Best country in Europe?

kraioilk

I am from India and I want to do my MBA in Europe and then work for a few years after. Which country do you think is the best for this? I am thinking about applying to IE Business School, HEC, and MIP.

My GMAT score is 720 and I have 4.5 years of experience in technology companies. My goal is to get to management level, maybe in the technology industry or in retail.

I am from India and I want to do my MBA in Europe and then work for a few years after. Which country do you think is the best for this? I am thinking about applying to IE Business School, HEC, and MIP.

My GMAT score is 720 and I have 4.5 years of experience in technology companies. My goal is to get to management level, maybe in the technology industry or in retail.
saroo

east or wast the india is the best

east or wast the india is the best
Inactive User

Depends on a number of things. Do you speak any languages other than English? Knowing French would come in handy if you are looking for work in France, Italian in Italy, etc.

Economic trends being what they are, many countries in Europe aren't exactly doing that well, especially in the south. I suppose it would also depend on what industry you intend on working, since your options will vary by country to country.

Usually, you should get into the best school that you can. One thing you can do is sort the FT rankings by "international mobility" which is the rank based on how many grads transitioned into different countries after the MBA. According to this factor, the top European MBA programs would be:

IMD
LBS (that's in the UK, of course)
St. Gallen
Insead
HEC Paris
ESADE
IESE
Vlerick
Rotterdam School of Management

Depends on a number of things. Do you speak any languages other than English? Knowing French would come in handy if you are looking for work in France, Italian in Italy, etc.

Economic trends being what they are, many countries in Europe aren't exactly doing that well, especially in the south. I suppose it would also depend on what industry you intend on working, since your options will vary by country to country.

Usually, you should get into the best school that you can. One thing you can do is sort the FT rankings by "international mobility" which is the rank based on how many grads transitioned into different countries after the MBA. According to this factor, the top European MBA programs would be:

IMD
LBS (that's in the UK, of course)
St. Gallen
Insead
HEC Paris
ESADE
IESE
Vlerick
Rotterdam School of Management
kraioilk

No I don't speak any other languages. I can learn though. Is it hard to find a job in France or Germany with only English? It's strange that these business schools would offer their MBA programs in English if it was impossible to find jobs afterwards.

No I don't speak any other languages. I can learn though. Is it hard to find a job in France or Germany with only English? It's strange that these business schools would offer their MBA programs in English if it was impossible to find jobs afterwards.
amit101

East or west saroo is an idiot

East or west saroo is an idiot

Hello Kraioilk,

Just to create some overview (if not already). The job market in Europe is very different from one country to another, each with its one characteristic and challenges/opportunities. France and Germany are indeed countries that will create some extra challenges in case you do not speak the local language. Business is pretty much done in their own language (of course there are exceptions to the rule:)

Admittedly I am bit biased, however students studying in Europe for their MBA have good chances of finding a job in Europe. (75% of students tend to be employed in Europe, of which 50 - 60% in The Netherlands). We are helped by the fact the English is widely spoken (business) language in The Netherlands.

However speaking/understanding the basics of the local language would never hurt either:)

Kind regards,
Bart Scheenaard (RSM MBA)

Hello Kraioilk,

Just to create some overview (if not already). The job market in Europe is very different from one country to another, each with its one characteristic and challenges/opportunities. France and Germany are indeed countries that will create some extra challenges in case you do not speak the local language. Business is pretty much done in their own language (of course there are exceptions to the rule:)

Admittedly I am bit biased, however students studying in Europe for their MBA have good chances of finding a job in Europe. (75% of students tend to be employed in Europe, of which 50 - 60% in The Netherlands). We are helped by the fact the English is widely spoken (business) language in The Netherlands.

However speaking/understanding the basics of the local language would never hurt either:)

Kind regards,
Bart Scheenaard (RSM MBA)

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Madrid, Spain 114 Followers 367 Discussions
Full Profile
Jouy-en-Josas, France 100 Followers 387 Discussions
Milan, Italy 22 Followers 82 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023

Video: The MBA Experience in Europe

Article Aug 05, 2013

What it's really like to do an MBA at a European business school

Top Business Schools for Retail and Consumer Goods

Top List

Retail and consumer goods are huge businesses. Here's a list of the best MBA programs for careers in these lucrative sectors

Related MBA Specializations

Hot Discussions