About St.Gallen

I have received admission for ST.Gallen and HLL. Will you please suggest me where to goand why. My background complies of 8 years in FMCG and Telecom. I am academically from Economics and Accounts background.

I have received admission for ST.Gallen and HLL. Will you please suggest me where to goand why. My background complies of 8 years in FMCG and Telecom. I am academically from Economics and Accounts background.
mindstew

I haven't heard of HLL. St. Gallen is a very good school if you want to work in Switzerland post graduation. How good is your German? You have to speak it if you want to increase your employment opportunities in Switzerland. St. Gallen will not take you too far if you want to relocate somewhere else after graduation.

I haven't heard of HLL. St. Gallen is a very good school if you want to work in Switzerland post graduation. How good is your German? You have to speak it if you want to increase your employment opportunities in Switzerland. St. Gallen will not take you too far if you want to relocate somewhere else after graduation.

Thanks yaar. But HHL, is Leipzig Graduate school of Mangement, in Germany. Frankly speaking you are true to the answer. What I also found out of st.gallen is may be it it a good school but not too sure about its future prospects. Yet after having a chat with different alumni of HHL,what I found out is that they are slow but very very steady. They have come up in their international ranking and giving good prospect to the employers have also increased their ranking in Employer's Choice of favourite Bschool(topmba site).
It doesn't shout much but does what is required for it's students to get job.
I have also got the offer from Hult business school(99 in FT), but to me cost is huge.
I have got also in SDA bocanni today. Now it is really a hard factor to choose from the choices.
Cost, reputation,future prospect and ROI, some of the factors that needs to look into.
Please if some thoughts in this?

Thanks yaar. But HHL, is Leipzig Graduate school of Mangement, in Germany. Frankly speaking you are true to the answer. What I also found out of st.gallen is may be it it a good school but not too sure about its future prospects. Yet after having a chat with different alumni of HHL,what I found out is that they are slow but very very steady. They have come up in their international ranking and giving good prospect to the employers have also increased their ranking in Employer's Choice of favourite Bschool(topmba site).
I have also got the offer from Hult business school(99 in FT), but to me cost is huge.
I have got also in SDA bocanni today. Now it is really a hard factor to choose from the choices.
Cost, reputation,future prospect and ROI, some of the factors that needs to look into.
mindstew

Personally, I would choose St. Gallen. The MBA program is still not ranked because it's quite new but I am sure it will pick up soon. Also, what do you want to do post graduation? I am interested in finance and that's perceived as St. Gallen's strength. If you are interested in general management or entrepreneurship I do not really know how it ranks compared to the other two. Also, I know St. Gallen class is pretty small and your post MBA network will probably be relatively small as well. Good luck!

<blockquote>Thanks yaar. But HHL, is Leipzig Graduate school of Mangement, in Germany. Frankly speaking you are true to the answer. What I also found out of st.gallen is may be it it a good school but not too sure about its future prospects. Yet after having a chat with different alumni of HHL,what I found out is that they are slow but very very steady. They have come up in their international ranking and giving good prospect to the employers have also increased their ranking in Employer's Choice of favourite Bschool(topmba site).
Please if some thoughts in this?</blockquote>

Personally, I would choose St. Gallen. The MBA program is still not ranked because it's quite new but I am sure it will pick up soon. Also, what do you want to do post graduation? I am interested in finance and that's perceived as St. Gallen's strength. If you are interested in general management or entrepreneurship I do not really know how it ranks compared to the other two. Also, I know St. Gallen class is pretty small and your post MBA network will probably be relatively small as well. Good luck!
JohnnyL

Hi there,

I would clearly prefer St. Gallen. Besides Mannheim and WHU, they offer the best MBA education in the German speaking world. HHL is a very young and small school. One of their major problems is their location. Leipzig is far awy from being a business center and the Eastern part of Germany is still not very attractive for foreigners to work and live.

Best,
JL

Hi there,

I would clearly prefer St. Gallen. Besides Mannheim and WHU, they offer the best MBA education in the German speaking world. HHL is a very young and small school. One of their major problems is their location. Leipzig is far awy from being a business center and the Eastern part of Germany is still not very attractive for foreigners to work and live.

