About SBS switzerland

Can anyone tell me whether the year long MBA programme at SBS, Swiss Business School requires GMAT or not??
Nowhere in the reqirements have they mentioned that GMAT is mandatory. However at the bottom they have given the GMAT institute code . Please can anyone tell me about this

Can anyone tell me whether the year long MBA programme at SBS, Swiss Business School requires GMAT or not??
Nowhere in the reqirements have they mentioned that GMAT is mandatory. However at the bottom they have given the GMAT institute code . Please can anyone tell me about this
JamieO

I don't think it is a 'must' for SBS but they probably have the GMAT number for applicants who take it anyway. A few places I talked to that didn't require GMAT asked me to include my score anyway as extra support for an application.

I don't think it is a 'must' for SBS but they probably have the GMAT number for applicants who take it anyway. A few places I talked to that didn't require GMAT asked me to include my score anyway as extra support for an application.
Irena

Exactly, as you say Jamie.
You have to understand that even in the case when GMAT is not compulsary, the school needs to evaluate how qualified each candidate is. So GMAT scores will be taken into account , or, if not available, other indicators. That would be other scores, results of your bachelor or similar, or the B school has its own admission test. The advantage of the GMAT is that it is easy to interprete.

But in any case the school will somehow establish your qualification and your capacities. In the first place they have to make sure that you are educated and smart enough to do their MBA. In the second place, in case there are more cadidates than places, they will accept those sutdents with the best overall profile - and this profile needs to be established somehow, GMAT can be one factor.

Exactly, as you say Jamie.
You have to understand that even in the case when GMAT is not compulsary, the school needs to evaluate how qualified each candidate is. So GMAT scores will be taken into account , or, if not available, other indicators. That would be other scores, results of your bachelor or similar, or the B school has its own admission test. The advantage of the GMAT is that it is easy to interprete.

But in any case the school will somehow establish your qualification and your capacities. In the first place they have to make sure that you are educated and smart enough to do their MBA. In the second place, in case there are more cadidates than places, they will accept those sutdents with the best overall profile - and this profile needs to be established somehow, GMAT can be one factor.
simone

Hi, further to your discussion.Please note a GMAT and TOEFL test is indeed mandatory for being admitted. I have completed the tests. I had a 3 hour session on a Saterday (could be anyday but need to be arranged with the test keeper). I have received an acceptance email and letter after 4 days. So prepare well and good luck!!! Simone

Hi, further to your discussion.Please note a GMAT and TOEFL test is indeed mandatory for being admitted. I have completed the tests. I had a 3 hour session on a Saterday (could be anyday but need to be arranged with the test keeper). I have received an acceptance email and letter after 4 days. So prepare well and good luck!!! Simone
Irena

Do you know what currently the average GMAT is among students of SBS? I'd also be very curious to know what GMAT you have (if you don't mind sharing that info).

Do you know what currently the average GMAT is among students of SBS? I'd also be very curious to know what GMAT you have (if you don't mind sharing that info).
simone

Hallo Irena. I do not know the average GMAT score among SBS students, but I was informed that most test takers pass. You need to buy the latest GMAT book (publishers from MacGraw) then do the excercises and focus on the 6 exam 'mock' tests at the end of the book. If you are able to do these tests, you will be fine.
In addition, I only received a letter of acceptance by mail and did not request neither receive my score. Hope this helps... All the best. Simone

Hallo Irena. I do not know the average GMAT score among SBS students, but I was informed that most test takers pass. You need to buy the latest GMAT book (publishers from MacGraw) then do the excercises and focus on the 6 exam 'mock' tests at the end of the book. If you are able to do these tests, you will be fine.
In addition, I only received a letter of acceptance by mail and did not request neither receive my score. Hope this helps... All the best. Simone
Irena

I see, that's interesting, so the chances of being accepted at SBS are quite high.
Are you going to do that MBA in SBS, or did you apply to other schools too?
Bye, Irena

I see, that's interesting, so the chances of being accepted at SBS are quite high.
Are you going to do that MBA in SBS, or did you apply to other schools too?
Bye, Irena
simone

Hallo Irena, alternatively you can also contact Pawel Tschaikowsky with email '[email protected]' or Subrena Self with email '[email protected]' from SBS for further information. They were extremely helpfull and efficient to all my queries.
I endevour to start with the October 2007 EMBA enrolement which will be held on Saterdays for 15 months. Let's see...
Which one are you aiming for? Take care and all the best.
Ciou, Simone

Hallo Irena, alternatively you can also contact Pawel Tschaikowsky with email '[email protected]' or Subrena Self with email '[email protected]' from SBS for further information. They were extremely helpfull and efficient to all my queries.
I endevour to start with the October 2007 EMBA enrolement which will be held on Saterdays for 15 months. Let's see...
Which one are you aiming for? Take care and all the best.
Ciou, Simone
Irena

Hello Simone,
I am interested in the EMBA. Thanks for the contacts, I will write to them directly to know more about the program.
But I will definitely apply at several schools. The school should be located in the German speaking part of Europe, that is a major point for me.
Then I will of course choose the best EMBA I get accepted to, from all aspects, reputation, accreditations, rankings etc.

Good luck with your studies!
Irena

Hello Simone,
I am interested in the EMBA. Thanks for the contacts, I will write to them directly to know more about the program.
But I will definitely apply at several schools. The school should be located in the German speaking part of Europe, that is a major point for me.
Then I will of course choose the best EMBA I get accepted to, from all aspects, reputation, accreditations, rankings etc.

Good luck with your studies!
Irena

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Kloten-Zurich, Switzerland 16 Followers 19 Discussions

Hot Discussions