EMBA - Next Career Step?

Hello everybody,

I am looking for an executive MBA that fits into my career plan. Ideally a part-time program that is compact and made for professionals with management experience next to excellent professors who really are experts in their field with top management experience?

Currently I have a couple of choices on my desk, but the Lorange Institute is so far the only real program for executives with a modular and flexible program I could find. Does anyone have some experiences with Lorange or to share some insights about programs in the area with the similar learning experience?

Best,
Never stop - just_do_it

Hello everybody,

I am looking for an executive MBA that fits into my career plan. Ideally a part-time program that is compact and made for professionals with management experience next to excellent professors who really are experts in their field with top management experience?

Currently I have a couple of choices on my desk, but the Lorange Institute is so far the only real program for executives with a modular and flexible program I could find. Does anyone have some experiences with Lorange or to share some insights about programs in the area with the similar learning experience?

Best,
Never stop - just_do_it
Inactive User

There are so many options: if you're looking in Switzerland, IMD offers a ranked EMBA; in the DACH region more broadly you have ESMT and Mannheim... Not to mention ESCP.

There are so many options: if you're looking in Switzerland, IMD offers a ranked EMBA; in the DACH region more broadly you have ESMT and Mannheim... Not to mention ESCP.
priya12

Hi,
I come from a commerce background and I am currently working in Dubai. But my friends are suggesting that I should take a step further and pursue an executive MBA. My concern is that is it really necessary? Will it add any value? Will it help me? I am confused at this point. Please share your inputs guys. Thank you.

Hi,
I come from a commerce background and I am currently working in Dubai. But my friends are suggesting that I should take a step further and pursue an executive MBA. My concern is that is it really necessary? Will it add any value? Will it help me? I am confused at this point. Please share your inputs guys. Thank you.
mohan

Hey,
If you want to make your own place in corporate world then only a graduation degree will not work. You need to have something more. So an EMBA is a good choice. And this is something which will definitely boost your career and add value to it as well. It will really help you. All the best.

Hey,
If you want to make your own place in corporate world then only a graduation degree will not work. You need to have something more. So an EMBA is a good choice. And this is something which will definitely boost your career and add value to it as well. It will really help you. All the best.
abhinav.k

@priya12-Do you really think that classroom learning is really going to help? I mean you obviously learn more on the field than in a classroom. Practically speaking why would you want to spend so much money and time on something that you already know?

@priya12-Do you really think that classroom learning is really going to help? I mean you obviously learn more on the field than in a classroom. Practically speaking why would you want to spend so much money and time on something that you already know?
mohan

@abhinav 12- I feel learning is never waste of time. I agree with you about the fact that on the job experience teaches you a lot but it does not mean traditional education has no importance. An EMBA degree will not only help in gaining more knowledge but will really take your career to the next step. Also, if there comes a point in your career when you want to switch jobs, just a graduation degree will not be very impressive on your CV. Preference will obviously be given to a person who is more qualified.

@abhinav 12- I feel learning is never waste of time. I agree with you about the fact that on the job experience teaches you a lot but it does not mean traditional education has no importance. An EMBA degree will not only help in gaining more knowledge but will really take your career to the next step. Also, if there comes a point in your career when you want to switch jobs, just a graduation degree will not be very impressive on your CV. Preference will obviously be given to a person who is more qualified.
abhinav.k

But what is the point? Experience matters. If one has a good amount of experience then i am sure that one will get the right kind of designation they deserve. I mean doing an EMBA just to put something on your CV doesn’t make sense right? I might be wrong but this is what i feel.

But what is the point? Experience matters. If one has a good amount of experience then i am sure that one will get the right kind of designation they deserve. I mean doing an EMBA just to put something on your CV doesn’t make sense right? I might be wrong but this is what i feel.
mohan

No no you are getting me all wrong. I am not telling that you should do an EMBA just to add a mention in your CV. You know the education system has gone through many reforms. There are a lot of new things to learn. In fact the advantage of an EMBA is that whatever you learn you can actually implement it at work. You are not wasting time as it is a part time course. Yes it might be hectic but i am sure it will be worth it.

No no you are getting me all wrong. I am not telling that you should do an EMBA just to add a mention in your CV. You know the education system has gone through many reforms. There are a lot of new things to learn. In fact the advantage of an EMBA is that whatever you learn you can actually implement it at work. You are not wasting time as it is a part time course. Yes it might be hectic but i am sure it will be worth it.
abhinav.k

Hmmm... Well if you put it that way I somewhat agree with you.

Hmmm... Well if you put it that way I somewhat agree with you.
priya12

Hey thank you guys. This conversation has really helped me. I know both the pros and cons of an EMBA now. Also, another thing i wanted to ask is that could you please suggest some decent schools which offer an EMBA?

Hey thank you guys. This conversation has really helped me. I know both the pros and cons of an EMBA now. Also, another thing i wanted to ask is that could you please suggest some decent schools which offer an EMBA?
mohan

Since you are working in Dubai you obviously would want colleges there right? I was searching for universities in Dubai last year for another course that I wanted to do and I came across American university and S.P. Jain global. University of Wollongong is also not a bad option either. Check out their websites and see if they offer an EMBA.

Since you are working in Dubai you obviously would want colleges there right? I was searching for universities in Dubai last year for another course that I wanted to do and I came across American university and S.P. Jain global. University of Wollongong is also not a bad option either. Check out their websites and see if they offer an EMBA.
Inactive User

There are so many good EMBA options in Dubai that you shouldn't have to limit yourself to unaccredited programs (Wollongong) or business schools that have to forcefully market themselves (*cough* SP Jain). Look at these schools instead:

LBS - EMBA in Dubai
Bradford - EMBA in Dubai
Cass - EMBA in Dubai

Even Hult would be a good option.

There are so many good EMBA options in Dubai that you shouldn't have to limit yourself to unaccredited programs (Wollongong) or business schools that have to forcefully market themselves (*cough* SP Jain). Look at these schools instead:

LBS - EMBA in Dubai
Bradford - EMBA in Dubai
Cass - EMBA in Dubai

Even Hult would be a good option.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

London, United Kingdom 59 Followers 415 Discussions
Cairo, Egypt 66 Followers 38 Discussions
Cambridge, Massachusetts 34 Followers 179 Discussions
Bradford, United Kingdom 45 Followers 317 Discussions
Dubai, United Arab Emirates 15 Followers 24 Discussions

Hot Discussions