Best,
JL
Oshrat.H

its true that Leipzig is a new school, that has yet to prove itself, but i wouldn't say that the city is not attractive to foreigners - it is cheap, beautiful, and full with students. but it is true, it is not known as a business center anymore(it was quite an important one in the past).

its true that Leipzig is a new school, that has yet to prove itself, but i wouldn't say that the city is not attractive to foreigners - it is cheap, beautiful, and full with students. but it is true, it is not known as a business center anymore(it was quite an important one in the past).

I am not concern about the place or the being a trade centre or not. If anyone can through some light regarding the effectiveness of a bschool. LBS is great but not for me so I didnot applied. Like that the Bschool that gives good opportunity and good salary good position good company I am more inclined to that. Can someone throw some practical light to it.
Thanks in advance for him.

I am not concern about the place or the being a trade centre or not. If anyone can through some light regarding the effectiveness of a bschool. LBS is great but not for me so I didnot applied. Like that the Bschool that gives good opportunity and good salary good position good company I am more inclined to that. Can someone throw some practical light to it.
Thanks in advance for him.
andy.j.

well, being in a town that is a trade center is a great plus - it opens up career options, and makes it easier to find a good internship place. if you are concerned about the school,you should look at the companies recruiting there, and try to find as much as you can about the alumni network and the career service. about the salary - you can look at the ratings - some of them offer information about the increase in salary to be expected, but this is not a reliable data, as it is based on information coming from the alumni of the school directly.....

well, being in a town that is a trade center is a great plus - it opens up career options, and makes it easier to find a good internship place. if you are concerned about the school,you should look at the companies recruiting there, and try to find as much as you can about the alumni network and the career service. about the salary - you can look at the ratings - some of them offer information about the increase in salary to be expected, but this is not a reliable data, as it is based on information coming from the alumni of the school directly.....

Thanks andy. Just to enquire further where to get this datas? There is no co in the world that advertise their salary on net and no alumni in the world would like to share their salary in public. It is obvious that it would contain water. Now to get this data.
Again I donot know about germany but in different parts of the world companies visit to the institute to get students, being the place business centric ir not.

Thanks andy. Just to enquire further where to get this datas? There is no co in the world that advertise their salary on net and no alumni in the world would like to share their salary in public. It is obvious that it would contain water. Now to get this data.
Again I donot know about germany but in different parts of the world companies visit to the institute to get students, being the place business centric ir not.
p1i_mo

hi concerned_mba,
How long did the ad team take to shortlist u after submission? I wanted a gauge to know my chances.

hi concerned_mba,
How long did the ad team take to shortlist u after submission? I wanted a gauge to know my chances.

21 days. More or less common with everyone.

21 days. More or less common with everyone.
ak1jain

Hello,

I got the interview invite for St Gallen. Can someone help with some guidelines? What are the prospects of their MBA?

TIA

Hello,

I got the interview invite for St Gallen. Can someone help with some guidelines? What are the prospects of their MBA?

TIA
turnerunk

hi there. I have an interview on June 3rd. How many others have had interviews and got accepted/rejected? Just curious on the mixture of MBA candidates I might be studying with. If it's anything like what they have had in the past, I will have a most memorable time learning from everyone. Hope you all have good luck!!

Nate

hi there. I have an interview on June 3rd. How many others have had interviews and got accepted/rejected? Just curious on the mixture of MBA candidates I might be studying with. If it's anything like what they have had in the past, I will have a most memorable time learning from everyone. Hope you all have good luck!!

Nate
ak1jain

Hey Nate,

I also have the interview scheduled on 3rd of June. Can you shed some light on your profile? Are you aware what kind of questions are asked in the interview? Any specific things they are looking at?

Regards

ak1jain

Hey Nate,

I also have the interview scheduled on 3rd of June. Can you shed some light on your profile? Are you aware what kind of questions are asked in the interview? Any specific things they are looking at?

