alma graduate school new student

I just got my admissions letter to this school and I'm pretty excited about it, But I'm also pretty terrified that I only have a month to prepare..

I was trying to search the internet to see if there are any students that I could reach out to that can help/guide me with any tips or insider knowledge about how to go about my move to Italy (I'm from the US) and how to make my enrollment process as smooth as it can be..

I just got my admissions letter to this school and I'm pretty excited about it, But I'm also pretty terrified that I only have a month to prepare..

I was trying to search the internet to see if there are any students that I could reach out to that can help/guide me with any tips or insider knowledge about how to go about my move to Italy (I'm from the US) and how to make my enrollment process as smooth as it can be..
syke

Me too, so excited. There are other threads on this school, so check it out. Also this blog i found really useful.

http://almambaexperience.blogspot.com/

Me too, so excited. There are other threads on this school, so check it out. Also this blog i found really useful.

http://almambaexperience.blogspot.com/

Congratulations! How's your preparation going so far? Where you coming from? I'm excited as well!

Congratulations! How's your preparation going so far? Where you coming from? I'm excited as well!
syke

Thanx, I'm coming from South Africa. I am so panciked, have to lease out my place n sell my car. So much to do and so little time:)

Thanx, I'm coming from South Africa. I am so panciked, have to lease out my place n sell my car. So much to do and so little time:)
maubia

Sorry guys.. but I don't understand why you find this school so exciting!
County, location, ecc ... nothing about this school seems so interesting

Sorry guys.. but I don't understand why you find this school so exciting!
County, location, ecc ... nothing about this school seems so interesting

Tell me about it! When are you going to fly to Bologna? I'm currently waiting on my visa, so confusing as to how to organize the requirements for that, the consulate websites here in the US is not very clear..

I'm also trying to find a temporary place to stay there while I'm looking for an apartment, so far I've come up with 1 that I'm still going to talk to.. cross fingers..

<blockquote>Thanx, I'm coming from South Africa. I am so panciked, have to lease out my place n sell my car. So much to do and so little time:)</blockquote>

Tell me about it! When are you going to fly to Bologna? I'm currently waiting on my visa, so confusing as to how to organize the requirements for that, the consulate websites here in the US is not very clear..

I'm also trying to find a temporary place to stay there while I'm looking for an apartment, so far I've come up with 1 that I'm still going to talk to.. cross fingers..
syke

I'm also looking for an aprtment, but I think it's best to view them in person before getting a lease. Have you identified any reasonable hotels/ b&b's in order to stay for the interim? The italian consulate this side wants you to first buy a plane ticket before they issue you with a visa, so i'm booking my ticket so I can arrive by the 18th in Bologna- I need those Italian lessons-lol.

Good luck with the place

I'm also looking for an aprtment, but I think it's best to view them in person before getting a lease. Have you identified any reasonable hotels/ b&b's in order to stay for the interim? The italian consulate this side wants you to first buy a plane ticket before they issue you with a visa, so i'm booking my ticket so I can arrive by the 18th in Bologna- I need those Italian lessons-lol.

Good luck with the place

Good luck with the place

I'm currently trying to look for hotels/b&bs but unfortunately all of them are either booked or really expensive for a single person. There's an exhibition going on during the time that I want so I'm still a bit unlucky.. What about you?

When are you going to arrive in Bologna?

<blockquote>I'm also looking for an aprtment, but I think it's best to view them in person before getting a lease. Have you identified any reasonable hotels/ b&b's in order to stay for the interim? The italian consulate this side wants you to first buy a plane ticket before they issue you with a visa, so i'm booking my ticket so I can arrive by the 18th in Bologna- I need those Italian lessons-lol.

Good luck with the place</blockquote>

I'm currently trying to look for hotels/b&bs but unfortunately all of them are either booked or really expensive for a single person. There's an exhibition going on during the time that I want so I'm still a bit unlucky.. What about you?

When are you going to arrive in Bologna?
syke

I know...hard gettng a place hey. I arrive on the 18th, just in time for those extra lessons.

I know...hard gettng a place hey. I arrive on the 18th, just in time for those extra lessons.

I'm using this website in case you're still on the hunt:

http://www.bed-and-breakfast-in-italy.com

<blockquote>I know...hard gettng a place hey. I arrive on the 18th, just in time for those extra lessons.</blockquote>

I'm using this website in case you're still on the hunt:

http://www.bed-and-breakfast-in-italy.com
syke

Oh great, thanx for the link. I'm definetely still looking.

Oh great, thanx for the link. I'm definetely still looking.
anjum

I am also a new student and want to know about placement services in Alma. and also about acommodation.

I am also a new student and want to know about placement services in Alma. and also about acommodation.
iolanda

I am also going to Alma for the MBA. I would like to discuss with you some details about the program.

I am also going to Alma for the MBA. I would like to discuss with you some details about the program.

Hi guys!

Did you guys receive the emails the school sent last week with regards to placement, housing etc? If not, pm me your address and I'll send them your way

Hi guys!

