GMAT 740 - Help with deciding on B Schools Please

sraddha

Hi,

Good Day!

I am an Indian female working in IT since 4 years.
I took the GMAT recently and got a 740. I have not held any managerial positions in my IT stint.

Please help with deciding on the B Schools I can apply to. I am more inclined towards Europe keeping in mind the 1 year duration and ROI.

When I took the exam, I sent my score to INSEAD, HHL Leipzig, Mannhiem and Indian School of Business.

Now, I somehow people telling me that I can apply to 'better' schools...and also a lot about Germany being not such a great place for other nationals. How much of that is true?

Also, should I actually look at top US schools as well? Or may be other 'better' European schools?

Please advise. Need insights into this whole application decisions.

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

Good Day!

I am an Indian female working in IT since 4 years.
I took the GMAT recently and got a 740. I have not held any managerial positions in my IT stint.

Please help with deciding on the B Schools I can apply to. I am more inclined towards Europe keeping in mind the 1 year duration and ROI.

When I took the exam, I sent my score to INSEAD, HHL Leipzig, Mannhiem and Indian School of Business.

Now, I somehow people telling me that I can apply to 'better' schools...and also a lot about Germany being not such a great place for other nationals. How much of that is true?

Also, should I actually look at top US schools as well? Or may be other 'better' European schools?

Please advise. Need insights into this whole application decisions.

Thanks a lot.
ezra

It seems to me that you need to figure out what your goals are. Many people use an MBA to transition to living and working in another country. If that's your goal then you should think about which country you'd like to be in and then narrow down your choices from there.

Germany has great growth and many companies are generally receptive to hiring foreign nationals. However, as has been discussed elsewhere, without solid German language skills this can be hard, even if did your MBA at Mannheim or ESMT or wherever.

US schools may be worth considering if you think the international experience will benefit your profile or again if you want to end up working in the US.

You might want to start with Duncan's GMAT tier post:

http://www.find-mba.com/board/27082

And closely at the schools in tier 2. Although your profile (Indian IT professional with a high GMAT score) is highly competitive, you may also have some chance at tier 1. It would really depend on the school.

It seems to me that you need to figure out what your goals are. Many people use an MBA to transition to living and working in another country. If that's your goal then you should think about which country you'd like to be in and then narrow down your choices from there.

Germany has great growth and many companies are generally receptive to hiring foreign nationals. However, as has been discussed elsewhere, without solid German language skills this can be hard, even if did your MBA at Mannheim or ESMT or wherever.

US schools may be worth considering if you think the international experience will benefit your profile or again if you want to end up working in the US.

You might want to start with Duncan's GMAT tier post:

http://www.find-mba.com/board/27082

And closely at the schools in tier 2. Although your profile (Indian IT professional with a high GMAT score) is highly competitive, you may also have some chance at tier 1. It would really depend on the school.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Leipzig, Germany 70 Followers 196 Discussions
Mannheim, Germany 80 Followers 221 Discussions
Fontainebleau, France 73 Followers 309 Discussions
Hyderabad, India 22 Followers 86 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023

Hot Discussions