Regards

ak1jain
turnerunk

Hey Nate,

Regards

ak1jain

I don't really know, but something along the lines of why the MBA from St. Gallen and why now, and then something that will trip us up like, "what CEO do you most admire?" etc. type quesions. I have 7 years of work experience with the last three in biotech sales and marketing. I own a business english language school, have a master's in psychology, and 650 gmat score, which is near the bottom of what they like of course! :) anyway, I don't know if I have anything else to share with you and not much advice or help. sorry. Oh, I'm American also, where are you from?

<blockquote>Hey Nate,

Regards

ak1jain</blockquote>

I don't really know, but something along the lines of why the MBA from St. Gallen and why now, and then something that will trip us up like, "what CEO do you most admire?" etc. type quesions. I have 7 years of work experience with the last three in biotech sales and marketing. I own a business english language school, have a master's in psychology, and 650 gmat score, which is near the bottom of what they like of course! :) anyway, I don't know if I have anything else to share with you and not much advice or help. sorry. Oh, I'm American also, where are you from?
ak1jain

Hey Nate,

Thanks for sharing your profile. Here goes my profile. I have 690 GMAT, 8 years experience with 3 years in my own entrepreneurial startup. Currently working as technology architecture consultant (IT). I have done my engineering and post mba would like to stick to same industry with more into management consulting.

BTW, I am not American and I am from India.

Thanks

Ak1jain

Hey Nate,

Thanks for sharing your profile. Here goes my profile. I have 690 GMAT, 8 years experience with 3 years in my own entrepreneurial startup. Currently working as technology architecture consultant (IT). I have done my engineering and post mba would like to stick to same industry with more into management consulting.

Thanks

Ak1jain
p1i_mo

Hi,
Anyone can share more experiences of their mba study in St. Gallen, like the teaching methods, projects placement, etc.

Hi,
Anyone can share more experiences of their mba study in St. Gallen, like the teaching methods, projects placement, etc.
turnerunk

well, got the interview that I wanted. let's hope it's enough to impress the adcomm. does anyone know how much weight is put on the interview? The interviewer said they have had 65 applications for this round, of which 40 or so are being interviewed for the last 10 spots. anyone have any news on what the chances are?

Thanks!

well, got the interview that I wanted. let's hope it's enough to impress the adcomm. does anyone know how much weight is put on the interview? The interviewer said they have had 65 applications for this round, of which 40 or so are being interviewed for the last 10 spots. anyone have any news on what the chances are?

Thanks!
turnerunk

Hey Nate,

Thanks

Ak1jain

Hey there!! so, what did you think of your interview? I thought mine was pretty nice and easy, nothing too difficult. Did you interview with Oliver or Barbara? anyway, if we both get in we'll have to stay in touch.

Talk to you later!

nate
my email is:
turnerunk-at-hotmail-dot-com

<blockquote>Hey Nate,

Thanks

Ak1jain</blockquote>

Hey there!! so, what did you think of your interview? I thought mine was pretty nice and easy, nothing too difficult. Did you interview with Oliver or Barbara? anyway, if we both get in we'll have to stay in touch.

Talk to you later!

nate
my email is:
turnerunk

Hi,

Hi there! how did your interview go? Mine was pretty simple and not too difficult. anyway, it seems as we should all stay in touch if we all get in. with such a small group, it will be easy to do so. talk to you later!

nate

Later

<blockquote>Hi,
</blockquote>

Hi there! how did your interview go? Mine was pretty simple and not too difficult. anyway, it seems as we should all stay in touch if we all get in. with such a small group, it will be easy to do so. talk to you later!

nate

Later

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Milan, Italy 70 Followers 211 Discussions
Leipzig, Germany 70 Followers 196 Discussions
St. Gallen, Switzerland 44 Followers 142 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023

Top 10 Ranked Business Schools in German-Speaking Europe

Top List

German-speaking Europe, sometimes known as the DACH region — Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, along with parts of Switzerland, Belgium and Luxembourg — is home to a number of world-class business schools. Here are a list of 10 business schools in the region that are ranked by international publications