best marketing programs in europe

I am looking for a list of the best marketing mba programs in europe. i'm talking about the european equivalents of kellogg or wharton in this are.

any ideas gang?

I am looking for a list of the best marketing mba programs in europe. i'm talking about the european equivalents of kellogg or wharton in this are.

any ideas gang?
JohnnyL

Hi Ryan,

In Germany, Mannheim Business School seems to be the clear frontrunner in the field of marketing. Their president is Christian Homburg, who is placed in top positions in national and international academic marketing and business administration rankings.

However, the Mannheim MBA is a general management MBA and not specialized in marketing. But as far as I know, they offer electives.

Frankfurt could be another option for you in Germany. They have a good markting department too and they will offer a full-time MBA program in 2009 for the first time.

Best,
JL

Hi Ryan,

In Germany, Mannheim Business School seems to be the clear frontrunner in the field of marketing. Their president is Christian Homburg, who is placed in top positions in national and international academic marketing and business administration rankings.

However, the Mannheim MBA is a general management MBA and not specialized in marketing. But as far as I know, they offer electives.

Frankfurt could be another option for you in Germany. They have a good markting department too and they will offer a full-time MBA program in 2009 for the first time.

Best,
JL

thank you johnny. wouldnt mind going to germany for this actually. i originally had thought of somewhere in england or spain. do you think frankfurt will be ultra competitive to get into in its first year? im probably too late for round one applications. but maybe round 2 is possible.

peace.
ryan

thank you johnny. wouldnt mind going to germany for this actually. i originally had thought of somewhere in england or spain. do you think frankfurt will be ultra competitive to get into in its first year? im probably too late for round one applications. but maybe round 2 is possible.

peace.
ryan
JohnnyL

Hi Ryan,

Remeber that Mannheim is the Wharton or Harvard of the German market and Frankfurt is a newcomer. They have a reputation that can be compared with UCLA or Thunderbird in the US - pretty good, but not elite. They are not very experienced on the MBA market yet. Their EMBA is small and their fulltime program is new. On the other hand, this can be a chance and it shouldn't be too tough to get admitted to that program. I would apply for both Mannheim and Frankfurt since they are together with WHU the best options on the German market.

Best, JL

Hi Ryan,

Remeber that Mannheim is the Wharton or Harvard of the German market and Frankfurt is a newcomer. They have a reputation that can be compared with UCLA or Thunderbird in the US - pretty good, but not elite. They are not very experienced on the MBA market yet. Their EMBA is small and their fulltime program is new. On the other hand, this can be a chance and it shouldn't be too tough to get admitted to that program. I would apply for both Mannheim and Frankfurt since they are together with WHU the best options on the German market.

Best, JL
SingleSpai...

You may consider "the Execuive Master in Marketing & Sales" that is jointly conducted by ESADE and Bocconi.

best regards,

You may consider "the Execuive Master in Marketing & Sales" that is jointly conducted by ESADE and Bocconi.

best regards,

andy.j.

You can also check out the MBA in Marketing program(advanced marketing) from RSM Erasmus University (Rotterdam School of Management) - ranked NR 8 at financial times rankings. it has good reputation and is know for the large NR of international students(a plus IMO).

You can also check out the MBA in Marketing program(advanced marketing) from RSM Erasmus University (Rotterdam School of Management) - ranked NR 8 at financial times rankings. it has good reputation and is know for the large NR of international students(a plus IMO).

isa09

I´m interesting in studying an marketing MSc in UK or Spain. I am planning on applying to: Instituto de Empresa, Warwick and Manchester. Should I apply to another one, or which one do you consider is best out of the 3 for marketing?

I´m interesting in studying an marketing MSc in UK or Spain. I am planning on applying to: Instituto de Empresa, Warwick and Manchester. Should I apply to another one, or which one do you consider is best out of the 3 for marketing?

The Best MBA programs in Europe for marketing concentration are -
1. INSEAD - France
2. IMD - Switzerland
3. IESE - Spain
4. HEC - Paris
5. London Business School - UK

1. INSEAD - France
2. IMD - Switzerland
3. IESE - Spain
4. HEC - Paris

thanks guys. helpful feedback. so basically, it looks like there's not much distinction between the best marketing programs and the top-ranked programs (period!) i was kind of hoping there was a second-tier school out there that was THE place to go for marketing, but perhaps i'm living in a fantasy land.

thanks guys. helpful feedback. so basically, it looks like there's not much distinction between the best marketing programs and the top-ranked programs (period!) i was kind of hoping there was a second-tier school out there that was THE place to go for marketing, but perhaps i'm living in a fantasy land.
D.jung

business week has published a new "specialty" Rankings, where one of the things they asses is Marketing - very helpful:

http://bwnt.businessweek.com/bschools/graduate/08rankings/specialty_intl.asp?rankcatid=8

some of the schools there are second tier schools.

