HHL 2014

Bobby

Hello!

Has anyone applied to HHL for the 2014 intake, or plans to apply?

Hello!

Has anyone applied to HHL for the 2014 intake, or plans to apply?

naked

Hey Bobby,

I am currently a student at HHL. Please feel free to ask me any questions if you would like to.

Hey Bobby,

I am currently a student at HHL. Please feel free to ask me any questions if you would like to.
Bobby

Hey Naked,

I have been accepted to the MBA program actually! I was posting to see if anyone else had been accepted yet.

Best,

Bobby

Hey Naked,

I have been accepted to the MBA program actually! I was posting to see if anyone else had been accepted yet.

Best,

Bobby
arghya05

I got accepted still waiting for manheein . Do u have any more calls

I got accepted still waiting for manheein . Do u have any more calls

Bobby

Hey Arghya,

Yes, but I have chosen HHL already. Let me know if you decide to go to HHL as well!

Hey Arghya,

Yes, but I have chosen HHL already. Let me know if you decide to go to HHL as well!
arghya05

I have also finalized hhl but are u an indian.please tell me about hhl and repuation.is is better than whu and manheein

I have also finalized hhl but are u an indian.please tell me about hhl and repuation.is is better than whu and manheein
Bobby

Hey Arghya,

I did not explore WHU, but I do know that HHL and Mannheim are the two best business schools in Germany. Both schools have amazing rankings within Germany. I will become an HHL student so I have chosen my loyalty already haha. Do you know German by chance? I am from the United States but I studied in Germany in 2010, and travel there every year. You will not make a bad choice if you are trying to decide between HHL or MBS, both are great. Let me know which one you choose!

Bobby

Hey Arghya,

I did not explore WHU, but I do know that HHL and Mannheim are the two best business schools in Germany. Both schools have amazing rankings within Germany. I will become an HHL student so I have chosen my loyalty already haha. Do you know German by chance? I am from the United States but I studied in Germany in 2010, and travel there every year. You will not make a bad choice if you are trying to decide between HHL or MBS, both are great. Let me know which one you choose!

Bobby
arghya05

I am connecting with alums can u know about alums regarding placements.i have admit from iowa tippe but i will choose hhl as booz bcg baine mack come to hhl which can be possible for top 10 school in usa like harvard stanford and kellogs i know german a1

I am connecting with alums can u know about alums regarding placements.i have admit from iowa tippe but i will choose hhl as booz bcg baine mack come to hhl which can be possible for top 10 school in usa like harvard stanford and kellogs i know german a1

Bobby

Sorry, I do not know any information in regards to placement statistics than what is online already. I know someone who recently graduated and found a job very fast in Germany. I plan to stay in Germany so the placement is very high, but if you don't plan to stay in Germany, I do not know how easy it will be to find a job.

Sorry, I do not know any information in regards to placement statistics than what is online already. I know someone who recently graduated and found a job very fast in Germany. I plan to stay in Germany so the placement is very high, but if you don't plan to stay in Germany, I do not know how easy it will be to find a job.

Hi what is the minimum ielts requirement for this college .I have 7 overall with no subsection less than 6.5 and my gmat is 610.What are my chances?

Hi what is the minimum ielts requirement for this college .I have 7 overall with no subsection less than 6.5 and my gmat is 610.What are my chances?
arghya05

For indians it is 650 minimum if u have less than 5 years of exp as so many indians applying to germany instead of usa

For indians it is 650 minimum if u have less than 5 years of exp as so many indians applying to germany instead of usa
Inactive User

Hi what is the minimum ielts requirement for this college .

HHL says that you should aim for an overall score of 7.0.

Even though you are within the school's general cohort range of GMAT scores, you'd have much better chances if you scored 650 or higher - 650 is typically the cut-off score to apply for their scholarships.

<blockquote>Hi what is the minimum ielts requirement for this college .</blockquote>
HHL says that you should aim for an overall score of 7.0.