Did you guys receive the emails the school sent last week with regards to placement, housing etc? If not, pm me your address and I'll send them your way
agrodolce

hi, I am a graduate of last year of banking program, and my advice to this year students (please, let them know, as you are their classmates now, i guess), as you are already in the program and can t get back, just don t rely on the unicredit job opportunities. they don t exist, start look for jobs as soon as possible, january-march, you will have to make the internship at unicredit anyways, as it is part of the program and you can t get diploma without it, but it is just a formality, in majority of cases they don t consider it as a future hiring opportunity. and one more thing - if they say you don t need italian - don t trust them, it s bullshit. it relates to everyone, i don t know why they keep making it international mba as actually without italian language it s hard to find an internship (it is for DFLG, as unicredit will take banking student for internship) or to make any good of it in the future (hiring). so, my advice for this year student:1)start to look for jobs early, and 2) learn italian

hi, I am a graduate of last year of banking program, and my advice to this year students (please, let them know, as you are their classmates now, i guess), as you are already in the program and can t get back, just don t rely on the unicredit job opportunities. they don t exist, start look for jobs as soon as possible, january-march, you will have to make the internship at unicredit anyways, as it is part of the program and you can t get diploma without it, but it is just a formality, in majority of cases they don t consider it as a future hiring opportunity. and one more thing - if they say you don t need italian - don t trust them, it s bullshit. it relates to everyone, i don t know why they keep making it international mba as actually without italian language it s hard to find an internship (it is for DFLG, as unicredit will take banking student for internship) or to make any good of it in the future (hiring). so, my advice for this year student:1)start to look for jobs early, and 2) learn italian
maubia

I'm italian and I really wonder why someone should come from abroad to take this mba.....
By the way, and this must be clear for everybody: your chance to get a job in italy without knowning italian language is close to 1% ... and only if you have exceptional skills.
I live in Veneto and I worked as consultant for 3y... Sometimes you even need dialect...

I'm italian and I really wonder why someone should come from abroad to take this mba.....
By the way, and this must be clear for everybody: your chance to get a job in italy without knowning italian language is close to 1% ... and only if you have exceptional skills.
I live in Veneto and I worked as consultant for 3y... Sometimes you even need dialect...
agrodolce

they attract students with cheap loans and scholarships, it s a good deal in terms of money, but roi... new students are already there and made commitments, so i am just trying to advice them to make the best of it.
you are absolutely right - with no italian language - 1% chance, for a graduate of this school (nobody even in italy knows this school) - almost 0

they attract students with cheap loans and scholarships, it s a good deal in terms of money, but roi... new students are already there and made commitments, so i am just trying to advice them to make the best of it.
you are absolutely right - with no italian language - 1% chance, for a graduate of this school (nobody even in italy knows this school) - almost 0

I appreciate the effort to let us know of how the program is, at this point of the game.

Believe me and I also speak for some of the students as well, I have searched endlessly for previous students of this school before even considering enrolling in the program, contacted them and asked them what they think about the program. In my own experience, I received 0 feedbacks from those students. It is quite a task to consider this program without any source of help or advice.

That being said, I considered enrolling knowing the risks. IT will be hard, but nothing comes easy.

thanks.

I appreciate the effort to let us know of how the program is, at this point of the game.

Believe me and I also speak for some of the students as well, I have searched endlessly for previous students of this school before even considering enrolling in the program, contacted them and asked them what they think about the program. In my own experience, I received 0 feedbacks from those students. It is quite a task to consider this program without any source of help or advice.

That being said, I considered enrolling knowing the risks. IT will be hard, but nothing comes easy.

thanks.

agrodolce

really sorry, nobody contacted me however. so now being at this point i just suggest you to learn italian, and not to rely on school and unicredit to help with jobs. dflg for sure will have lots of problems with finding internships. unicredit will provide internships but has nothing to do with jobs. other new programs don t know. wish you luck! (couldnt you find us on facebook)

really sorry, nobody contacted me however. so now being at this point i just suggest you to learn italian, and not to rely on school and unicredit to help with jobs. dflg for sure will have lots of problems with finding internships. unicredit will provide internships but has nothing to do with jobs. other new programs don t know. wish you luck! (couldnt you find us on facebook)
syke

Hi, I also searched everwhere for info on this mba...and aside from all the university infomation found 1 blog on the net written by a lady in the dflg program- and she gave it great reviews. This program is also mentioned on other threads here on FIND MBA, but no-one there also seemed to know much, except the other students in the course who also gave it good reveiews. I didn't see an 2010 class group on facebook either. If there is more to tell us, please do.

Thanks

Hi, I also searched everwhere for info on this mba...and aside from all the university infomation found 1 blog on the net written by a lady in the dflg program- and she gave it great reviews. This program is also mentioned on other threads here on FIND MBA, but no-one there also seemed to know much, except the other students in the course who also gave it good reveiews. I didn't see an 2010 class group on facebook either. If there is more to tell us, please do.

Thanks

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Bologna, Italy 39 Followers 26 Discussions

Other Related Content

MBA Programs in Italy: La Dolce Vita

Article Jul 29, 2013

How a number of one-year MBA programs are still luring people to the country from all over the world, despite an economic downturn

Hot Discussions