1 or 2 yr EMBA in Europe Advice

RKur21

I have been researching E MBA one year and part time programs throughout Europe for a couple weeks. As a 15 year business professional, 10 years as an entrepreneur owning three companies and shareholder in three additional companies I consulted as chief business architect, I have taken the last 6 months off from pure exhaustion. Now refreshed, I have decided I wish to receive an EMBA to further my business skills and network, as I begin to craft my next company focused on venture investment, development and consultancy in technology, multimedia, digital and social content. I have looked at INSEAD, Oxford Said, LBU (consulting focus), IE, IESE, ESADE, CBS (innovation) and Aalto (innovation & close to Tallinn). My intention is to round out my business and financial acumen as leadership (understand for the last 10 years I have had employees handling these areas while I could focus on leadership, new business development, innovation and marketing & branding). My timing doesn't seem perfect as most schools have just begun their session. However, I plan to leave, as I have for the past months my business in the hands of my partners. During my time in Europe, I also desire to employ my skills within the European environment so I can continue to learn culture and standards (as I have spent more than 8 years of my life outside of the states with much appreciation and reverence for global understanding).

Your suggests are more than welcome. My Best....

I have been researching E MBA one year and part time programs throughout Europe for a couple weeks. As a 15 year business professional, 10 years as an entrepreneur owning three companies and shareholder in three additional companies I consulted as chief business architect, I have taken the last 6 months off from pure exhaustion. Now refreshed, I have decided I wish to receive an EMBA to further my business skills and network, as I begin to craft my next company focused on venture investment, development and consultancy in technology, multimedia, digital and social content. I have looked at INSEAD, Oxford Said, LBU (consulting focus), IE, IESE, ESADE, CBS (innovation) and Aalto (innovation & close to Tallinn). My intention is to round out my business and financial acumen as leadership (understand for the last 10 years I have had employees handling these areas while I could focus on leadership, new business development, innovation and marketing & branding). My timing doesn't seem perfect as most schools have just begun their session. However, I plan to leave, as I have for the past months my business in the hands of my partners. During my time in Europe, I also desire to employ my skills within the European environment so I can continue to learn culture and standards (as I have spent more than 8 years of my life outside of the states with much appreciation and reverence for global understanding).

Your suggests are more than welcome. My Best....
Duncan

Did you consider the Chicago MBA in London, or the HHL-Munich MBA in innovation? I would also consider the Sloan Fellows programme at London Business School.

Did you consider the Chicago MBA in London, or the HHL-Munich MBA in innovation? I would also consider the Sloan Fellows programme at London Business School.
ezra

It sounds like you've covered all the bases, and Duncan has given you some good suggestions. I'd recommend trying to narrow it down by geography: where do you want to develop networks?

Also, portions of the more entrepreneurial-oriented programs you mentioned will be geared towards launching a startup and securing venture funding. IE has its Venture Lab - and the third semester of the Copenhagen program is all about "Business Development and Innovation." This part of the curriculum may be valuable for you, or it might not.

It sounds like you've covered all the bases, and Duncan has given you some good suggestions. I'd recommend trying to narrow it down by geography: where do you want to develop networks?

Also, portions of the more entrepreneurial-oriented programs you mentioned will be geared towards launching a startup and securing venture funding. IE has its Venture Lab - and the third semester of the Copenhagen program is all about "Business Development and Innovation." This part of the curriculum may be valuable for you, or it might not.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Helsinki, Finland 19 Followers 18 Discussions
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates 5 Followers 53 Discussions
Munich, Germany 9 Followers 25 Discussions
Singapore 33 Followers 171 Discussions
Fontainebleau, France 71 Followers 309 Discussions
Leipzig, Germany 70 Followers 196 Discussions
Oxford, United Kingdom 70 Followers 277 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 6 Followers 134 Discussions
Barcelona, Spain 49 Followers 245 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 168 Followers 475 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 114 Followers 367 Discussions
Frederiksberg, Denmark 57 Followers 75 Discussions
Barcelona, Spain 29 Followers 169 Discussions
New York City, New York 158 Followers 259 Discussions
Chicago, Illinois 42 Followers 149 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 3 Followers 107 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 1 Follower 4 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023