Deposit for MBA in Spain

MariaK

Hi,
I have a random question. Does anybody tried and succeed in financing their deposit for Spanish MBA? The deposit IESE and ESADE are asking for are about 14.000 Euros (1st and 2nd deposits together) and I think 10.000 Euros for IESE. It is very different from top tire US schools where you are asked for $2.000 or so. Both Spanish schools do not qualify for US Federal loans, but would qualify for private loans for tuition coverage.
However, my question is if the is a way to pay these deposits as part of tuition costs and thus covered by loans. Have anybody done so?
I called the school finaid office, but the lady there seemed clueless and was of little help.
Thanks a lot!
Maria

Hi,
I have a random question. Does anybody tried and succeed in financing their deposit for Spanish MBA? The deposit IESE and ESADE are asking for are about 14.000 Euros (1st and 2nd deposits together) and I think 10.000 Euros for IESE. It is very different from top tire US schools where you are asked for $2.000 or so. Both Spanish schools do not qualify for US Federal loans, but would qualify for private loans for tuition coverage.
However, my question is if the is a way to pay these deposits as part of tuition costs and thus covered by loans. Have anybody done so?
I called the school finaid office, but the lady there seemed clueless and was of little help.
Thanks a lot!
Maria
Duncan

How were you planning on financing the tuition? Maybe look at those European schools which do have federal funding.

How were you planning on financing the tuition? Maybe look at those European schools which do have federal funding.
MariaK

Hi,

The tuition is 100% funded by loans (Esade works with 3 banks, plus US citizens can apply for salliemae loans). However, it seems that deposit is another thing. It is listed as part of tuition on the school's site (thus loans like salliemae will cover it, but once they receive the enrollment letter from the school), however the deposit is due, before the school gives letter of enrollment. In case of US schools, where deposit is $2.000 it is not a problem paying it out of pocket, however, in case of Spanish schools it is a big amount and I was wondering how other US / international students paid the deposit. And if anybody was able to process it as part of the tuition loan.
Any advice would be appreciated :)

thank you

Hi,

The tuition is 100% funded by loans (Esade works with 3 banks, plus US citizens can apply for salliemae loans). However, it seems that deposit is another thing. It is listed as part of tuition on the school's site (thus loans like salliemae will cover it, but once they receive the enrollment letter from the school), however the deposit is due, before the school gives letter of enrollment. In case of US schools, where deposit is $2.000 it is not a problem paying it out of pocket, however, in case of Spanish schools it is a big amount and I was wondering how other US / international students paid the deposit. And if anybody was able to process it as part of the tuition loan.
Any advice would be appreciated :)

thank you

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Madrid, Spain 3 Followers 107 Discussions
Barcelona, Spain 29 Followers 169 Discussions
Barcelona, Spain 49 Followers 245 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 6 Followers 134 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023

Iberian Dreams: MBA Programs in Spain

Article Dec 04, 2014

Leveraging entrepreneurship, Spanish business schools stay strong in the wake of the financial crisis