David

business week has published a new "specialty" Rankings, where one of the things they asses is Marketing - very helpful:

http://bwnt.businessweek.com/bschools/graduate/08rankings/specialty_intl.asp?rankcatid=8

some of the schools there are second tier schools.

David

I am extremely confused.....have been admitted to CEIBS as well as HEC Paris. I don't speak French nor Chinese so that is not a deciding factor. CEIBS is ranked much higher 8th on the FT list however I think HEC has a lot more heritage. I don't know what is a better brand.

I have worked in the banking & financial services sector in India and have a GMAT score of 760. Can someone help me out of my dilemna

I am extremely confused.....have been admitted to CEIBS as well as HEC Paris. I don't speak French nor Chinese so that is not a deciding factor. CEIBS is ranked much higher 8th on the FT list however I think HEC has a lot more heritage. I don't know what is a better brand.

I have worked in the banking & financial services sector in India and have a GMAT score of 760. Can someone help me out of my dilemna

let's try to stay on topic. CEIBS and HEC Paris are kickass schools (congrats!), but you'll get a better response if you post this in an asia-related thread. we're talking european marketing here....

let's try to stay on topic. CEIBS and HEC Paris are kickass schools (congrats!), but you'll get a better response if you post this in an asia-related thread. we're talking european marketing here....
Alan

1. INSEAD - France
2. IMD - Switzerland
3. IESE - Spain
4. HEC - Paris

Sounds convincing but what is this based on, if you don't mind me asking?

<blockquote>The Best MBA programs in Europe for marketing concentration are -
1. INSEAD - France
2. IMD - Switzerland
3. IESE - Spain
4. HEC - Paris
5. London Business School - UK</blockquote>

Sounds convincing but what is this based on, if you don't mind me asking?

sounds okay to me, but i'm not sure thats a complete list of good programs. insead, iese, lbs have strong marketing faculties. what about bocconi?

sounds okay to me, but i'm not sure thats a complete list of good programs. insead, iese, lbs have strong marketing faculties. what about bocconi?
donatello

i dunno about degrees but the marketing research of HEC is actually up there with kellog. google vincent bastien, romain laufer (he answered why is there marketing and why are there service idustries), kapferer (who made some ammendments to kottler), basically look at the faculty. luxury marketing is the historical strength of france, industrial marketing more of germany, us, the scandinavians.

i had colleagues on exchange from bocconi i heard the mkt program is good as well. good luck!

i dunno about degrees but the marketing research of HEC is actually up there with kellog. google vincent bastien, romain laufer (he answered why is there marketing and why are there service idustries), kapferer (who made some ammendments to kottler), basically look at the faculty. luxury marketing is the historical strength of france, industrial marketing more of germany, us, the scandinavians.

i had colleagues on exchange from bocconi i heard the mkt program is good as well. good luck!
Sanny151

Hi all!

Just the firt time found this FAQ)
I see that the discussion was long ago, so .... can somebody update the info about the Marketing Business courses?
I'm from Russia, but I don't believe in @Russian Marketing@ education, so I would like to have some practic and more applied courses for 1 year in Europe... well it would be bette to have, maybe online education with some kind of probition period or internal session!

thanks in advance.

Hi all!

Just the firt time found this FAQ)
I see that the discussion was long ago, so .... can somebody update the info about the Marketing Business courses?
I'm from Russia, but I don't believe in @Russian Marketing@ education, so I would like to have some practic and more applied courses for 1 year in Europe... well it would be bette to have, maybe online education with some kind of probition period or internal session!

thanks in advance.
Duncan

Try http://www.best-masters.com/ranking-master-marketing-in-western-europe.html

Try http://www.best-masters.com/ranking-master-marketing-in-western-europe.html

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Madrid, Spain 3 Followers 107 Discussions
Fontainebleau, France 71 Followers 309 Discussions
Mannheim, Germany 80 Followers 220 Discussions
Düsseldorf, Germany 80 Followers 206 Discussions
Manchester, United Kingdom 65 Followers 514 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 6 Followers 134 Discussions
Barcelona, Spain 49 Followers 245 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 168 Followers 475 Discussions
Coventry, United Kingdom 100 Followers 585 Discussions
Full Profile
Jouy-en-Josas, France 100 Followers 387 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 114 Followers 367 Discussions
Lausanne, Switzerland 46 Followers 155 Discussions
Milan, Italy 70 Followers 211 Discussions
Barcelona, Spain 29 Followers 169 Discussions
Evanston, Illinois 71 Followers 204 Discussions
Rotterdam, Netherlands 80 Followers 223 Discussions

Other Related Content

Dec 01, 2023

Warwick Launches New Hybrid Accelerator MBA For March 2024 Intake

News Dec 01, 2023

Beyond Boxes and Arrows: Transitioning from IT to Marketing

Article Jan 28, 2014

How one student used an EMBA to manage the jump between these two very different disciplines

Top Business Schools for Marketing

Top List

Many MBA programs offer specialized curriculum or concentrations in marketing – and some business schools house research centers that provide networking opportunities and publish relevant research

Hot Discussions