EBS MBA a good choice.?

kunal747

Hello,

I am Kunal from India and I have been selected in the following schools for the winter semester this year :
EBS_MBA
GSO Nuremberg_MBA-MI
Cologne Business School_MBA

I am also waiting for a reply from IMB Berlin (part of HWR)

I wanted some advice on what school I should select.I understand that accreditation is important and out of all the fore mentioned schools only EBS is internationally accredited (by EQUIS).
Although IMB is also accredited by AMBA. Should it be a good choice to go for this school.?

Hello,

I am Kunal from India and I have been selected in the following schools for the winter semester this year :
EBS_MBA
GSO Nuremberg_MBA-MI
Cologne Business School_MBA

I am also waiting for a reply from IMB Berlin (part of HWR)

I wanted some advice on what school I should select.I understand that accreditation is important and out of all the fore mentioned schools only EBS is internationally accredited (by EQUIS).
Although IMB is also accredited by AMBA. Should it be a good choice to go for this school.?
Namita

Hi,

There are two business school supposedly named:
1)Fachhochschule Köln - Cologne University of Applied Science (Global MBA)
2)Cologne business school.(MBA-IM)

Which one would be better?

Hi,

There are two business school supposedly named:
1)Fachhochschule Köln - Cologne University of Applied Science (Global MBA)
2)Cologne business school.(MBA-IM)

Which one would be better?
Duncan

If you want to work in Germany then EBS is the outstanding choice from those schools. If you want to return to your own country then the Fachhochschule Köln/UNC dual degree is excellent since it leads to a AACSB accredited degree from UNC.

If you want to work in Germany then EBS is the outstanding choice from those schools. If you want to return to your own country then the Fachhochschule Köln/UNC dual degree is excellent since it leads to a AACSB accredited degree from UNC.
Namita

Hi Duncan,

Is Fachhochschule Köln not that recognized in Germany?

Regards,
Namita

<blockquote>If you want to work in Germany then EBS is the outstanding choice from those schools. If you want to return to your own country then the Fachhochschule Köln/UNC dual degree is excellent since it leads to a AACSB accredited degree from UNC. </blockquote>

Hi Duncan,

Is Fachhochschule Köln not that recognized in Germany?

Regards,
Namita
Duncan

The Fachhochschulen generally are less well respected than the universities. The key issue with the Koeln MA/MBA is that it's taught in English: German firms want to hire people who speak German.

The Fachhochschulen generally are less well respected than the universities. The key issue with the Koeln MA/MBA is that it's taught in English: German firms want to hire people who speak German.

Hi Duncan ,

I have an offer from EBS for full time MBA. How is the MBA program of EBS rated in Germany?
EBS starts in Sept . I can still apply for WHU , ESMT , ESB Reutlingen and others (They start in Jan-Feb , so i will have to drop/defer EBS offer).
What do you suggest should I go for EBS or should I try for others.I want to work in Germany and I have been learning German.I would also like to know how much do accreditation matter in Germany.
You can suggest me other alternatives as well (my budget is 25,000-30,000 euros).
Any help will be great!
Thanks

Hi Duncan ,

I have an offer from EBS for full time MBA. How is the MBA program of EBS rated in Germany?
EBS starts in Sept . I can still apply for WHU , ESMT , ESB Reutlingen and others (They start in Jan-Feb , so i will have to drop/defer EBS offer).
What do you suggest should I go for EBS or should I try for others.I want to work in Germany and I have been learning German.I would also like to know how much do accreditation matter in Germany.
You can suggest me other alternatives as well (my budget is 25,000-30,000 euros).
Any help will be great!
Thanks
Duncan

How good is your German?

Of course you should always have an alternative.

You will be much better off at the schools which are in the FT rankings like WHU, ESMT, HHL and HSG. Accreditation means different things to different employers and there are are different accrediations. Take a look at http://www.find-mba.com/accreditations

How good is your German?

You will be much better off at the schools which are in the FT rankings like WHU, ESMT, HHL and HSG. Accreditation means different things to different employers and there are are different accrediations. Take a look at http://www.find-mba.com/accreditations

Hi Duncan ,

Thanks for the Information.I am currently at A2 level in German.I will be going for B1 soon.
I have only appeared and applied via GRE , i will have to give GMAT to apply to others.
If we consider rankings as the only criteria; I have interviews at 2 french schools who are ranked higher than the German ones as per FT / Forbes.
I have taken into account the economic conditions , job opportunities and growth opportunities into consideration before selecting Germany.
Going for MBA is a huge investment and I need to recover my finances by working after graduating from B School.And , then I can focus on my long term goals.
I want a education level to be very good and networking of the school to be good.
Your suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
roh

How good is your German?

Hi Duncan ,

Thanks for the Information.I am currently at A2 level in German.I will be going for B1 soon.
I have only appeared and applied via GRE , i will have to give GMAT to apply to others.
If we consider rankings as the only criteria; I have interviews at 2 french schools who are ranked higher than the German ones as per FT / Forbes.
I have taken into account the economic conditions , job opportunities and growth opportunities into consideration before selecting Germany.
Going for MBA is a huge investment and I need to recover my finances by working after graduating from B School.And , then I can focus on my long term goals.
I want a education level to be very good and networking of the school to be good.
Your suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
roh

<blockquote>How good is your German?

You will be much better off at the schools which are in the FT rankings like WHU, ESMT, HHL and HSG. Accreditation means different things to different employers and there are are different accrediations. Take a look at http://www.find-mba.com/accreditations</blockquote>

@kunal747
So which college you joined ?

@kunal747
So which college you joined ?

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Berlin, Germany 30 Followers 69 Discussions
Oestrich-Winkel, Germany 23 Followers 73 Discussions
Köln, Germany 13 Followers 23 Discussions

Other Related Content

MBA Programs in Germany: Don't Let The Rankings Fool You

Article Sep 27, 2010