Cost/Value MBA in Germany or Spain

benoror

Hi fellows,

I've been researching about MBAs, mostly in Germany and Spain, since I'm looking for low cost MBA (less than 20,000eur scholarship included) I want to exhaust all the possibilities to make the best choice.

In a nutshell, here are the MBAs I'm interested in:

- Germany: MBA in International Business Consulting, University of Applied Sciences Offenburg
- Spain: CEU, EUDE, UC3M (Carlos III), EAE, EADA, ESIC

I'm more interested in an MBA in Germany (English classes), because I think the cutural impact and overall experience is more valuable.

But I've found most MBAs in Germany quite expensive. My question is: Would you recommend me Offenburg beside the Spain options? Or even another MBA I'm still not aware of?

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Hi fellows,

I've been researching about MBAs, mostly in Germany and Spain, since I'm looking for low cost MBA (less than 20,000eur scholarship included) I want to exhaust all the possibilities to make the best choice.

In a nutshell, here are the MBAs I'm interested in:

- Germany: MBA in International Business Consulting, University of Applied Sciences Offenburg
- Spain: CEU, EUDE, UC3M (Carlos III), EAE, EADA, ESIC

I'm more interested in an MBA in Germany (English classes), because I think the cutural impact and overall experience is more valuable.

But I've found most MBAs in Germany quite expensive. My question is: Would you recommend me Offenburg beside the Spain options? Or even another MBA I'm still not aware of?

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
jarvan

Ya an MBA in Germany is more expensive. So what do you want, value for the degree or the cultural experience? You could study in Spain and take vacations in Germany for the "culture". Otherwise, I'd say look to the student mix if you want to get a better feel of the experience you're going to get.

Good luck in making your decision.

Ya an MBA in Germany is more expensive. So what do you want, value for the degree or the cultural experience? You could study in Spain and take vacations in Germany for the "culture". Otherwise, I'd say look to the student mix if you want to get a better feel of the experience you're going to get.

Good luck in making your decision.
benoror

Hi jarvan thanks for your reply.

Indeed, the academic value is still my main consideration, and Germany offers me the oportunity to learn a new language and live a non-hispanic culture (i'm from Mexico), but I feel that Offenburg is far behind some of the Spain MBAs.

I want to take the best overall value of my investment. What do you think?

P.S. What exactly do you mean by "student mix"?

Hi jarvan thanks for your reply.

Indeed, the academic value is still my main consideration, and Germany offers me the oportunity to learn a new language and live a non-hispanic culture (i'm from Mexico), but I feel that Offenburg is far behind some of the Spain MBAs.

I want to take the best overall value of my investment. What do you think?

P.S. What exactly do you mean by "student mix"?
jarvan

Spanish is also "another language" :P, but you could take German language classes in Spain, win win right there. If MBA programs in Spain are better than the German one then go for them, seems kind of clear cut, as long as you've done your research.

When I mentioned student mix, i was referring to the nationalities of the students in the program. If 90% of the people in the German program are German, but only say 30% of the people in the Spanish programs are Spanish, then you'd get more exposure to people from other nationalities.

Spanish is also "another language" :P, but you could take German language classes in Spain, win win right there. If MBA programs in Spain are better than the German one then go for them, seems kind of clear cut, as long as you've done your research.

When I mentioned student mix, i was referring to the nationalities of the students in the program. If 90% of the people in the German program are German, but only say 30% of the people in the Spanish programs are Spanish, then you'd get more exposure to people from other nationalities.
Duncan

If you are more interested in Germany, why do you only have one German school on your list. It seems that you are looking for validation for a choice you have already made.

If you are not German, why would you want an MBA without internationally recognised validation?

If you are more interested in Germany, why do you only have one German school on your list. It seems that you are looking for validation for a choice you have already made.

If you are not German, why would you want an MBA without internationally recognised validation?
benoror

Hi Duncan, thanks for your reply.

That's because it's the only program that falls within my budget, in comparision, Goethe and Leipzig (HHL) are quite expensive, but maybe with a DAAD scholarship I could afford them, what do you think?

That's because it's the only program that falls within my budget, in comparision, Goethe and Leipzig (HHL) are quite expensive, but maybe with a DAAD scholarship I could afford them, what do you think?
jarvan

Spain MBA seems good for you IMO, more options there.

Spain MBA seems good for you IMO, more options there.
Duncan

Here are 32 inexpensive options: http://bit.ly/wklPAQ But still, there are accredited MBAs for your budget in other countries, like the CEU in Hungary or the CNAM in Paris. There's also www.fh-koeln.de/globalmba

But, really, why not borrow to fund your MBA? An inexpensive MBA will not give you half the career impact of an accredited, well-respected programme.

Here are 32 inexpensive options: http://bit.ly/wklPAQ But still, there are accredited MBAs for your budget in other countries, like the CEU in Hungary or the CNAM in Paris. There's also www.fh-koeln.de/globalmba

But, really, why not borrow to fund your MBA? An inexpensive MBA will not give you half the career impact of an accredited, well-respected programme.
ashish07

Hi Duncan,

How do you think EADA International MBA for Benoror.As his budget is around 20,000 euros, and EADA MBA was one of the top 100 MBA since last 5 years.

