Europe on a Budget

Does anybody have any info on the best budget MBA programs in Europe? Country doesn't matter to me, but accreditation does. So far I've looked at the following schools:

Hochschule Pforzheim (Germany)
Athens University of Economics and Business (Greece)
Central European University (Hungary)
La Rochelle Business School (France)

Any others? Preferably they should be under 20,000 euros.

Does anybody have any info on the best budget MBA programs in Europe? Country doesn't matter to me, but accreditation does. So far I've looked at the following schools:

Hochschule Pforzheim (Germany)
Athens University of Economics and Business (Greece)
Central European University (Hungary)
La Rochelle Business School (France)

Any others? Preferably they should be under 20,000 euros.

Hello,
You should look into the International School of Management in Paris, France. They are accredited by ACBSP. The school offers a maximum of 30% scholarship. If you achieve this amount, you would be able to stay in your budget.

Hello,
You should look into the International School of Management in Paris, France. They are accredited by ACBSP. The school offers a maximum of 30% scholarship. If you achieve this amount, you would be able to stay in your budget.

Thanks, but I'm only looking at schools that are accredited by AACSB, AMBA, or EQUIS.

Thanks, but I'm only looking at schools that are accredited by AACSB, AMBA, or EQUIS.
jacki333

Paris' CNAM is accredited by AMBA and less than 20k. Aarhus in Denmark is a bit more but still within your budget...

Paris' CNAM is accredited by AMBA and less than 20k. Aarhus in Denmark is a bit more but still within your budget...
Inactive User

Is Europe is a good place to do my specialization in business?

Is Europe is a good place to do my specialization in business?

Thanks, I didn't realize there was a Paris MBA at such a budget. I'll also look into Aarhus as well, I hadn't considered Denmark.

Thanks, I didn't realize there was a Paris MBA at such a budget. I'll also look into Aarhus as well, I hadn't considered Denmark.
Inactive User

Please let me know the best Europe cities for my MBA, Thanks

Please let me know the best Europe cities for my MBA, Thanks
ralph

UC3M if you are interested in going to Spain. It's hard to find an AMBA-accredited MBA elsewhere in Europe for 12k EUR.

UC3M if you are interested in going to Spain. It's hard to find an AMBA-accredited MBA elsewhere in Europe for 12k EUR.
Yilka

What about Bremen, isn't that accredited too? I'm having difficulties to find that information.

What about Bremen, isn't that accredited too? I'm having difficulties to find that information.
ralph

In terms of the discussion in this thread, no, Bremen is not accredited by AACSB, AMBA, or EQUIS.

It does, however, offer a joint MBA program with University of North Carolina Wilmington, this program is accredited by AACSB through the US school.

In terms of the discussion in this thread, no, Bremen is not accredited by AACSB, AMBA, or EQUIS.

It does, however, offer a joint MBA program with University of North Carolina Wilmington, this program is accredited by AACSB through the US school.

Hi Masters of Karate,
Why don't u consider this: http://www.sbs.edu/discover/information/accreditation
It's a good business school and their online mba programme has been listed by FT for. 3 years continuously and they are accredited by ACBSP and IACBE.

Hi Masters of Karate,
Why don't u consider this: http://www.sbs.edu/discover/information/accreditation
It's a good business school and their online mba programme has been listed by FT for. 3 years continuously and they are accredited by ACBSP and IACBE.
Duncan

The FT has discontinued its listing of the largest online MBAs. ACBSP and IACBE cannot be taken as meeting more than minimum standards. SBS itsef has a shrinking programme, and has cuts its fees: neither are good signs. http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/sbs-swiss-business-school/online-mba-listing-2013

The FT ranking, which replaced the listing, is much better because it focusses on outcomes rather than size: http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/online-mba-ranking-2014

The FT has discontinued its listing of the largest online MBAs. ACBSP and IACBE cannot be taken as meeting more than minimum standards. SBS itsef has a shrinking programme, and has cuts its fees: neither are good signs. http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/sbs-swiss-business-school/online-mba-listing-2013

The FT ranking, which replaced the listing, is much better because it focusses on outcomes rather than size: http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/online-mba-ranking-2014

Sorry Bloomingstar, I should have made it clear that I was only interested in MBA programs that are accredited by AACSB, AMBA, or EQUIS. I wouldn't take a chance on anything that's not.