Even though you are within the school's general cohort range of GMAT scores, you'd have much better chances if you scored 650 or higher - 650 is typically the cut-off score to apply for their scholarships.
arghya05

I guess that seats are only 35 to 40 not like US business school of 150. So they may take at max 2 to 3 indians and Indians score high on GMAT.
It much better to give GMAT again and apply, still lot of time left.
Probably you can try Mannheim as they have 60 + seats and they take 13 to 14 indians and they look more on profile.
if you perform well in interview u may get through

I guess that seats are only 35 to 40 not like US business school of 150. So they may take at max 2 to 3 indians and Indians score high on GMAT.
It much better to give GMAT again and apply, still lot of time left.
Probably you can try Mannheim as they have 60 + seats and they take 13 to 14 indians and they look more on profile.
if you perform well in interview u may get through
Bobby

HHL looks at the entire profile as well, and what you can bring to the program. Things other than the GMAT, such as educational and professional background, future plans, English speaking and writing abilities, and of course the interview are just as important. Like it was said above, there is plenty of time. Just get as high as possible on the GMAT as you can, and apply.

HHL looks at the entire profile as well, and what you can bring to the program. Things other than the GMAT, such as educational and professional background, future plans, English speaking and writing abilities, and of course the interview are just as important. Like it was said above, there is plenty of time. Just get as high as possible on the GMAT as you can, and apply.
arghya05

yesterday i got admission in two US colleges
Iowa tippe with 50% tuition waiver
KATZ mba with 30 % tution waiver
I still inclined on HHL as germany has better economy than US and encouraging foreigners.
Still language is a problem i guess

yesterday i got admission in two US colleges
Iowa tippe with 50% tuition waiver
KATZ mba with 30 % tution waiver
I still inclined on HHL as germany has better economy than US and encouraging foreigners.
Still language is a problem i guess
Bobby

Congrats! Yeah the economy in Germany is better, but the environment for MBA's are equal I think. There are a lot of opportunities in the U.S for MBA grads, just like in Germany. It really just depends on where you feel you want to end up. I personally want to live and work in Germany, which is why I will attend a great school like HHL. If you think you would like to end up in the U.S., I would take time to think of which path you would like to take. Language is definitely something to consider. I know HHL has an amazing language program, so keep that in mind. Let me know which one you decide on! Any choice you make will be great, so go celebrate having options haha!

Congrats! Yeah the economy in Germany is better, but the environment for MBA's are equal I think. There are a lot of opportunities in the U.S for MBA grads, just like in Germany. It really just depends on where you feel you want to end up. I personally want to live and work in Germany, which is why I will attend a great school like HHL. If you think you would like to end up in the U.S., I would take time to think of which path you would like to take. Language is definitely something to consider. I know HHL has an amazing language program, so keep that in mind. Let me know which one you decide on! Any choice you make will be great, so go celebrate having options haha!
arghya05

bobby one thing that is important is these colleges are outside top 20 so booze ,mac,baine and BCG do not come to these colleges, but they definitely come to HHl as HHL is in top 3 colleges in USA,so the companies that vizit HHL is similar to top 10 colleges like warton,yale or darden,

bobby one thing that is important is these colleges are outside top 20 so booze ,mac,baine and BCG do not come to these colleges, but they definitely come to HHl as HHL is in top 3 colleges in USA,so the companies that vizit HHL is similar to top 10 colleges like warton,yale or darden,
arghya05

Bobby i connected with a present allum and he suggested not to go to HHL as placements is not that good.

He suggested Manheein or WHU in Germany as present batch is struggling with placements.

Bobby i connected with a present allum and he suggested not to go to HHL as placements is not that good.

He suggested Manheein or WHU in Germany as present batch is struggling with placements.
sinbaddang

I think Manheim or WHU is almost on the same par with HHL in terms of education quality. The point is you need to learn local languages to find a job. And this fact is trully applied everywhere.

I think Manheim or WHU is almost on the same par with HHL in terms of education quality. The point is you need to learn local languages to find a job. And this fact is trully applied everywhere.
arghya05

but the Guy gave very negative review that HHL classes are filled with Indians and there are few people who know about HHL from German industry
And Lepzig is in east Germany so less chance of networking.

but the Guy gave very negative review that HHL classes are filled with Indians and there are few people who know about HHL from German industry
And Lepzig is in east Germany so less chance of networking.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Leipzig, Germany 70 Followers 196 Discussions

Other Related Content

MBA Programs in Germany: A Gateway to Europe

Article May 20, 2013

How an emerging class of top German business schools is helping international students tap into the country's growing economy