ESADE vs Darden

Mark123

Hi,
I have hard decision to make - ESADE vs Darden.

Could anyone give me some thoughts? I have been struggling with the decision for some time now.

Thanks

Hi,
I have hard decision to make - ESADE vs Darden.

Could anyone give me some thoughts? I have been struggling with the decision for some time now.

Thanks
Evan2007

Those are two great schools. Where are you planning on working when you finish? Like in what country and industry?

Those are two great schools. Where are you planning on working when you finish? Like in what country and industry?
Mark123

Hi,

the plan is to work in Europe if possible.
I'd like to focus on restructuring and turnaround consulting.
It seems to me that Darden has more connection to big names in consulting and also to consulting firms focused on turnaround (like AlixPartners) as there is active Restructuring club.

In terms of quality of school and professors I lean little bit more to Darden. However, ESADE is in Europe which may be advantage. I also like the ESADE spirit and Barcelona is great place :).

Hi,

the plan is to work in Europe if possible.
I'd like to focus on restructuring and turnaround consulting.
It seems to me that Darden has more connection to big names in consulting and also to consulting firms focused on turnaround (like AlixPartners) as there is active Restructuring club.

In terms of quality of school and professors I lean little bit more to Darden. However, ESADE is in Europe which may be advantage. I also like the ESADE spirit and Barcelona is great place :).
Angie

If you plan to work in Europe, I would go with ESADE, that way you get the connections in the European workforce through the MBA. But also look at the curriculum. If ESADE doesn't have the focus you want, you can also look at other schools in Europe.

Here's a list of European MBAs that have a focus on consulting

https://find-mba.com/search/result?area=21&specs=56&language=1

If you plan to work in Europe, I would go with ESADE, that way you get the connections in the European workforce through the MBA. But also look at the curriculum. If ESADE doesn't have the focus you want, you can also look at other schools in Europe.

Here's a list of European MBAs that have a focus on consulting

https://find-mba.com/search/result?area=21&specs=56&language=1
Evan2007

Yes, it's definitely a tough decision. I think I would lean toward top American schools versus top European schools. Maybe I'm old-fashioned. What do you know about Darden's placements/network in Europe?

Yes, it's definitely a tough decision. I think I would lean toward top American schools versus top European schools. Maybe I'm old-fashioned. What do you know about Darden's placements/network in Europe?
Mark123

The Darden network is not that strong in Europe from obvious reasons. That's definitely a slight disadvantage. However, the alumni I had chance to talk/contact in Europe were very supportive and enthusiastic about the school. Thus small but strong network.
In terms of recruiting all the big consulting companies recruit at Darden. For ESADE, I know that BCG recruits there, but don't know about other companies in this area.

The Darden network is not that strong in Europe from obvious reasons. That's definitely a slight disadvantage. However, the alumni I had chance to talk/contact in Europe were very supportive and enthusiastic about the school. Thus small but strong network.
In terms of recruiting all the big consulting companies recruit at Darden. For ESADE, I know that BCG recruits there, but don't know about other companies in this area.
Duncan

What did you decide?

What did you decide?

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Charlottesville, Virginia 27 Followers 63 Discussions
Barcelona, Spain 49 Followers 245 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 6 Followers 134 Discussions

Other Related Content

Jan 11, 2024

LinkedIn Launches MBA Rankings of US Business Schools

News Jan 11, 2024