Online MBA at University of Liverpool

jimshui

I live in Hong Kong and got a bachelor degree with second upper class from University of Wales (UK) through a local institution in Hong Kong and have 14 years supervisory experience in a telecom company. I am interested in online MBA to enrich my CV and advance the career. I had applied MBA at University of Liverpool and just had an interview with the education advisor of Laureate Online Education. I will not apply the local University since Distance learning is more suitable for me. I want to have you guy's recent comment on University of Liverpool as I found some negative feedback about the course run by Laureate/Liverpool previously.... thank you for all's input in advance.

[Edited by jimshui on Nov 21, 2014]

I live in Hong Kong and got a bachelor degree with second upper class from University of Wales (UK) through a local institution in Hong Kong and have 14 years supervisory experience in a telecom company. I am interested in online MBA to enrich my CV and advance the career. I had applied MBA at University of Liverpool and just had an interview with the education advisor of Laureate Online Education. I will not apply the local University since Distance learning is more suitable for me. I want to have you guy's recent comment on University of Liverpool as I found some negative feedback about the course run by Laureate/Liverpool previously.... thank you for all's input in advance.
Duncan

If you want to enrich your resume then I am sure there are better options with colleges in Hong Kong. If you must do distance learning then a triple-accredited programme like Durham, Manchester, Warwick, Aston, Bradford, Newcastle or Henley would be a strong option.

If you want to enrich your resume then I am sure there are better options with colleges in Hong Kong. If you must do distance learning then a triple-accredited programme like Durham, Manchester, Warwick, Aston, Bradford, Newcastle or Henley would be a strong option.
jimshui

Thanks Duncan. How about Leicester's online MBA? Apart from online MBA, I find that Glyndwr University has collaborated with one of local institutions in HK for a part time MBA programme, the ranking of this University in The Guardian 2014 improved significantly. I am aware that their MBA isn't accredited, may I have your thoughts on this? Thanks!

[Edited by jimshui on Nov 21, 2014]

Thanks Duncan. How about Leicester's online MBA? Apart from online MBA, I find that Glyndwr University has collaborated with one of local institutions in HK for a part time MBA programme, the ranking of this University in The Guardian 2014 improved significantly. I am aware that their MBA isn't accredited, may I have your thoughts on this? Thanks! [quote][/quote]
Duncan

Leicester has triple acceditation, I think, so it's better but the feedback you can find on this forum shows it's worse than the other programmes I mentioned.

Glynd?r isn't an option to take seriously. I'm from the area around there, oddly enough, and the university is just never going to be come above average or get accreditation.

Leicester has triple acceditation, I think, so it's better but the feedback you can find on this forum shows it's worse than the other programmes I mentioned.

Glynd?r isn't an option to take seriously. I'm from the area around there, oddly enough, and the university is just never going to be come above average or get accreditation.
jimshui

Thank you so much for your valuable comment!

[quote][/quote] Thank you so much for your valuable comment!
Duncan

Also consider http://www.geteducated.com/online-college-ratings-and-rankings/best-buy-lists/best-buy-online-masters-mba-aacsb

Also consider http://www.geteducated.com/online-college-ratings-and-rankings/best-buy-lists/best-buy-online-masters-mba-aacsb
jimshui

Great thanks Ducan.

Great thanks Ducan. [quote][/quote]
jimshui

I just got a conditional offer from Durham University for its Global MBA. Having searched on the forum and had Ducan's comment, knowing that the reputation and the quality of the course are good. Can anyone help share the online learning experience at Durham? esp. the response of lecturer to student's questions, online facilities and resources. Great thanks for input.

[Edited by jimshui on Nov 26, 2014]

I just got a conditional offer from Durham University for its Global MBA. Having searched on the forum and had Ducan's comment, knowing that the reputation and the quality of the course are good. Can anyone help share the online learning experience at Durham? esp. the response of lecturer to student's questions, online facilities and resources. Great thanks for input.
Duncan

There is a lot of discussion on the board if you search it, including by George - a participant.

There is a lot of discussion on the board if you search it, including by George - a participant.
jimshui

Does anyone know Whether Durham denotes "Distance learning" on the transcript? I have consulted Durham and they just mentioned that no DL would be stated on the certificate. Thanks a lot.

Does anyone know Whether Durham denotes "Distance learning" on the transcript? I have consulted Durham and they just mentioned that no DL would be stated on the certificate. Thanks a lot.

Why, do you think they're lying to you?

Why, do you think they're lying to you?
jimshui

No. They just mentioned that no DL is denoted on the Degree certificate. But I want to clarify if DL will be stated on the transcript.

No. They just mentioned that no DL is denoted on the Degree certificate. But I want to clarify if DL will be stated on the transcript.
Duncan

I don't think any school would have that in the degree name or transcript.

I don't think any school would have that in the degree name or transcript.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Leicester, United Kingdom (UK) 12 Followers 19 Discussions
Reading (United Kingdom), United Kingdom (UK) 21 Followers 21 Discussions
Coventry, United Kingdom (UK) 82 Followers 95 Discussions
Birmingham (United Kingdom), United Kingdom (UK) 28 Followers 32 Discussions
Bradford, United Kingdom (UK) 42 Followers 98 Discussions
Durham (United Kingdom), United Kingdom (UK) 58 Followers 86 Discussions
Liverpool, United Kingdom (UK) 20 Followers 17 Discussions

Other Related Content

Are Online MBA Programs Closing the Quality Gap?

Article Nov 05, 2019

More distance learning programs are upgrading technology and using residencies to match up with on-campus programs