List of top 50 or so online MBA in the US

I am trying to find some information on the top 50 online MBA programs in general (non specified field) and am not having much success.

I found a 2009 list of a few which show accreditation levels and perhaps this could be a top list from 2009 - but many of them only are accredited once or dont list it - not sure if a top 50 list has more than one accreditation or you dont have to.

http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/online-mba-2009

Also I created a list of many universities that offer an online mba program and when using the mba scorecard, I am not seeing many of them. Does not seem like the scorecard has many - since when nothing is selected but online mba, not many show up.

Any help on where to find a list of top 50 or even top 100 online mba schools? I know there is always a top 10 but wonder if there is a larger list.

Thank you

I am trying to find some information on the top 50 online MBA programs in general (non specified field) and am not having much success.

I found a 2009 list of a few which show accreditation levels and perhaps this could be a top list from 2009 - but many of them only are accredited once or dont list it - not sure if a top 50 list has more than one accreditation or you dont have to.

http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/online-mba-2009

Also I created a list of many universities that offer an online mba program and when using the mba scorecard, I am not seeing many of them. Does not seem like the scorecard has many - since when nothing is selected but online mba, not many show up.

Any help on where to find a list of top 50 or even top 100 online mba schools? I know there is always a top 10 but wonder if there is a larger list.

Thank you

I used this site and searched 'distance' and many many show up which seem would be favored much more so than the schools on the previous links.

http://www.find-mba.com/usa/1

Not sure exactly. I mean I would assume from the link above, the distance learning mba schools at an already top 100 overall university would look better than many if not all of the ones from the specifically online programs listed in my previous post. So any help on this matter would be great.

Example: Syracuse has an online mba program. Would that not be better than something like Open University Business School in the UK or Thunderbird School of Global Management?

Thank you again for the help

I used this site and searched 'distance' and many many show up which seem would be favored much more so than the schools on the previous links.

http://www.find-mba.com/usa/1

Not sure exactly. I mean I would assume from the link above, the distance learning mba schools at an already top 100 overall university would look better than many if not all of the ones from the specifically online programs listed in my previous post. So any help on this matter would be great.

Example: Syracuse has an online mba program. Would that not be better than something like Open University Business School in the UK or Thunderbird School of Global Management?

Thank you again for the help
JanelyJ

According to macquil.com the top 10 online MBA unis are:

1. IE Business School
2. Thunderbird School of Global Management
3. Duke University
4. Manchester Business School
5. Warwick Business School
6. University of Florida
7. Indiana University
8. Pennsylvania State University
9. Babson College
10. University of Massachusetts - Amherst

I hope that helps!

According to <a href=http://www.macquil.com>macquil.com</a> the top 10 online MBA unis are:

1. IE Business School
2. Thunderbird School of Global Management
3. Duke University
4. Manchester Business School
5. Warwick Business School
6. University of Florida
7. Indiana University
8. Pennsylvania State University
9. Babson College
10. University of Massachusetts - Amherst

I hope that helps!
JanelyJ

And yes, I agree with you. A distance course from any uni will look better than an "online programme". In my opinion at least!

And yes, I agree with you. A distance course from any uni will look better than an "online programme". In my opinion at least!
Duncan

I'm not sure about Thunderbird and the OU. The OU is, in Britain, a really serious, well-established and respected institution. Thunderbird is known to MBA recruiters. I think you would be better to look at the rankings of the business school and then select the MBA with that in mind.

I'm not sure about Thunderbird and the OU. The OU is, in Britain, a really serious, well-established and respected institution. Thunderbird is known to MBA recruiters. I think you would be better to look at the rankings of the business school and then select the MBA with that in mind.
Tropic

Maybe I'm missing something here, but what's the difference between distance learning and online programs? I assume they're the same, so is 'distance learning' just a fancier way of talking about an online course?

Maybe I'm missing something here, but what's the difference between distance learning and online programs? I assume they're the same, so is 'distance learning' just a fancier way of talking about an online course?

Duncan

Hi Tropic. I think the other person is trying to distinguish mostly virtual business schools from mostly bricks-and-mortar schools.

Hi Tropic. I think the other person is trying to distinguish mostly virtual business schools from mostly bricks-and-mortar schools.
donho199

Oh dear how the hell Open University becomes a serious and reputable university. It is an open university my dear.

They dont have campuses but borrow lecturers and classrooms anywhere to run their seminars.

The lectures are normally skipped and students watch video tapes instead.

However, i really like Open uni and have taken courses with them. The quality is fine

Oh dear how the hell Open University becomes a serious and reputable university. It is an open university my dear.

They dont have campuses but borrow lecturers and classrooms anywhere to run their seminars.

The lectures are normally skipped and students watch video tapes instead.

However, i really like Open uni and have taken courses with them. The quality is fine
Duncan

Well, the Open University in Britain is a really well respected university. It comes top, or close to top, in the government's survey of student satisfaction. Since the 60s it's established unrivalled experience in blending face-to-face tutorials and schools with distance learning. I have not studied there, but I know it was one of the first MBA programmes in the UK to get accreditation. The vast majority of Britain's largest firms use it, and it runs the country's largest law school and business school. Certainly it does not have the elite reputation or the networking opportunities of a physical business school but its accredited MBA's academic rigour cannot be questioned seriously.

Well, the Open University in Britain is a really well respected university. It comes top, or close to top, in the government's survey of student satisfaction. Since the 60s it's established unrivalled experience in blending face-to-face tutorials and schools with distance learning. I have not studied there, but I know it was one of the first MBA programmes in the UK to get accreditation. The vast majority of Britain's largest firms use it, and it runs the country's largest law school and business school. Certainly it does not have the elite reputation or the networking opportunities of a physical business school but its accredited MBA's academic rigour cannot be questioned seriously.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Syracuse, New York 16 Followers 5 Discussions
Amherst, Massachusetts 11 Followers 21 Discussions
University Park, Pennsylvania 3 Followers 1 Discussion
Glendale, Arizona 22 Followers 15 Discussions
Babson Park, Massachusetts 16 Followers 6 Discussions
Coventry, United Kingdom (UK) 82 Followers 95 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 105 Followers 34 Discussions
Bloomington, Indiana 40 Followers 32 Discussions
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom (UK) 10 Followers 17 Discussions