GMAT alternative admission test

Urika

Hello everyone,
As part of the exhausting MBA pursuit, I am focusing on Europe and Spain so naturally my eyes are fixed upon HEC, IESE, IE and ESADE. I have heard that some Business schools actually allow GMAT alternatives or internal own admission tests, is it true? If yes in what conditions? and most important which schools offer such an option if any.
Thanks ahead,
Urika

Hello everyone,
As part of the exhausting MBA pursuit, I am focusing on Europe and Spain so naturally my eyes are fixed upon HEC, IESE, IE and ESADE. I have heard that some Business schools actually allow GMAT alternatives or internal own admission tests, is it true? If yes in what conditions? and most important which schools offer such an option if any.
Thanks ahead,
Urika

Razors Edg...

Some do, yes, and for candidates who are interested in only one school which does offer one of these admissions tests, it's not a bad option.

But the reason the GMAT is so widely taken is that it's accepted at nearly every business school in the world. So you just take one test and then send the scores to the schools you want to apply to. Makes it much easier for applicants who want to hedge their bets by applying to two or more schools.

Some do, yes, and for candidates who are interested in only one school which does offer one of these admissions tests, it's not a bad option.

But the reason the GMAT is so widely taken is that it's accepted at nearly every business school in the world. So you just take one test and then send the scores to the schools you want to apply to. Makes it much easier for applicants who want to hedge their bets by applying to two or more schools.
Urika

Thanks, do you know if any of these Uni's:
HEC, IESE, IE or ESADE offer such own admission test?
I know IE did (hope they still do) but what about other top schools in Europe?

Thanks, do you know if any of these Uni's:
HEC, IESE, IE or ESADE offer such own admission test?
I know IE did (hope they still do) but what about other top schools in Europe?
Inactive User

I'm sure that this information is available on the schools' application webpages, no?

I'm sure that this information is available on the schools' application webpages, no?
Razors Edg...

IE does. So does ESADE. Don't think the others do though.

IE does. So does ESADE. Don't think the others do though.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Barcelona, Spain 29 Followers 169 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 114 Followers 368 Discussions
Full Profile
Jouy-en-Josas, France 100 Followers 387 Discussions
Barcelona, Spain 49 Followers 245 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023

Hot Discussions