esade last rounds vs ie vs wait

feel

Hi everybody. I just did my GMAT (720) and i have to decide whether apply to Esade almost in the last round or to wait and apply after summer for the 2011 class. I have 7 years work experience in finance in small italian companies and, as international exposure, I only have a 3 months period in US. I need to repeat my Toefl next month because I scored 95 (or take ielts).
If I will be able to have 100+, do you suggest to send the application in May for Esade or to wait the next year? If i will be rejected, the following year they will look to my new application more strictly as a reapplicant? I know that if i wait I could have more possibilities and also the possibility to know better other BS and maybe to apply there too, but I am almost 32 so I do not think it is a good idea to postpone more my decision.
Is it a long process to order transcripts ?
My idea would be to send the application by the end of may, both to esade and IE (which has rolling admission). IESE in the last round it is probably too difficult... and to write more essays too.
thank you !

Hi everybody. I just did my GMAT (720) and i have to decide whether apply to Esade almost in the last round or to wait and apply after summer for the 2011 class. I have 7 years work experience in finance in small italian companies and, as international exposure, I only have a 3 months period in US. I need to repeat my Toefl next month because I scored 95 (or take ielts).
If I will be able to have 100+, do you suggest to send the application in May for Esade or to wait the next year? If i will be rejected, the following year they will look to my new application more strictly as a reapplicant? I know that if i wait I could have more possibilities and also the possibility to know better other BS and maybe to apply there too, but I am almost 32 so I do not think it is a good idea to postpone more my decision.
Is it a long process to order transcripts ?
My idea would be to send the application by the end of may, both to esade and IE (which has rolling admission). IESE in the last round it is probably too difficult... and to write more essays too.
thank you !
bajargyan

Hi

I am an ESADE class of 2012 admit student, and looking at your profile you should go ahead and apply.
Your Gmat and your work experience are really strong and you should stand a good chance to get admission if your essays and interviews have a good story to tell.

International experience is not what the school is looking for i think, rather its looking for candidates that have a global outlook to business and who are looking to broaden themselves. so dont worry about your limited international exposure as its a small factor.

For transcripts it really depends on your university, usually it does not take more than 3 days.

good luck in case you decide to apply

Hi

I am an ESADE class of 2012 admit student, and looking at your profile you should go ahead and apply.
Your Gmat and your work experience are really strong and you should stand a good chance to get admission if your essays and interviews have a good story to tell.

International experience is not what the school is looking for i think, rather its looking for candidates that have a global outlook to business and who are looking to broaden themselves. so dont worry about your limited international exposure as its a small factor.

For transcripts it really depends on your university, usually it does not take more than 3 days.

good luck in case you decide to apply
feel

Thank you bajargyan!
Could I ask you why you chose Esade over, for example , Ie or IESE or other European schools? Which are your main reasons?
Thanks

Thank you bajargyan!
Could I ask you why you chose Esade over, for example , Ie or IESE or other European schools? Which are your main reasons?
Thanks
bajargyan

Actually i had applied to IESE as well.. where i got waitlisted..but ESADE was always my top choice.. and i got admitted there so i had to make the decision on that and i chose ESADE without much hesitation.

Though there were several factors for not going for IESE, mainly the cost factor and also the lack of communication i received from them between the time i submitted the application and got the interview call, i was totally in the dark and they took exactly a month to notify me for the interview.

While, ESADE gave personalized attention to me and within a month of my application to esade, i knew i was admitted.. apart from it the 18 months program provided the right duration with internship opportunity. The mix in teaching method of lectures and case studies, instead of purely case studies. The non-competitive environment and the stress on the importance of team work were some other minor points that made me feel ESADE is a right choice. My post MBA career aim to work in Industry or Consultancy sector also went well with the strength of the career services at ESADE.

IE's duration was too short for my liking and that is the reason i never really looked into it...i always wanted a program more than a year's worth of duration.

hope it helps.

Actually i had applied to IESE as well.. where i got waitlisted..but ESADE was always my top choice.. and i got admitted there so i had to make the decision on that and i chose ESADE without much hesitation.

Though there were several factors for not going for IESE, mainly the cost factor and also the lack of communication i received from them between the time i submitted the application and got the interview call, i was totally in the dark and they took exactly a month to notify me for the interview.

While, ESADE gave personalized attention to me and within a month of my application to esade, i knew i was admitted.. apart from it the 18 months program provided the right duration with internship opportunity. The mix in teaching method of lectures and case studies, instead of purely case studies. The non-competitive environment and the stress on the importance of team work were some other minor points that made me feel ESADE is a right choice. My post MBA career aim to work in Industry or Consultancy sector also went well with the strength of the career services at ESADE.

IE's duration was too short for my liking and that is the reason i never really looked into it...i always wanted a program more than a year's worth of duration.

hope it helps.
Andrea_s

hi feel

for what i read it seems u re italian.

im italian and im 31. i got an admission fromesade in the second deadline.

if u want to ask me some more information about all u can send me a private message

bye

hi feel

for what i read it seems u re italian.

im italian and im 31. i got an admission fromesade in the second deadline.

if u want to ask me some more information about all u can send me a private message

bye

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Madrid, Spain 3 Followers 107 Discussions
Barcelona, Spain 29 Followers 169 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 114 Followers 368 Discussions
Barcelona, Spain 49 Followers 245 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 6 Followers 134 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023