If you want to get an MBA in DFLG, then Alma graduate school is the right choice. As you would get to learn and interact with leading luxury company managers in reggio emilia, experience is not a problem as far as you are willing to compromise on the entry level position in the company for internship. I wasn't that lucky on inputs when I started this thread. Now you have lot of people giving you good inputs about the course and the school.check out the website for more info...Alma has board of members like Bvlgari, Luxottica, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Ducati, Ferreti, Hogan, furla, Max Mara..Etc what better companies do you want to do your internship with.

All the best :-)
Tropic

Hi prime, thanks for the encouragement. I have no problem with entry level positions for internships, I was just hoping it was possible to even get one since I have no prior experience. So will you apply for the next round of admissions? Deadline is July 15th.

Hi prime, thanks for the encouragement. I have no problem with entry level positions for internships, I was just hoping it was possible to even get one since I have no prior experience. So will you apply for the next round of admissions? Deadline is July 15th.
prime

Tropic,

Lot of applicants with different backgrounds apply, I suggest you get in touch with the program coordinator and discuss your application. Good luck

Tropic,

Lot of applicants with different backgrounds apply, I suggest you get in touch with the program coordinator and discuss your application. Good luck
pacifist

Hi for all!Alma Graduate School MBA programs appeared 4 years ago. Why this school don't have accreditation? Can anybody explain me?I afraid that without AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS accreditation, Alma's degrees are not as well accepted in traditional MBA employers. But on the other side I read good reviews from alumni. Is the ranking matter for luxury companies?

Hi for all!Alma Graduate School MBA programs appeared 4 years ago. Why this school don't have accreditation? Can anybody explain me?I afraid that without AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS accreditation, Alma's degrees are not as well accepted in traditional MBA employers. But on the other side I read good reviews from alumni. Is the ranking matter for luxury companies?
Duncan

New schools take a long time to get accreditation and, of course, not every programme applied for it. Alma is an EFMD member and I guess it will go for one of their accreditations first.

I don't think luxury companies pay a premium for MBAs.

New schools take a long time to get accreditation and, of course, not every programme applied for it. Alma is an EFMD member and I guess it will go for one of their accreditations first.

I don't think luxury companies pay a premium for MBAs.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Bologna, Italy 39 Followers 26 Discussions