Sorry Bloomingstar, I should have made it clear that I was only interested in MBA programs that are accredited by AACSB, AMBA, or EQUIS. I wouldn't take a chance on anything that's not.
scifology

Hi Master of Karate,
I can strongly recommend the Berlin School of Economics and Law, a business school with upcoming reputation, AMBA-accredited, and about 15k Eur, which is not much for a solid MBA.

Hi Master of Karate,
I can strongly recommend the Berlin School of Economics and Law, a business school with upcoming reputation, AMBA-accredited, and about 15k Eur, which is not much for a solid MBA.

Any decent MBA programs in Scandinavia for this kind of budget?

Duncan

No.

No.
sts

Hello,

Professional accreditation i.e. the accreditation by AACSB, AMBA or EQUIS in the context of this thread (and website, generally) might be seen an indicator of a certain level of quality, however not having accreditation from one of these does not necessarily indicate a lack thereof. Since this type of accreditation is entirely a voluntary process, schools may well opt out from this path with various motives. (There is more than enough reading for this on the web). I would rather not limit my choices based solely on this criterion, though I would definitely consider it as a factor along with many others while evaluating my alternatives, as long as I consider the schools that are officially accredited/recognized, legal higher education institutions that seem to offer the programs I look for.

Regards,

Hello,

Professional accreditation i.e. the accreditation by AACSB, AMBA or EQUIS in the context of this thread (and website, generally) might be seen an indicator of a certain level of quality, however not having accreditation from one of these does not necessarily indicate a lack thereof. Since this type of accreditation is entirely a voluntary process, schools may well opt out from this path with various motives. (There is more than enough reading for this on the web). I would rather not limit my choices based solely on this criterion, though I would definitely consider it as a factor along with many others while evaluating my alternatives, as long as I consider the schools that are officially accredited/recognized, legal higher education institutions that seem to offer the programs I look for.

Regards,
Duncan

The above comment is mistaken. See Why international accreditation matters http://www.find-mba.com/board/41224

The above comment is mistaken. See Why international accreditation matters http://www.find-mba.com/board/41224
sts

The referenced thread post is about salaries. The notion that salaries of the graduates are an indicator of quality of education is only an assumption, at this stage. (Most probably there is research on this, but the referred article is not one of them). Otherwise, accrediting agencies themselves would simply do the same: Just collect the salary figures and here it is-the higher the better. As far as I know, they have a broader point of view, normally.

In my opinion, on the other hand, unless taking into account some other factors such as country, location, industry specialization of the schools, such averages would provide only very rough indicators, little more than nothing especially when it comes to causation.

The referenced thread post is about salaries. The notion that salaries of the graduates are an indicator of quality of education is only an assumption, at this stage. (Most probably there is research on this, but the referred article is not one of them). Otherwise, accrediting agencies themselves would simply do the same: Just collect the salary figures and here it is-the higher the better. As far as I know, they have a broader point of view, normally.

In my opinion, on the other hand, unless taking into account some other factors such as country, location, industry specialization of the schools, such averages would provide only very rough indicators, little more than nothing especially when it comes to causation.
Inactive User

There's the University of Oulu in Finland, that's around 17k EUR, last time I checked.

[quote]Any decent MBA programs in Scandinavia for this kind of budget?[/quote]
There's the University of Oulu in Finland, that's around 17k EUR, last time I checked.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Vienna, Austria 19 Followers 69 Discussions
Full Profile
Pforzheim, Germany 45 Followers 83 Discussions
La Rochelle, France 7 Followers 4 Discussions

Other Related Content

Video: The MBA Experience in Europe

Article Aug 05, 2013

What it's really like to do an MBA at a European business school

Hot Discussions