Full time MBA for 10 years exp. IT professional

Sathiya

Hello All,

It is my first post in this forum after considerable research of the existing posts and outside sources.

I have 10 years of Software quality assurance experience in multiple domains (considerable time in Automotive and Aerospace). I have mostly worked in India and recently in Germany (for past 3 years). I have moved to India in 2013 last quarter.

I'm exploring MBA programs suitable for my profile in Germany with a interest to
(1) Seek employment in Germany
(2) Boost my carrier in Germany / Europe / India
(3) Perhaps change of industry

My German knowledge is enough for survival but not for carrier prospects. i planned to learn German during this time.

I planned to write IELTS in May. No plans for GMAT. i have spent very good amount time to identify reasonable institutions. they are seriously reviewed in this forum and not in top 5 German B schools. they are selected mostly because of no GMAT requirement & reasonable tuition cost.

Berlin School of economics and law
HTW Berlin
Cologne Business School
IGC Bremen

Do you think this list is fine or any big hole in my considerations?

Kindly share your views.

Thanks
Sathiya

Hello All,

It is my first post in this forum after considerable research of the existing posts and outside sources.

I have 10 years of Software quality assurance experience in multiple domains (considerable time in Automotive and Aerospace). I have mostly worked in India and recently in Germany (for past 3 years). I have moved to India in 2013 last quarter.

I'm exploring MBA programs suitable for my profile in Germany with a interest to
(1) Seek employment in Germany
(2) Boost my carrier in Germany / Europe / India
(3) Perhaps change of industry

My German knowledge is enough for survival but not for carrier prospects. i planned to learn German during this time.

I planned to write IELTS in May. No plans for GMAT. i have spent very good amount time to identify reasonable institutions. they are seriously reviewed in this forum and not in top 5 German B schools. they are selected mostly because of no GMAT requirement & reasonable tuition cost.

Berlin School of economics and law
HTW Berlin
Cologne Business School
IGC Bremen

Do you think this list is fine or any big hole in my considerations?

Kindly share your views.

Thanks
Sathiya
Duncan

Take a look at: Do you need to speak the local language? www.find-mba.com/board/34713 and Why you should take the GMAT http://www.find-mba.com/board/38939

When you say "i planned to learn German during this time", what would you need to do to speak German well enough to work in the German auto industry?

Do any auto companies recruit from the MBA programmes you mention? Take a look at How to use LinkedIn to find the best school www.find-mba.com/board/33571

Surely the areas around Munich, Stuttgart and Frankfurt are the centres of the auto industry in Germany. The labour market is profoundly regional. The IGC and HFWR programmes don't claim to have any notable careers support or placement success.

I suggest you refocus onto improving your language skills.

Take a look at: Do you need to speak the local language? www.find-mba.com/board/34713 and Why you should take the GMAT http://www.find-mba.com/board/38939

When you say "i planned to learn German during this time", what would you need to do to speak German well enough to work in the German auto industry?

Do any auto companies recruit from the MBA programmes you mention? Take a look at How to use LinkedIn to find the best school www.find-mba.com/board/33571

Surely the areas around Munich, Stuttgart and Frankfurt are the centres of the auto industry in Germany. The labour market is profoundly regional. The IGC and HFWR programmes don't claim to have any notable careers support or placement success.

I suggest you refocus onto improving your language skills.
Razors Edg...

Agree with Duncan on the language issue and best practices for landing a job in Germany. Those regional industries tend to favor native speakers, and while understanding regional dialects (say in Bavaria) can be done by a non-native speaker, nailing the accent can be challenging.

Also, considering a ranked school like ESMT or Mannheim will give you much better post-graduation options and larger networks (perhaps even outside of Germany, if for whatever reason your job search doesn't work out there.)

Agree with Duncan on the language issue and best practices for landing a job in Germany. Those regional industries tend to favor native speakers, and while understanding regional dialects (say in Bavaria) can be done by a non-native speaker, nailing the accent can be challenging.

Also, considering a ranked school like ESMT or Mannheim will give you much better post-graduation options and larger networks (perhaps even outside of Germany, if for whatever reason your job search doesn't work out there.)

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Berlin, Germany 30 Followers 69 Discussions
Bremen, Germany 63 Followers 37 Discussions
Köln, Germany 13 Followers 23 Discussions
Berlin, Germany 8 Followers 24 Discussions

Other Related Content

MBA Programs in Germany: A Gateway to Europe

Article May 20, 2013

How an emerging class of top German business schools is helping international students tap into the country's growing economy

Hot Discussions