How others suggest ?

Hi Duncan,

How do you think EADA International MBA for Benoror.As his budget is around 20,000 euros, and EADA MBA was one of the top 100 MBA since last 5 years.

How others suggest ?
Duncan

I think it depends on where he wants to work. For returning to Latin America, Spanish schools are great. But his career goals have not been stated.

I think it depends on where he wants to work. For returning to Latin America, Spanish schools are great. But his career goals have not been stated.
benoror

Hi again,

Thank you all for your comments. Indeed I would like to return to Mexico, in conclusion I found EADA and UC3M the most valuable options right now.

Thanks again!

Hi again,

Thank you all for your comments. Indeed I would like to return to Mexico, in conclusion I found EADA and UC3M the most valuable options right now.

Thanks again!
Duncan

I would also look at: http://www.egade.mx/wps/wcm/connect/EBS/EGADE+Business+School/Academic+Programs/Monterrey/MBA_GlobalBusinessStrategy/

I would also look at: http://www.egade.mx/wps/wcm/connect/EBS/EGADE+Business+School/Academic+Programs/Monterrey/MBA_GlobalBusinessStrategy/
benoror

EGADE is a great business school. I actually studied college in Tecnologico de Monterrey. But right now I'm looking for and international experience. Thanks!

EGADE is a great business school. I actually studied college in Tecnologico de Monterrey. But right now I'm looking for and international experience. Thanks!
maubia

If you consider german schools and you have problems with raising funds you might consider the Whu Concept funding and also a similar option by GISMA (I think that only in German such options are offered)

<blockquote>Hi Duncan, thanks for your reply.

That's because it's the only program that falls within my budget, in comparision, Goethe and Leipzig (HHL) are quite expensive, but maybe with a DAAD scholarship I could afford them, what do you think?</blockquote>

If you consider german schools and you have problems with raising funds you might consider the Whu Concept funding and also a similar option by GISMA (I think that only in German such options are offered)
ralph

Career Concept Bildungsfonds are indeed available to international students at many programs in Germany. Check with the individual programs for requirements - but these are usually loans, and if you're an international student you normally require a co-signer.

Career Concept Bildungsfonds are indeed available to international students at many programs in Germany. Check with the individual programs for requirements - but these are usually loans, and if you're an international student you normally require a co-signer.

<blockquote><blockquote>Hi Duncan, thanks for your reply.

That's because it's the only program that falls within my budget, in comparision, Goethe and Leipzig (HHL) are quite expensive, but maybe with a DAAD scholarship I could afford them, what do you think?</blockquote>

If you consider german schools and you have problems with raising funds you might consider the Whu Concept funding and also a similar option by GISMA (I think that only in German such options are offered)</blockquote>
maubia

Hi Ralph,
no co-signer is required here

http://www.whubraincapital.de/Language/English/

It's interesting because you pay a fixed % of your income ONLY if you have a job (with a maximun pay and even a minimun...if your yearly income falls under 33000e/y you owe nothing)
http://www.whubraincapital.de/Artikel/7/2/Choice/

<blockquote>Career Concept Bildungsfonds are indeed available to international students at many programs in Germany. Check with the individual programs for requirements - but these are usually loans, and if you're an international student you normally require a co-signer.

<blockquote><blockquote>Hi Duncan, thanks for your reply.

If you consider german schools and you have problems with raising funds you might consider the Whu Concept funding and also a similar option by GISMA (I think that only in German such options are offered)</blockquote></blockquote>

Hi Ralph,

It's interesting because you pay a fixed % of your income ONLY if you have a job (with a maximun pay and even a minimun...if your yearly income falls under 33000e/y you owe nothing)
ralph

Indeed, no co-signer is required for that program, but it's limited to EU citizens.

Hi Ralph,

Indeed, no co-signer is required for that program, but it's limited to EU citizens.

<blockquote>Hi Ralph,

http://www.whubraincapital.de/Artikel/7/2/Choice/</blockquote>

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Vienna, Austria 19 Followers 69 Discussions
Alfara del Patriarca (Valencia), Spain 0 Followers 3 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 3 Followers 3 Discussions
Mexico City, Mexico 3 Followers 11 Discussions
Pozuelo de Alarcón (Madrid), Spain 2 Followers 13 Discussions
Barcelona, Spain 16 Followers 27 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 48 Followers 82 Discussions
Salamanca, Spain 1 Follower 3 Discussions
Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico 2 Followers 9 Discussions
Nuevo León, Mexico 3 Followers 14 Discussions
Gengenbach, Germany 32 Followers 43 Discussions
Düsseldorf, Germany 80 Followers 207 Discussions
Leipzig, Germany 70 Followers 196 Discussions
Hannover, Germany 20 Followers 66 Discussions
Cologne, Germany 5 Followers 3 Discussions

Other Related Content

MBA Programs in Germany: A Gateway to Europe

Article May 20, 2013

How an emerging class of top German business schools is helping international students tap into the country's growing economy

Hot Discussions